Closed Thread
Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starfish - Thank you for the quality over quantity mantra, it made me laugh. I hope it does bring me luck . I'm getting nervous now as EPU gets closer, not about the EPU itself, they no longer bother me at all. I think it's the uncertainty of what if it still doesnt work after all the changes in the lead up to this cycle. I'll just have to snap out of it and start my own mantra - it will work this time and we'll get our sticky BFP, it will work this time and we'll get our sticky BFP, it will work this time and we'll get our sticky BFP, it will work this time and we'll get our sticky BFP. I so hope that is true for all of us on this thread.
    I totally get what you mean about it being in the hands of the fates. I hope the process goes as smoothly as possible for you and your sister, she is very special to do this for you but I'm sure she doesnt see it as anything more than giving her much loved sister a very special gift . I have everything crossed that it works out perfectly and we are both finally Mama's by this time next year then we could start a "Long term ivf warrior women graduates thread" for all of us long term ladies ttc.

Have a lovely day everyone. I think all the drugs are affecting me at the moment, I've been teary and emotional all morning, oh well at least I'm on holidays and dont have to worry about dealing with a class of 5 and 6 year olds while I'm in this state.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilybaby, wishing you a lovely haul of eggies tomorrow and brilliant fert rates!!! I'm loving your mantra too, so together our mantra's have got to get you you over the line so you can start the "Long term ivf warrior women graduates thread"!!! Can't wait to see it FILLED with us LTers!

Ok deep breath....
    quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity

it will work this time and you'll get your sticky BFP, it will work this time and you'll get your sticky BFP, it will work this time and you'll get your sticky BFP, it will work this time and you'll get your sticky BFP

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

lilybaby  (08-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - thank you for your lovely post. I only just saw it now when I came in to update after my EPU this morning. It's definetly given me a much needed cheering up.
    Sorry for the lack of personals. I'm really sore and have bleeding after EPU this time too. I dont know if its cos of a different DR who perhaps wasnt very gentle or just because I've had so many EPU's and my body is breaking down. Anyway we only got 3 eggies today so obviously lost our 2 lead ones by waiting for the other 3 to catch up - I so, so, so hope it was the right thing to do. When we were looking at 4 or 5 I was feeling really poistive but now with 3 I'm really upset - maybe it's just all the emotions from the drugs too??? I've already had quite a few tears, twice in recovery after I saw the number and once on the way home. We normally only have a 40-50% fert rate so I'm really stressing now. I just hope this is now where the DHEA & CoQ10 kicks in to give awesome quality and a perfect fert rate this time around. Please send us some positive vibes cos I'm so scared about tomorrows fert call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilybaby - all the best, feel better soon from the EPU! Mine vary a lot in terms of pain so I think it just depends on how it goes as to how much pain you feel, luck of the draw.

3 good quality ones beat poor quality any day (trust me I would trade my numbers for quality any day), so you're in with a good chance. Thinking of you and wishing you luck! xx
    Last edited by Haydos1979; 07-10-2011 at 18:04.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Haydos1979 For This Useful Post:

lilybaby  (08-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    mummywb - make it a point to get to NY one day. It's a great experience. Hope you are doing well there.

lily - sorry to hear you are sore. I wish the very best with this egg haul. I am thinking of youXX

star - my fave thing???? Hmmmmmm maybe this is going to sound strange but a pair of $12 shoes I found in some little mall. They are FAB and I could not believe the price!! DH did not believe me when I told him the price which is understandable given us ladies like to knock the price tag down a bit when hubby asks how much we paid. Hope you and you sister are doing well there.

Have a great weekend everyone and I hope everyone is doing okay.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamison For This Useful Post:

lilybaby  (08-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, sorry for butting in, just wanted to share my story to give you hope. I started IVF at 30 and DH 28 (my problem, damaged tubes). 7 stim cycles, 14 transfers and 3 and half years later I had my FIRST BFP!! My DS is now 4, I was having twins but unfortunately lost one at 7 weeks. I never once had a BFP until then so had really lost all hope of ever having children, I had my last 2 embies transferred and planned on having no more treatment and BINGO. So, there is always a chance. I also had another cycle when DS was 2.5 which resulted in a very nasty cornual eptopic and surgery and being told NO MORE FOR YOU YOUNG LADY by my FS!! However, being the stubborn mule that I am, I had some tests and persuaded him to transfer my last frozen embie and NO MORE TREATMENT, he did that for me and I am now 4wks and 4 days preggers . So twice I gave up hope and twice I had a miracle. Hang in there, your miracle will come XX

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ploddypop For This Useful Post:

lilybaby  (08-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily, I hope you are feeling better soon. It has been a long and emotional journey you've had to get to this EPU, so much hope and expectation and you've been so patient, no wonder you are feeling the way you are! Whether we admit it or not the thing we all focus on straight after EPU is THAT number written on our hand. There are plenty of people here who have gotten their bub from only a few eggs, sometimes only 1 retrieved! I am sending you the strongest fertilisation vibes I can muster and keep your eye on the prize QUALITY OVER QUANTITY!

Mummywannabee, congrats on being PUPO! How did your transfer go??

Jamison, isn't that the way! The thing you love the most happens to be some quirky thing picked up for a song! I recently bought myself a pendant I randomly saw in a shop (not partic expensive) which says, 'give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way'. I love it and have been wearing it almost daily.

Haydos, how are you going with project relax and get fit?

Loveabug, how are things going with you?

Ploddypop, cute name! Thanks for dropping by to share your long term warrior woman story and congrats on no. 2. Wishing you a smooth pregnancy from here on in.

Lilbirdy and anyone else I've missed

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

lilybaby  (08-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much to all of you for your lovely supportive messages, it does mean a lot.
    We got the call this morning that 2 out of the 3 fertilised so we are over the moon with that news. It's the best fert rate we've ever had so I think the DHEA and CoQ10 would have a lot to do with that. Such a huge relief. Now have that our 2 little embies do everything they should and are in perfect condition for our transfer on Tuesday.

I'll be back later for personals (promise) but wanted to pop on quickly to thank you all and share our good news. Have a lovely day everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - thank you so much for all of your support, it has meant a lot. There's sooooo many highs and lows on this ivf journey and I hope it is only highs ahead for all of us from this point forward. You must be counting down now to stop your OCP, not long to go for you now - yay!

Ploddypop - thank you for sharing your story. It's always nice to hear of long term ttc having success, it gives us all hope.

Jamison - thank you for your support and good wishes. $12 shoes - how amazing to get nice shoes for that price. I'd love to go to NY, it's certainly on my "to do" list.

Mummywannabee - for you in the 2ww. I hope your transfer went perfectly.

Haydos - thank you for your supportive message as well. How have you been going? I'm certainly feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday. 1 day can make such a big difference in this journey.

Hello to Lilbirdy, Loveabug and everyone else I missed. Unfortunately I cant go back any further.

Thanks again everyone for your support, ET is on Tuesday so both embies grow well and then the dreaded 2ww begins. Have a lovely weekend ladies.