Closed Thread
Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mummywannabee, for your bt today!

Congrats Danii Nice to see another long termer finally get their BFP! Numbers look like they are doubling nicely!

Back later for more personals girls...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison - I totally understand the need for a long break. The longer ivf goes on the harder it gets. I actually enjoyed the 5 month break before starting this cycle even though I was on suppression for 10 weeks of it. It just took so much pressure off me because I knew there was no way I could get pregnant so as much as we desperatley want a baby there wasnt the disappointment each month or the failure of a cycle to deal with cos it is impossible to get utd while on the zoladex. Of course there was the dpwnside that it'll never happen if I'd stayed on the break but that was easier to deal with than the ongoing disappointments if that makes sense in a crazy way.
    I hope you can enjoy your break and spend time with your DH doing all the lovely things that will be too hard to do once your bub comes along.

Mummywannabee - for BT - I hope it's good news.

Dani - , what awesome news. Your numbers look great - I have my you'll have a smooth, carefree pregnancy.

Lola - , so sorry you are having a hard time at the moment. I think we'd all love a crstal ball, I think it would make this journey easier to bear if we knew when we'd finally get our longed for bub.

Starfish - , I hope you've been surviving the OCP's they must be nearly finished?

Hi to everyone I missed.
    afm, 1 week down and 1 to go in the 2ww. I'm still feeling really positive about this cycle at the moment but have still started the knicker watch today aarrgh, drives me crazy. I'm only CD24 so it'd be to soon anyway but cant make myself not look. I went in to the clinic this morning to get a BT to check my prog levels cos I always stress about them. When the nurse rang back all she said was that all my hormone levels look fine for CD 24 and she hopes she'll see me next week for my BT. At the time that sounded goodand I was relieved for about 2 minutes but now I'm thinking - is fine ok??? So I think the 2nd week crazies are settling in. I think I better go watch some tv to distract myself. Apart from all that I've just got lots of cramping and stabbing pains around my belly button but I know it means nothing cos it'd still be side effects from my pregnyl on Friday. I have everything that it has worked this time and 1 or both of my embies are snuggled in tight already and I dont have to go through this crazy 2ww again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lola, 1 crystal ball for me too please! Hope you are having a better week

Jamison, I think you are both incredibly insightful and strong to not get back on board the rollercoaster when you know you are not emotionally ready just at the moment. So many of us naturally feel the pressure of time and the sting of unsuccessful cycles urging us on until we are at breaking point and it takes true courage to put yourself on the sidelines until you are fit and ready to get back on. I think it shows you know yourself and your relationship very well. I truely, 100% believe it will put you in a better space for whatever comes next and make a sticky BFP more likely But in the meantime live your life, enjoy! BD yourselves crazy and I will wish for a natural miracle for you!

Lily, All aboard the positivity train to BFP town for you!!! I'm also this is your last 2ww.....till bubba no. 2!

Taking my last OCP tomorrow Cannot wait to come off it, have had the worst side effects of any drug I've taken during my IVF journey
    Have had the sorest, hugest (.)(.) as well as bad skin and feeling super irritable and tired (I'm a joy to be around ATM!) I said this on the 35+ thread I seriously think I would prefer to inject clexane in my eyeball than go on the OCP again for an extended period!

So hopefully AF will arrive in the next week and then I start Progynova and go into a bit of a holding pattern waiting for sis's AF to arrive. I've never been on progynova before so not sure what to expect, anyone else been on it??

Just starting to feel the tiniest rays of hope about this cycle and the possibility of FINALLY getting a sticky bub... but at the same time it is really unknown how it will go as sis has obviously never cycled before So many questions, but at the heart of it such an amazing gift and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful sister

Have a good week ALL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - for the bl00dy OCP's but that its about to end. I agree that your sister is a lovely person to do this for you but I'm sure that she thinks the world of you too.

Your comment about the clexane in the eye made me cos I know how yuk the clexane is. I've never taken the prognyove before so cant comment there but from what you've been through with the OCP surely it cant be worse. Hope not anyway for your sake.

You'll be PUPO before you know it with a VERY sticky bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, will catch up soon, but just a quick note, looks like AF is finally about to turn up and I can start another cycle, so just wondering if anyone thinks acupuncture would be worth trying, and if so does anyone recommend anyone on the Gold Coast or Brisbane?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dani---Congrats for your BFP! I'm so glad to hear of long termers getting their well deserved and hard earned BFP's. I can understand all the sweats, tears and money that has gone into it.

Star---Good to see the end of the OCP, it makes me a little crazy too. Poor DH has copped a lot of hormonal abuses over the last few years.

Jamison---Enjoy your healing time. (That's what I call them anyway)

Lola---

Lily--- Can't wait to hear your good news!

Mummywannabe---

Haydos---I've heard good things about Jenny and Camilla at East West Fertility for acupuncture, they're at Ashgrove. Andrew Orr at Shen Fertility is also very popular, he's on the westside, but last time I went to EPU at St Andrew's Day Theatre I noticed he's opened a branch just next door on Level 1.

AFM---I'm still hanging in there. Had a big bleed on Friday, scan showed a small perigestational sac bleed, but it scared the bejeesus out of me. I'm on bedrest on dr's orders this week. So still climbing ladders at this stage with the damn snake biting my heels, but I'm not going to let it get me this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frostysmum - wow that must have been so scary, I'm glad to hear that little bubba is ok. Bedrest is certainly the safest place for you and bub at the moment. The worry never ends during this process until our precious babies are safely in our arms and then a new set of worries begin. I'm thinking of you and your precious bub and sending lots of during this stressful time.

Take care

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

Frostysmum  (18-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok so starting to freak out AF will be arriving next week then I will be on my way to having FET except im so worried I havent called FS to book into the cycle arrrgh I just keep putting it off but maybe I will feel better tomorrow.

DD turns four tomorrow and she wont be getting the present she has been hoping for because well i dont know we ordered it in time should have been here today at the latest but my guess is they didnt order her bike on time its just lucky she will be getting a baby born as well or we wouldnt be getting her anything not happy.
    I know she will be happy with the baby as she has been asking for a real baby for so long our last 2 pregnacies she new we were pregger and kept asking 4 baby then we MC and the asking kept up about when are we getting a baby so we had to change to getting a baby from the shop. so thats all she is getting when she wakes up it wil show up tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Ploddypop – thanks for sharing your story with us, it’s great to hear after all these cycles there could be a happy ending :P

Starfish – ummmmm, project relax is pretty good... project get fit , not so much... can’t help snacking during the day lately! Have been a lot better at drinking water which is good – if only that was somehow the infertility secret cure :P How was your ceremony? I think that’s a great way to be at peace with what’s happened so far and the new path you’re taking. I really hope this next cycle with your sister will be the one for you! BTW – OCP is ok, Syneral is what DH hates as I’m... let’s say, not the most fun person to be around. DH calls me ‘Syneral Susan’ during that time.... and he is NOT a fan! :P Lucky for him most of my cycles have been antagonist!

Moo – I remember you from other threads – welcome Hope your stay here is short and sweet – I think long term is a personal term, but maybe anything after a couple of cycles. I used to get so frustrated when someone had been trying for ‘ages’ and complaining how hard it was, then it turned out they’d been trying for 3 months or something. Not that it’s not hard for them, but I don’t think they can relate to how hard repeated failed cycles can be, and so I stopped participating in conversations, it was just too depressing. The other reason I love this thread is there is so much shared knowledge and everyone is willing to offer suggestions. (particularly Starf!sh is a guru and knows everything!)

Mummywannabee – hope your TWW is going well! Have you had your BT yet???

Danii – congratulations! All the best for your pregnancy

Lilybaby – Congrats on being PUPO Sounding really positive – good luck! When is your BT?

Hi Lola – I know exactly what you mean, feels like a conspiracy sometimes, everyone else has decided to get pregnant and announce it whenever I feel the most depressed about still not being pregnant. And then they’re deserving and nice, so I can’t even resent them for it! Not fair.
    Do you know what’s causing your infertility? All the best and welcome to the thread.

Big hugs Jamison – do what is right for you. Wishing you all the best with DH and your IVF journey if and when you continue xx

Frostysmum – Thanks for that, Ashgrove may be a bit far but St Andrews would work if it coincides with EPU – I will check that out, thanks! Wow that’s scary, hope you’re ok now, look after yourself!

Ok, I’m starting another cycle tomorrow, any suggestions would be welcome. Last the FS took the first cohort only (so a few days earlier than normal and way less numbers) and a low dose of 75. Usually I get around 25 even on a low dose, but don’t have the oestrogen to support it. We always get low fert rates (sometimes none), even with ICSI. Last time only 2 of the 5 fertilised, but that’s ok, 1 of them looked really good and was progressing pretty fast for us (normal for everyone else), so clearly the Luveris or 1st cohort has helped. I’m keen to have Luveris again, is there anything else anyone can think of for me to ask FS at the meeting tomorrow to improve quality/fert rates etc? Pretty close to going to a donor so really want this to work if we can.

Susan

Thanks
    Reviews
    MummyWB, hope you are quiet because you are celebrating a BFP?!!

Loveabug, Happy Birthday to your DD! Hopefully with this FET she will be getting her baby brother or sister just before her 5th birthday

Frosty, How terrifying! Glad to hear little bubba is safe and sound. Not long to go till NT scan now

Lily,

Haydos, not sure about the guru status just have been around long enough to try most things *sigh* I really loved having acupuncture but got such mixed results in my cycles when I did it i.e. got 2 natural BFP's while going regularly for about 6 months but also had a thin lining on another cycle I'm thinking you are Brisbane based judging by Frosty's post? so can't give you a recommendation but I did find it incredibly relaxing and my acu very supportive. If you have the $$ it can be worth doing regularly leading up to a cycle, otherwise the main evidence points to increased success rates for treatment pre and post embie transfer. I'm guessing your FS wouldn't be keen to use DHEA given your high egg no's/ borderline PCOS. The only other thing I can think of in regards to improving egg quality/fert rates is to try Saizen (human growth hormone). I think Frosty also used this on her successful cycle?? It is $$$ but then again so is Luveris. All good with your DH's swimmers?