Closed Thread
Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf!sh - I love researching everything to try, not just blindly taking the FS's directions, and you're always so well informed, and have explained some things really well, which I've really appreciated. Yes, I'm on the Coast, but go up to Brisbane for IVF.

Yes, I'd thought the same thing about DHEA as I know it increases numbers. I haven't heard of Saizen, but will read up on it, thanks! I have had steroids (prednisone) the last few cycles, not sure if its helped though.

No, DH has high DNA fragmentation, so I pushed for a tesicular biopsy a couple of cycles ago, but this made no difference so FS is convinced that ICSI should overcome this and I must be the problem. DH has been on CoQ10, Menevit etc all year but doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Just a short post tonight. Unfortunately another BFN for us

Could i have one of those crystal balls too please......it would be so much easier if we knew if this was ever going to work

I will come back later and catch up with where everyone is up to.

I have now stopped the pessaries and clexane and am again awaiting AF's arrival.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls, I have been MIA from BH for a while, but still think of you all.

Yes it is 20 past 4am! But I couldn't sleep so here I am drinking a milo and writing this...

A quick update, I have been back to my fs and booked on for my 21st cycle of ART. This time we are doing another fresh ICSI IVF and for the first tine putting 2 back in. No anuploidy as it's deemed that my embies are a normal ratio of healthy v other. Also in the slight case that it damages the embryos.

I still suffer from anxiety and stress, but the depression only really comes back after BFN news. In a way a broken leg would have been better, at least there is a definate end to the healing process. Its been a year since I knew I needed help, but it took me having a complete meltdown (at work of course) before I went to a doctor (in Jan).

Soo, I'm on the pill to make me have a cycle before starting jabs again.

Frosty, hope all is well that would have been an enormous scare for you.
    Bed rest sounds like a great plan, just stick to it! Read some good books and catch up on crap daytime TV :-)

Lily, I'm always thinking of you Hun. We need to go grab a coffee, it's been too long xx hoping everything is going well.....haven't read up since you posted that you were in the 2ww. Thought and to you xx
    Last edited by Marzi; 19-10-2011 at 09:34. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    mummywannabe---I'm sorry, it's crappy and doesn't get any easier does it?

Marzi---Goodluck I hope you arrive at your well deserved success this round.

Haydos---I've used LH add-back (using low dose Pregnyl) instead of Luveris because it's cheaper, and in the body it ended up to be the same thing. Pregnyl can be included under the drugs claim to Medicare within the cycle, and I use 50 units per day from day 2 of jabbing till the day before trigger. Like the Luveris, it is to stimulate a bit of background estrogen to help mature the follicles as the natural estrogen are suppressed by either synarel or Orgalutran/Cetrotide. I also take estrogen tablet (progynova 2mg per day) at the same time, which I will continue till 12 weeks pregnant (increasing to 4mg per day after EPU). This last round I used Saizen (human growth hormone) at $150 per vial, I don't think I've used it effectively as my AF didn't arrive so I started my cycle without an AF right in the the middle of nowhere. Wazza wanted me to start the Saizen on CD1 until a few days before EPU. Some research papers he showed me actually started the Saizen on CD 21 of the last cycle, but that means a lot of money! Anyway, if I did it properly with Wazza's formula, I'd ended using about 15-16 doses, but because I started late, I only used 8 vials before EPU, which I think did diddly squat, my fert rate wasn't any better. So I'm not actually a proponent for Saizen.

With PCOS, increasing androgens (DHEA or testosterone) will be counterproductive, as PCOS already cause increased level of androgens. Mature ovarian follicles produce estrogen, it might be worth monitoring your estrogen levels during the stim phase to see what they are doing. The estrogen levels should correlate to how many mature eggs you're going to haul at EPU.

Some papers I've read suggest "coasting" for people like yourself (high follicle numbers but poor quality), ie. using very low dose FSH and brewing the follicles for a longer period of time to allow them time to mature. Antagonist cycles are also said to be better for PCOS as it suppressed overproduction of follicles better. If you want some reference to read send me your email addy by PM, I'm more than happy to pass them along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi - I laughed when I read your post cos I was awake until at least 2am. I went to bed at 9:30 cos I couldnt keep my eyes open and then tossed and turned all night. Eventually got up again at 12:30.
    Wishing you lots and lots of for your upcoming cycle.

Mummywannabee - , I'm so sorry it really is a crappy journey. I hope that you and DH can do something special together during this awful time.

Starfish - how are you feeling now the OPK's are finished?

Haydos - Wishing you lots of luck with your new cycle. I dont have any suggestions apart from what the lovely ladies here have already mentionned. If you havent tried saizen before it might be worth a try. I know it has had great results for some ladies, for me the cycle I used it for I had the worst fert rate and lowest quality ever - FS assures me that's not the norm though, since it's meant to have the opposite affect . As I said though it does work for many women. I didnt care so much about the money, it was more wanting to try everything so I'd have no regrets or what ifs down the track. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Frosty - I hope you are surviving bedrest and your little bub is doing all the right things.
    Hi to all the lovely Long term warrior women I missed

afm, had a freakout last night. My ovaries were killing me all day and when I went to bed last night I had shocking af cramps and leg aches as if the biatch was on her way, it didnt ease up for hours which is prob why I was still awake at 2am as I mentionned to Marzi. Today its just the ovaries hurting again and no more aching legs thank goodness. I'm now CD26 and although I'm still maintaining my positive stance that it has worked this time with my gorgeous little embies I have to admit I'm hating going to the loo. Just gotta make it to Monday with no sign of the witch - stay away!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MummyWB, I'm so sorry

Marzi,

Lily, I think the signs are encouraging...but just to be sure STAY AWAY AF!!!!
    I had been having spotting for a few days before stopping OCP (body was about to explode I think ) and looks like AF has arrived this afternoon, sweet relief for the (.)(.) so starting progynova tomorrow. Yippee, onto the next round of drugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    haydos - I second your views regarding Star. She is VERY well informed and oh so helpful. I have taken alot of her posts and advice on board. Thank you so much for your kind wishes. I will just keep on keeping on until it feels right.

mummy - I am so so sorry.Nothing I can say will make you feel better but just know, I am thinking of you.It never feels less painful than the time before.

Star - you said everything I wish my family and friends would say. You always know just what to say. You are one amazing woman. How are you feelin there???

frosty - thank you. I did need that "healing time" and to be honest, I am not sure I want to ever tackle IVF again. I have been having so much fun that I do not want to be thinking IVF this, IVF that again. I still feel empty without my bub but I am just letting whatever will be, be. As for you, don't you let it get you. I know ! I can say that so easily can't I?? You keep that butt in bed !!!! If it is any consolation, all of my family experience what you did and here I am. Mum experienced that with my sister and I as did my Nan and I am here annoying the you know what outta everyone 30 or so years later.

lily - how are you doing there??

Dani - A HUGE congrats to you. I am always happy to read about such success!!

Sorry to all that I have missed.

AFM - off overseas AGAIN on Sunday. I am off to China. Not a fan of where I go but I am looking forward to more time alone to reflect. It always helps me to think rationally when I am apart from DH and my family. Who knows??I may be ready for IVF again when I return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison, damn girl don't be nice to me, you know I am already full of hormones! I really teared up reading your post (and Haydos), it's nice to be appreciated but it also reminded me of all the reasons I felt it was so important for us warriors to have a place of our own with others who really understand the struggle of a long journey, and what it means to dig deep to still make a life (and a good one at that) out of what is a lot of the time a really heartbreaking situation. I think all the regular girls who have been drawn here are amazingly supportive of each other and bonded by shared experience (and disappointment) and show incredible determination not to give up on their dreams...even if sometimes we don't quite know how they will be achieved. We have a quote on our fridge, well we have several! but this one was put there by DH and it says; 'most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who kept on trying even at times when there seemed to be no hope at all'.

Have a safe trip to China and enjoy having some time for yourself

Lily, hang in there embies not long to go till you can make your presence known Any POAS action planned at your place?

MummyWB, hope you are doing ok? Pop in soon and let us know.

Haydos, when do you meet with FS? Don't underestimate the role of the sperm particularly in fertilisation. FS's often put so much emphasis on egg quality and when it comes to sperm 'oh well we'll get around that with ICSI' rather than emphasising good healthy living to the guys...annoys me! One other thought...does your clinic do digital high magnification for selecting sperm? http://www.ivf.com.au/ivf-fertility-...ification.aspx We are doing this with our ED cycle, partly because it's one thing we have never tried and even though we have had natural conceptions DH usually has pretty average sperm tests on the day!

Loveabug, Frosty, Danii, Marzi

AFM, AF arrived the day after I stopped OCP and I have started progynova. Hopefully sis's AF arrives in the next 10 days and then we are off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies, sorry in advance for the lack of personals, I'll come back over the weekend to catch up. I just did a "paste" from part of my post on the Adel thread.

I'm still surviving the 2ww, it's CD28 today and only 3 more sleeps until BT. I just so, so hope I make it to Monday with no sign of the witch . I'm not planning on doing a poas, if I make it to Monday with no spotting then I'll just wait for my BT results.

Starfish - yay for af (for you that is - not for me thanks) you must be getting so excited now.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    star - I love that quote. So so true. I am so glad we all have a place like this with people who truly know exactly how heartbreaking this can be. Hey, if nothing else right now, we all have each other. No tear inducing comments intended!!

Have a great weekend ladies and hope those who had some bad news lately get themselves off to the shopping centre pronto!!! Take hubby's keycard with you!!