Closed Thread
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thx for answering. I'll keep thinking for a different reason that something can be done about then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Might have to put you on the pay roll Felicita rather than FS! I see your EPU is all set for Wed, let us know how you go

Vesper, we came into this thinking we had 'simple' MFI. The longer it went on the more apparent it became there were mutual problems I hope your embies are looking better this cycle and in your case it is one of those one-off random things Only a few more days and you will be off and jabbing

Ok, well we have chatted up a storm today , how is everyone else???

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    well that just had to be one of the most fascianting reads on here I have had for a long time!

It is amazing anyone can get pregnant at all! After watching episode one of 'Inside the Human Body' the other week my husband and I sat there gobsmacked!

All i can say gorgeous Warriors, is perservere, ask questions and push.

xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Some of you know me already from other threads. I was reluctant to join here because I'm in denial. Don't call me warrior woman coz I'll club ya, I just wanna to be that chick that got preggers when her DH looks at her across the room! FFS!!!

I've finished cycle#8, done 10 transfers, 15 embryos and 4 miscarriages so far. We also started with a simple MFI, jumping in with naivety thinking we'll be pregnant very soon, even though the first was met with a BFN, we had three BFP's in a row. Changed FS because I wanted to use aspirin, and steroids for recurrent miscarriages despite no known cause found except for postulated crap embryos, we even had a normal karyotype of the 14 weeker that I miscarried. Anyway, no luck with new FS so far, had a string of BFNs he joked that I'd better go back to my first FS. Anyway, had another BFP cycle#7 with a very high hcg at first test but it soon went pear shaped.

Anyway, I've read over 200 journal articles on IVF and miscarriage related subjects so far, FS automatically supplies me with the appropriate articles or links if he dares to suggest something new.

The last two times he has been bringing up the donor route and have pushed me to see the donor coordinators. I'm just not ready for that yet. I don't know. I know it would cut short this TCC journey, but I just can't (yet).

I'm waiting for cycle #9 to start, this time adding Saizen, what the heck, I'm on everything else already. DHEA, aspirin, clexane, Prednisone, Feldene, CoQ10, double dose folate, LH add back (instead of Luveris). Yay not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know the last BFP we got, I kept asking DH, is it finally our turn, are we really this lucky?

Well, a week later we weren't.

I think when/if it finally does happen, I'll be still pinching myself when the baby is put on my chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread Starfish!

I will never understand why such good people have to go through such heartache. IVF in itself is bloody hard to cope with…then add long term ivf with years of cycle after cycle of disappointments and hurdles…then also add multiple miscarriages on top of all that (special hugs to Starfish, Spot & Frostysmum )…its beyond comprehension for most people and something only those here can ever truly understand.

While its encouraging at times to hear about the happy ending stories of those who have struggled and finally given birth to their child or children, I think it’s also important to remember that falling pregnant and giving birth to a baby is a miracle and a blessing…it is not an achievement. There is nothing ‘clever’ about it…its just being very lucky.

The real achievement lies in the journey travelled and the strength & determination displayed in following our dreams. It is something to be proud of regardless of the final ‘result’ or where this path eventually leads us. We have all acquired a depth and appreciation for life that we might not otherwise have, that’s something that nothing or noone can ever take away from us.

So I take my hat off, raise my glass and applaud all the amazing women here, and also the ones who have been and moved on….you are ALL the true heroes in my eyes and I wish you all the very best whatever your future holds.
    Stand tall and proud.

Cheers
    YY

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YinYang For This Useful Post:

SpotTheOcelot  (23-07-2011),Starf1sh  (12-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies ,

Thank you for starting this thread.

I am almost crying as i write this as i too am in denial about being a long term IVF'er. We too naively went off to try IVF thinking we would get pregnant pretty quickly. That was 2 years ago almost to the day. And here we are 3 stim cycles and 9 transfers later with no baby, not even 1 BFP. What i would do to see those 2 lines on the preg test .

We too seem to make great blasties but they just don't stick We visited our FS last week and basically came to the conclusion it is just a matter of finding the right emby and there is not much to do differently at this stage. I am currently tracking for our 10th transfer (a FET) which will hopefully be next week some time but since starting IVF my cycles are all over the place. I seem to be having another loooong cycle this month and am nowhere near ovulating yet. this will be the lucky one for us.

Those on here that have done many more cycles and transfers than me are an inspiration .

to all

PS - Sorry about the 'me' post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frosty, Im not sure whether to welcome you or not! But I am really glad you come here to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostysmum View Post
    I think when/if it finally does happen, I'll be still pinching myself when the baby is put on my chest.
    Oh I can sooo relate to that! I have great fears about ever being able to enjoy a pregnancy without waiting for the other shoe to drop... But what an amazing moment that moment is going to be!

YY I am delighted to see you here and as usual with bl00dy insightful and inspiring things to say! I hope all is going well with you??

mummywannabee, glad you found us! Hope your body cooperates for your FET next week

AFM, well implications counselling is done and seemed to go really well for all 4 of us Just have medical appt and tests for my sis to do later in the week and then about 6 wks to wait for all results to come back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi - Hi hun, how are you? Where are you up to at the moment with appt's? We'll have to catch up soon.

Starfish - I'm so glad that the counselling appt went well, that must be a relief. Hopefully your results come back a bit quicker for you - 6 weeks is a long wait. I guess in the ivf/ttc scheme of things another 6 weeks is not a big deal to us ladies on this long term ivf journey though - unfortunately we're use to it. Good luck hun.

Frostysmum - I think when/if it finally does happen, I'll be still pinching myself when the baby is put on my chest.
    I feel exactly the same way. After doing soooo many cycles and also with the years ttc before ivf I think when it finally does happen and I get the longed for BFP it will just be so surreal. I think unfortunately I'll be a nrevous wreck as well until I'm holding our bub. Good luck, here's hoping that the next cycle we all do is the healthy, sticky emby that stays for the 8 months and gives us our babies.

Yinyang - thank you for such a beautiful post.

Mummywannabee - Good luck for your FET, I hope it's the lucky one.

Felicita - Thank you for the interestin info you posted last week, as others have said it's amazing that anyone ever gets utd.

Hello to all of the other ladies I missed. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all. I've been soooo busy the last week or so and I guess the rest of you have been too. Hopefully I'll find time to post a bit more often.
    afm, I had my zoladex implant put in this morning so the countdown now begins - 8 weeks until I begin Lucrin and then prob puregon 1-2 weeks later , I better get a move on with my weight loss program, I really want to lose some weight before this cycle. Take care ladies and lots of to all of us.
    Last edited by lilybaby; 18-07-2011 at 22:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!!
    I love this thread! I am a long term ivf-er and we are doing our 7th cycle of ivf at the moment... It is so comforting to hear that there are other couples out there that are struggling like us! It always feels like others just think about being pregnant and they are!!

We are having a FET on Saturday and I am trying not to even dream about it working. I really don't want to get my hopes up!

Good luck to everyone!! Thanks for posting!!