Closed Thread
Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jamison you crack me up I love reading your posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    loveabug - thanks baby. I still find some humour in this dreaded journey. DH used to think I was funny and now he says I am a DH. (and he does NOT mean darling husband)I am that but I find fun in being a little silly here and there. How are you travelling there my love???I hope you are okay and are about to have a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All is good in the loveabug land, just trying to find some inspiration (motivation) to unpack my brand new sewing machine and before you ask "no im not a sewer" just want to learn I love handmade goodness. well I have made a few things with my gorgeous friend instructing me but now I have learn to do it myself. had some lessons when I purchased it but I really have no Idea I pulled a few free patterns off line but now Im too tired to give it ago so maybe tomorrow will bring some motivation.
    So Ill just kick back with DD and a block of chocolate mmmmm

Hope you all have had a fantastic Saturday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison, have you left yet to take NY by storm? I have also found it really helpful to talk to others who have contemplated a different path to complete their families and to see it from another perspective. Unfortunately I don't know anyone personally who has gone down the ED route but have been able to chat online to many people about it and read a lot of stories on aussieeggdonors.com as well. In fact up until recently I didn't know anyone personally who had been through IVF to have their baby!! So that felt isolating enough!

Lily, hope the jabbing is going well! How are you feeling??

Loveabug, any sign of AF yet?

Haydos, Lilbirdy how are you ladies travelling? Hope things are resolving themselves and you can cycle again soon

AFM, not much happening on the TTC front. Still pill popping and
    DH and I a had lovely long weekend together for our wedding anniversary, including a very swanky dinner, massages and both also had the day off on Friday to just hang out together. Bliss!

Hope everyone else is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good thanks Starf1sh, just trying to enjoy the downtime, relax and lose some weight.

How're you going? Happy Anniversary! It's that time of year isn't it? Mine is this Friday.

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all going well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    September is obviously a good month to get married Haydos! It was anniversary no. 5 for us. Congratulations to you also How many years for you guys?
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 20-09-2011 at 19:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear September is a good month... Cause my wedding date is set for 21st Sept next year!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Been MIA here just trying to move on from m/c but I think I'm finally emerging from the darkness.

Lots to catch up on !

Happy Annis to those celebrating - starfish your weekend sounds like bliss !! Any idea on how long it will take to sync with sis ? I hope all is okay on that side of things.

Frostys, fab news for you, congrats !! Hope things keep humming along nicely

Welcome to Dani and also Loveabug, I haven't posted since you joined this thread. Loveabug, hope AF gets here sooooon and I'm sorry to hear about your m/c. I am in the same boat, next step is waiting again for AF. It's hard ! Dani, sounds like you've got the kitchen sink thrown at this upcoming cycle, I really hope it works !!

Jamison, you have a fellow NYC lover here. Sooooo many things to do (alot involves food as you say) and although I've been there quite a few times, still so much to discover ! My DH is making noises about going again at Xmas. Good on YOU for getting back into the gym, and yes, hope the TTC treadmill is one you don't have to stay on too much longer. I started up personal training again today & already feel better for it. On the counsellor, I had exactly the same experience as you. I actually thought the clinic counsellor was almost too sympathetic, if that makes sense. I mean, it's great that someone says 'ooooh, I'm so sorry, it must be so hard' but ultimately you want a holistic approach to this process - for me, anyway, it's not just about IVF, it's about not being at a place in my life I thought I'd be at 40+ (ie having kids) - and that's a much 'deeper' thing.

Haydos, sorry to hear the place you find yourself in and hearing the hard truth from the FS - good to take some time to think about what's next. ED is a massive step, can completely you're not ready even if you have someone as close as a sis to help out. Happy anniversary to you guys !!

Lilybaby, hope your cycle is going along ok. Very strong of you to do the detox thing, I haven't gone the whole hog but maybe I will for this last throw of the dice (or two).

Hi Tadaa, Nat and everyone else !! Sorry if I missed people!

AFM, starting to feel normal again. I bled, albeit it very light, for over 3 weeks after D&C which really got me down emotionally, had one or two meltdowns
    Anyway, the weekend I seemed to turn the corner, have started on a new diet & fitness regime & finally got to speak to FS this afternoon, although I'm a little confused.
    Originally he thought after m/c no 2, PGD (CGH) would be the way to go for recurrent miscarriage. However the pathology from my D&C showed no chromosomal abnormality, which would be the main reason for doing PGD. So... I'm producing okay embies, I've been tested for implantation issues and there's no chromosomal abnormalities. Anyway, I told him I've got one or two more cycles left in me, he said we could try prednisone (already have clexane) - we just have to decide whether to do a normal cycle or CGH. His theory on CGH is that it brings us closer to knowing one way or another in that it may eliminate embies that are no good. IE - we could go to the expense of CGH and it shows that 2-3 embies aren't any good - therefore saves us time & money on FETs that wouldn't work anyway. Kind of an a**se about way of doing things in that we're weeding out bad ones rather than looking for good ones - but at least it gets us closer to a resolution one way or another. Not sure if that makes any sense at all.

Sigh. Too many decisions. I want to be 6 years old again.

Anyway, before I sign off, a silly little story. I just heard my fur baby (a 2yo lab) playing/chewing with something on the ground. He'll drop whatever's in his mouth on command, so when I said 'leave it', I looked down and it was a tampon in its wrapper. God knows where he got it from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again girls (Jamison I'm obviously the one in the chatty mood tonight )

Lilbirdy, glad to hear you are coming out the other side I don't know if you know this but my last cycle I did in May was CGH, so I couldn't not respond. It is a really great sign that your karyotyping after D&C came back normal (mine often didn't and on 1 occasion was inconclusive i.e. 46XX so could've been my tissue or the embryo). I can't remember your exact situation but if you are getting good egg no's and consistent blasts then CGH could be a great option as you say for fast tracking identifying a healthy embie and getting you over the line (instead of doing multiple transfers). What does your FS suspect caused your mc's?

Unfortunately for me I only had 2 embies suitable for PGD and both showed abnormalities. So for that reason I'm glad I did it as I avoided a mc in that scenario. (Unfortunately due to Murphy's Law I fell pg naturally the following month but that ended in mc anyway ) Good luck with your decision making

P.s Love the story about your furbaby chasing 'mice'!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 20-09-2011 at 21:10. Reason: add info

Thanks
    Reviews
    just a quick post AF finally arrived so now just got to wait for my next AF then FET im excited but im also freaking out