Closed Thread
Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Frosty, adding FSH is a great idea (we're on day 3) and could be an option for increasing estrogen production. I will mention it to the clinic when they phone today. I have also read that D&C's can cause scarring on the uterus and hence affect the lining. I'm now wondering if the 2nd one I had in January could've caused the problem the last 2 cycles, but then again I've also had a natural conception since then and clearly the embie was able to implant Will just have to wait and see and !

I hope all is tracking along well with you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies well I have had a lovely time away with DH and DD a weekend at the beach was what we needed now we are preparing for a long drive back to brissy 1st BT monday DH flies back home on saturday so he will miss another FET but I have my friend her calls her self my fetility crystal she came with me last FET and we got a BFP so I think I will use her again to hold my hand lol

I just read a news report about a couple went to India and the FS told them they have a 70% chance there will be a pregnancy 50% chance of a healthy birth and 10% chance of twins they used 2 females to carry and ended up with 2 sets of twins OMG they are going to be sooooo busy 4 boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    I hope you don't mind me joining in the conversation. I just wanted to say this thread has given me some much needed hope. I am nearly 42 and up to my 22nd ivf cycle. I have endometriosis (had a bowel resection and have extensive adhesions), hydrosalpinges (had my tubes removed), high natural killer cells and have been diagnosed with an adenomyoma as well. I was lucky enough to fall pregnant once in my ivf journey but ended up having my beautiful daughter Kayla at 23 weeks. It is hard and every time we get a negative result, the grief over losing my little girl is so much harder to bear. It is hard as it seems I have alot going against me and I do feel alone at times. I decided to google adenomyosis and found this message board, better late than never I guess.

I was hoping especially to connect with lilybaby as I was thrilled to read her story (and other ladies too) especially with the adenomyosis treatment. I also posted on the adenomyosis thread.
    Lilybaby or others who have tried treatment designed to deal with adenomysois - is there any chance of getting as much information as possible about your protocols? I am in melbourne and seeing my FS this wednesday, and was hoping to get as much detail as possible, very last minute I know and my apologies if I am jumping the gun here. It is just that I don't where to turn next after 8 years, 2 major operations and 21 cycles. I have been using an egg donor for a while now because my eggs were not suitable.
    I hope you don't mind me jumping in here but I was just so happy to find this thread.
    Many many thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ktp - I'm so sorry to read about all you have been through, especially losing your beautiful little girl, I cant begin to imagine how devastating that was.
    I saw your post on the adeno thread and replied to you there. If you need more info please post again tonight and I'll check before I go to bed (bout 9:30 these days I'm afraid) I hope the info I posted is helpful though.

Loveabug - I'm glad you had a nice weekend at the beach - it sounds devine. It's a shame your DH cant be at the FET but it sounds like you've got a lovely friend who will be there for you. My DP missed this transfer (he made 8 out of 10) but missed the lucky one - maybe it'll be good luck for you too

Starfish -I have everything crossed that your lining improves so you can have your fresh transfer . I so hope that all the stress happening now with your sisters gastro and your lining being slow means that it will all be good luck when you get to the "business" end of your cycle

Frosty - (and everyone else who replied) Pregnancy / prog etc mentionned thank you for all of the info on prog. I've decided not to go for another BT after also talking to a friend of mine. My prog level after 2nd BT was 159, my friends started on (trying to remember her figures) it was about 70 and then dropped to about 40 on her 2nd BT and she ended up being pregnant with twins, all was fine and they are now healthy 6 months old bubs. So after hearing about her levels I decided mine were prob fine, especially since the FN said they were good. Plus I'm still having bouts of nausea each day, extreme tiredness and bloating etc so while that continues I'm happy . Thank you for the info though, I appreciate it.
    I hope everything is still going well for you and your pregnancy and you are able to feel some excitement now, how many weeks are you now?

hi and to everyone I missed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lilybaby. Yes the last 8 years have been the hardest of our lives but I am lucky to have a supportive husband and family. And stories like yours give me hope there are still options for me. Thanks for posting on the other thread, I have left some questions there for you. I hope you don't mind. Take care and all the best for monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ktp - I am really glad you found this thread. I am in no doubt that the ladies here will be able to provide you with a tonne of helpful information. I am so sorry to hear about your long road and hope it is only onwards and upwards from here. I have to say that I would not be able to endure half as much as you. This thread has given many of us hope and I am so glad it has done so for you as well. Best of luck and keep in touch

Thanks
    Reviews
    star - at the risk of sounding like a cliche, this could end up being the sunshine after the storm. I know you have been through far too much already and it seems nothing goes right at times, but I hope this is a small hiccup on your path to be UTD very shortly. It is so easy for me to say I know. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would be saying exactly the same as you but I really believe that things could improve for you. I am thinking of you and hope you get the news you are waiting for soon. Grow lining grow!!

Frosty and lili - thanks for the PCO/PCOS stories. I had 28 eggs the first batch and pretty much the same the second batch. I had several frosties so had MANY transfers in comparison to full cycles. The minimal dosage did not seem to make any difference quantity wise, just quality wise. I had a scan whilst I was not doing IVF and they stated that one ovary had too many follicles to be considered "normal". I guess I should really ask about this again. Thanks again for sharing your stories.

AFM...it is HIGH time I changed my signature as it does not tell the truth at all. I just did not want to change it as I did not want to accept that I have had so many transfers to no avail. First step in healing is admission they say. I think I should change it and stop living in the past.

Hope everyone is okay. XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    this could end up being the sunshine after the storm.
    Thanks gorgeous, that's a good way of looking at it. Feeling a little better today, I have some perspective after my meltdown yesterday I find it quite shocking that it takes so little to bring all the 'IVF PTSD' and fear and anxiety flooding back. Just stepping back into the clinic on Monday was enough to get me going after a 6 month break from the place! And I ran into Dr S in his theatre scrubs!

I think you are quite within your rights to just write, 'TTC for far too long' on your signature. I am considering changing mine to 'it's complicated'

Frosty, thanks again for your suggestion, however no go on the FSH. Too hard to control mine and sis's ovulation at the same time...But FS did kindly double my dose of progynova and I put myself on cartia

Lily, thanks hon I know it won't be the end of the world if I don't get a fresh transfer but it will be a kick in the guts. I think you have made a sound decision re: the progesterone and I hope you aren't feeling too poorly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jamison for your support. It is much appreciated. I tend not to share too much with others doing ivf as I am worried they might be put off by my long history which means I keep alot to myself. That is why I was glad to find this thread but I must admit I was hesitant to share because of that reason. It is hard at times to keep positive and to deal with the grief over the loss of our daughter and the emotional roller coaster that ivf cycles bring. But I don't need to tell anyone that here. Starf1sh was right with the "ivf ptsd". The important thing is not to give up and I am very thankful for my family and close friends who are very supportive of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ktp, I'm so sorry for your long journey and your loss. It definitely sounds like this is the place for you. and all the best with planning for your next cycle

Lily, how are you feeling? When is your scan date lovely?

Loveabug, I'm glad your friend is able to come to your FET

Mummywannabee, how are you doing?

Jamison, any nice plans for the weekend?
    Frosty, read your great news re: nuchal scan! Yipppeeee!!!

AFM, quick update, Sis had her 1st scan today (day 7) and there were a whopping 27 follicles!!! Looks she might be an egg laying machine! There is a lead one we will probably lose but then there are about 10 which are > 10mm and a whole lotta littlin's. Feeling optimistic about a good egg haul now just for quality! EPU Wed or Fri next week and next lining scan for me is Monday