Closed Thread
Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you so much everyone for your lovely congratulations, it does mean a lot to me.

Jamison - welcome home again. It must be lovely to see all of these wonderful countries but I can imagine that you would get sick of the travel after a while.

Star - I can imagine it would be tricky to walk that line between showing concern and wanting to know every little detail about what your sister is feeling along the way. I'm such a control freak myself and I can only imagine myself in your shoes, I'd be ringing every night to make sure she's done her jabs . Is your sister staying with you throughout the stims? Good luck for a perfect lining at your scan on Monday and for those little eggies that are about to start growing.

Rice - welcome. I have found this thread a great support because it is only other looooong term ivf ladies who really get how hard it can be.

to everyone else.

afm, I ended up having my 2nd BT on Wednesday (after having the initial on Monday) because they wanted to check my thyroid function and didnt want to wait for the planned BT on Friday. As a result I have to increase my thyroid meds but not a major deal. They also put me on clexane becaue I've had results come back in the past with abnormal antiphospholipid results so they are covering their bases there too. Anyway my hcg went from 292 on Mon to 534 on Wed which I'm thrilled about. The prog level went from 190 on Mon to 159 on Wed. The FN said that those results were great and I dont need anymore BT's now and to just wait for the scan (told me not to go in yesterday). I was fine with that on Wed but now I'm wondering should I be worried about the prog because it went down? FN said because it was so high anyway that little decrease was no big deal but I keep thinking about it. I'm prob being an ivf worrywort but wanted to see what you girls thought? Is the prog level ok and should I just have more trust in the FN? What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh starfish how exciting for you, I can imagine the apprehension though. But just fab to be on this new road, I wish you and your sis all the best. Just checking is she doing an antagonist cycle ??

Lilybaby, I think your Prog sounds fine and agree with the nurse. Great to see your Hcg upping.

Loveabug, I agree if you can get someone to come along, even if it's someone that just waits in recovery or outside the theatre for you. Sorry you've had the EEC, this is the place to have the online version !!! Best of luck for FET

Hi felicita, hi Jamison - and Rice you are most welcome here !! Hi frostysmum and everyone else

AFM, had a fresh transfer on Thursday of a grade 3 embie. It was one that we transported from our old clinic, it was a day 6 tfr, not strong enough to freeze (clinic has very strict freeze policy) but ok to transfer. We had one that qualified for CGH biopsy on day 5 and another they wanted to watch through to day 6 but we decided not to go ahead with CGH with only one or two embies. So both of those were frozen, good quality ones so that's good. TBH I'm not getting over excited by this grade 3 that's on board but I guess you never know !

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 29-10-2011 at 15:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilbirdy. Thanks for the welcome. You'll find a little bit of my history back on page 1 of this thread . I've been rather a silent participant of late, but have continued to read along with everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily, it is all sounding really good! I wouldn't worry too much about a small fluctuation in P4, it is still nice and high, but being a card carrying worrywort myself it can never hurt to increase prog support. Are you on pessaries or crinone?
    Lilbirdy, congrats on being PUPO!! You just never know, plenty of less than A grade embies have made beautiful babies. Will keep my for you!

Welcome back Felicita!

Sorry ladies, I have obviously been a little remiss on the details! Sis lives in country NSW about 600kms from Sydney. She is doing an antagonist (150 gonal-f) and will have all her monitoring locally to start with. I am feeling a little nervous about this but clinic assures us it has been done before. She will fly to Sydney in time for final scan, trigger and EPU, so will be with us a few days. EPU is likely nov 11th or 14th. I am really looking forward to the part when we are together as we are very close and I want to be able to be there for the final scan for her to feel well supported and that we are doing this together (with DH of course, but he is a bit peripheral at this stage! ). I have taken every opportunity to impress on her we wouldn't have this opportunity without her and whatever will be will be, (and I would only say this here) but after so much disappointment I am also on tenterhooks to see how it goes and hoping against hope that it might finally give us the sticky bub we have waited so long for
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 30-10-2011 at 20:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilybaby - I can understand you worrying. It is perfectly normal and I would be the same. I know nothing about progesterone but if the doc says it is all good, then that's a great thing. Yet, it is till hard not to worry huh? Your HCG sounds great. Best of luck and get yourself lotsa of R and R.

lilibirdy - congrats on the transfer. I have everything crossed we will have two happy lili's in here very shortly.

star - what a wonderful sister you have. I can certainly understand that you are on edge. I would be no different and you are no doubt trying so hard to hide it from your sister. I am sure she would understand if you showed your nerves and as much as you feel you do not want to put all the pressure on her, she would be worrying just as much about disappointing you. I bet she is more worried about you than herself right now but as I said, I do understand why you are keeping quiet. This is an extremely emotional process and you would of course, be forgiven for being so nervous and having so much anticipation. I wish you all the best of luck and hope that this brings you your long awaited dream.

Hi to all the lovely ladies I have missed. I must finish this post and read back further.

AFM....I just have a little word of advice for all. Do NOT watch "16 and Pregnant" on Foxtel when you are feeling emotional and vulnerable. I watched it today and burst into tears when the babies were born. It was NOT my most intelligent idea of late. I should have known it would result in tears (DH always tells me not to watch it and with valid reason) BUT that's like putting up a sign saying "Wet paint, do not touch" Of course you are going to test and see if it really is wet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    argggghhhhh. I just typed a post to many of you and lost it as I must have clicked back a few too many times. Not good.

Anyway, I notice some of you were talking about PCO/PCOS and lower dosages etc. I get HUGE egg hauls and the second batch was of higher quality as they lowered the dosage significantly and also extended the period of time between first injection and EPU. This made a huge difference BUT it truly makes me wonder why my latest FS believes I do not have polycystic ovaries given the large egg numbers and the lack of any other evident problems. There were a few ultrasounds which suggested there may be a PCO issue and now they are saying that is not the case. Confused. Does anyone know why I would be getting such large egg hauls on such low doses then?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry I lost the post to all the other ladies. I wanted you to know I was reading your posts and keeping up to date with your progress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilybaby---FS told me prog levels do fluactuate from day to day, it doesn't go up up up like hcg. I just had mine repeated last week as my obst wanted to check before I stop all the supporting meds, the lab sheet normal range for pregnant prog levels: 1st rimester 30-160, 2nd trimester 110-340, 3rd trimester 210-600. If you're really worried, just ask to have a repeat blood test a week from your last test, that way you have a blood test between now and your first scan. It is a bit reassuring. (I know, I did mine almost every 3-4 days)

Jamison---That's what I've read about "coasting" using lower dose FSH. I have the article if anyone wants to have a read. Every FS has their own opinion. My last FS said I have PCO, but I don't overstim at low doses, only mildly overstim once when Wazza was using crazy 600u on me and got 15 eggs and I got BFP on top of it. Wazza never thought I have PCO, when I thought I have PCO all my life due to very infrequent cycles and previous multi-follicles on scan when I was younger.

Lilbirdy---A chance is a chance, you'll never know.

Star---Goodluck for this cycle. This might be IT!!!

to everyone else. I apologise I haven't been following this thread as closely due to lack of time, but I'm here in spirit. Every long termer's achievement is worth a big celebration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison just to give you my PCO story - I had a radiographer "identify" them in his hycosy report when I understook my initial tests before IVF. I don't have PCOS or any PCOS symptoms but I'm not really sure how PCO is actually diagnosed other than the fact that in natural circumstances a high number of small follicles sit on the ovaries. My first FS gave me 2 x 350iu of puregon, 30 eggs, I got just one blasty cycle one and they froze 7 embies on day 2 of second cycle, ended uLp only one survived to blasty once we thawed. I still dont quite know why she gave me that much Puregon again for cycle two. Then I moved clinics and new FS agreed I was polycystic, dropped the dose down to 200iu immediately. Fewer eggs and less OHSS feeling, and 5 blastys. Next cycle another 200iu, 16 eggs, only one blasty but frozen sperm which I don't think helped most recent cycle, 18 eggs and two "standout" blastys which we froze - with 175iu.

I don't have any answer from you, if he doesn't think you have PCO, I can only suggest asking him why he believes your response is so high. The follies have to come from somewhere !
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 30-10-2011 at 21:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry me post coming up...
    Have just been for my 1st lining scan after being on progynova for about 10 days. Once again the lining is thin, around 4mm. I am devastated, this is EXACTLY what happened last time I was on the OCP and I am convinced it is related. Have never had lining probs on any other cycle. Poor sis also has gastro (as does her DS) which has been an added stress for both of us. I just feel like we cannot catch a break

I don't know if it will help but feel I have to do something, so I'm increasing my acupuncture visits and getting back on the TCM herbs. We do still have about 2 weeks till transfer but I'm sooooo worried that I will end up having to freeze whatever embies we get and after all the effort I REALLY want a fresh transfer. Waiting to hear what FS says, possibly increasing progynova dose which is already giving me a very upset stomach

Thanks
    Reviews
    Star---I suck too at doing FET. My body just won't respond to synthetic estrogen well, and I get nauseous from too much of it. But as you said it's only D4 of jabbing? There's plenty of time for it to catch up. The other trick is for you to do FSH as well (my lining respond much better that way than doing HRT) but it might be too late for this cycle.