Closed Thread
Page 15 of 97 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Loveabug,
    Good news! My sis got her AF yesterday so looks like we might be cycle buddies for a November transfer!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Starfish and Loveabug , wishing you both lots of luck for your cycles in November.

Sorry I've been MIA, I'll be back to update over the weekend. I hope everyone has been well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh - 5 years for us too Good news with you and Loveabug with your AFs arriving.

Hope you're doing ok Lilbirdy! Big hugs.

Nothing new with me, I haven't been focusing on IVF lately which is great as I actually feel like I'm getting some downtime rather than the month off driving me crazy like normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOOT WOOT starfish I hope we are
    Haydos Its so great to get some down time and clear you head IVF takes up so much time even when you arent cycling you still think of it so well done

Looks like september is a good month for marrige but can I just say how good is August(im just saying) it was 8 yrs this year for us

Just a quick post for me hope everyone is having a Fabulous weekend as I am nothing spesh just some sewing and chillaxing
    Last edited by Loveabug; 02-10-2011 at 16:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilbirsy - you hit the nail right on the head. I know exactly what you mean about the counsellor at the clinic. I would take DH up on the offer of going to NYC again. Just wear dark glasses so he cannot see you perving on the NY firemen. They certainly are a sight to behold.

loveabug and star - I do hope you get to cycle together. Much luck to you both.

Star - I am back and full of post retail therapy glee!! I shopped up a storm. I got some great things. Great news about your sister. I wish you all the very best. It's strange as before I embarked on IVF, I did not of anyone who had done it either but now every second person we know is doing it. One of our friends gave birth last week after being told there was "No hope" for her at all. She fell pregnant naturally after they told her that. Just goes to show you.

Hi everyone else. Hope you are all having a great weekend. It's a long weekend for us NSW girls and I for one am enjoying it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post for now. I have been MIA for a few weeks trying not to focus too much on ivf while we were waiting for things to be back on track.

Star & Loveabug - Great news about your cycles in November!

Jamieson - your trip sounds great. I would love to go to NY one day

AFM - We are scheduled for a FET on Friday. I am so excited!! Hopefully the lap/hysto, removal of endo and using Clexane and progesterone pessaries for the 1st time this cycle will do the trick for us. Any tips re: the clexane and pessaries?? From what i've read neither sound very pleasant.....

Hi to everyone else i have missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back Jamison! What was your favourite thing you bought?
    Lily, you must be jabbing and on track for EPU now?

Mummywannabee, do you usually use crinone for progesterone support? The pessaries are a bit messy (I usually wear a pad/panty liner when using them) and they are a bit of a pain cos you are supposed to lie down for 30 mins after putting them in. If you are on 2 x daily they recommend doing them close to 12 hours apart to keep prog levels steady (I don't always strictly do them 12 hrs apart because it can be a logistical nightmare and then again I usually use more than prescribed anyway!!! )
    Now to clexane! I have used it for all of my cycles as I have a clotting disorder. Firstly, it isn't anywhere near as bad as you hear but it does sting more than other injections and the needle can be hard to get in initially. I recommend icing the area before you inject while you are getting used to it. Pinch a good bit of flesh (if you have any to grab! ) and contrary to all other injections leave the bubble in! Some say inject the bubble last to minimise bruising but I say get than sucker in any way you can because it will inevitably give you bruises the 1st few times. You can also try icing the area for a minute after injecting (again some say this also minimises bruising). and
    Wow Haydos, we were married at almost the same time! Hope you're doing well hun

Lilbirdy and Loveabug (yep August is a great month too ) and anyone else I've accidently missed!

AFM, I have a date to come off OCP and I'm excited!! 18th October and then wait for mine and sis' AF to come I have been feeling mega irritable on the pill and both DH and I can't wait for the 18th to come!

Have a good week ALL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I just wrote a long post and it's gone , so sorry this is just a quick one now and I'll try my long post again tomorrow.

Starfish - I'm glad you can come off the OCP soon, I never coped very well on them either. Your cycle is getting closer now, are you getting excited, nervous or both?
    Thank you for asking about me, I had my scan yesterday and will have EPU this friday. They found 3 good sized follies on the right and 1 good and 1 small on the left. A year ago I'd have been so upset with 4 but these days I'm thrilled - just hoping that the DHEA has made them super good quality.

Mummywannabee - good luck with your FET this friday, I hope it is the sticky one.
    Starfish gave great advice with the clexane. I also found it helped a bit if you inject into the fleshy bit from the side and on a slight angle instead of going directly in from the front, (hope that makes sense). I got shocking bruises from the clexane but (like all of us) would use it again in a second if it could possibly help give me a bub.

Hi to everyone else, be back again soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Starfish - Awesome news on being able to stop the OCP and moving forward with your donor cycle with your sister. You must be excited (and anxious probly). Thanks so much for the advice about the pessaries and clexane. I've never had either before so i really appreciate it. Yep, i have plenty of flesh to grab so no worries there I start the pessaries tomorrow morning. They hadn't told me about trying to have them close to 12hrs apart, i don't think i'll be able to do that either....unless i'm late for work....or have the evening one while i'm still at work and lie down under my desk for 1/2 an hour

Lilybaby - Thanks for the tips on injecting the clexane. I know exactly what you mean about injecting on an angle, i found that helped with the stim injections too. Great news about your follies and i have everything crossed that they will be great quality. Lets hope Friday is a lucky day for both of us

Hope everyone else is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MummyWB, thought of 1 other important tip. Pull the plunger back slightly before injecting the clexane. It makes it much easier to push the plunger down once the needle is in
    I LOL at the mental pic of you lying under your desk to do the pessaries!

YAY Lily all those months of prep and it is finally here!!! 4 IS great and in honour of the occasion I will break out my special quality over quantity mantra for you that has brought success to a few of my buddies on the 35+ thread, here goes...
    quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity, quality over quantity

I'm starting to get a little bit excited about my upcoming cycle...and the possibility it could finally make me a mama! In a weird way I feel some of the pressure is off not using my own eggs and therefore I feel like I have even less control of the outcome and it is in the hands of the fates...figure that one out! I'm sure that will all change when I'm haranging my sister to find out her E2 and follie counts during the cycle! Either way I am eternally grateful to my sis for just giving us this opportunity. It is not going to be easy for her on so many levels, especially leaving her 1 yr DS for a few days to come to Sydney, let alone the scan and bt appts, EPU etc etc. Just hoping it is a smooth and uncomplicated process for her