Closed Thread
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    haydos - I am so sorry and nothing I say will make it any better. I think your DH is right though. A break can be a blessing. I hope you are okay and my thoughts are with you.

loveabug - welcome. I am sure you will find much support and comfort here! Best of luckl and may that journey end ASAP!!

Star - I tried the clinic's counsellor once or twice but I sought counselling outside of the clinic in the end. No disrespect to the clinic, but I am finding this new counsellor alot more beneficial as she covers everything and not just the IVF feelings. It is actually working out to be very cheap too as the government funds most of it. If you are interested, PM me and I will give you more details. It was probably the best move I made mentally speaking.

Hope everyone else is well.

XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    so I really really want to do a FET just reading and catching up with ladies I have cycled with on other threads and reading their happy news just makes me want to go ahead but 1st AF after M/C hasnt arrived yet then we decided to take alittle break man o man waiting sux big time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison, thanks hun. I saw one of the clinic counsellors after MC no. 1 a few times and didn't find it that helpful. We saw another 1 for the ED stuff and she was lovely and got the job done but it also wasn't especially in depth. I do have someone privately that I see on and off when I feel like I need some perspective and she's awesome. I'm really glad you have also found someone you really like. I think of them as just another part of my 'team' like my FS, acupuncturist, TCM lady etc etc. Have you given any further thought to PGD with your frosties or what your next cycle might be? (Also ok just to be still for a while and regroup!)

Haydos,

Ah yes Loveabug, the waiting! It will be 6 months between cycles for me this time around and the wait the cycle before that was also 6 months...both times mostly waiting for MC's to resolve So I feel your pain! And yes it is hard when it feels like everyone on your thread is cycling Hope AF turns up soon

Like I said October is looking like a good month for the LTIVFWW's!! I think it might be you, me , Lilybaby, perhaps Mummywannabee? Anyone else planning a cycle soon?

C'mon girls I really want to see some LT'ers finally get off the bloody rollercoaster and start a chain reaction here!!!!!!!

Frosty, I'm so hoping it's gonna be you!

AFM, AF arrived! Pill popping from tomorrow to synchronise cycles with my sister.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 08-09-2011 at 18:07. Reason: poor spelling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    star - you are right about them being a part of your "team". The counsellors that is. I needed it BIG time. I could not face it on my own anymore. Regarding PGD etc, I really have only had fleeting thoughts and I am feeling a little uneasy about getting into the conversation with DH about the next step as he thinks I should sit back for a while. I am starting to ponder it though but I think it's a way off yet. When my parents ask me about it, I change the subject so I guess that means I am not ready. I am off to New York for work again in two weeks and I really think that will help to clear my head as it worked wonders for me last time. I had a week alone to think about things rationally and I came back a new person. I am looking forward to that time alone again. Maybe I am thick, but what is a TCM lady? Hope you are feeling well and have a great weekend. Go and treat yourself to something nice I say.

I too hope some of the LTers get off this rollercoaster ASAP!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    loveabug - yes the waiting can be horrendous at times. I just try and think about something else (easier said than done) .I can only TRY. I am not saying it works A little break is a good thing sometimes though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison, TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine ) Have given it up for upcoming cycle though having spent a small fortune on TCM and acu in the past. I will definitely have acu for the transfer just not every week like both DH and I were doing. I'm sure both of these people have had a hand in our natural BFP's (and probably DHEA and a dash of luck! ) but I'm at the point with sis's eggs where they are either going to have the goods or not.

Take as much time out as you need hun, obviously your ambivalence is telling you something and you will know when you are ready to get back on the treadmill and what the right plan will be Sooooo jealous re: NY!! It is still one destination that has eluded me but is definitely on my list. A week there sounds like heaven (even if it is for work) Fortunately (or unfortunately for the bank balance) I am very good at treating myself! Not unusual for me to buy myself a fab new pair of shoes or something I couldn't wear pg or with a new bub after I've had a disappointment. Do you get a chance to shop while you're in NY? I reckon YOU deserve something new and smoking hotl!

Frosty, saw your news on the Brissie thread Your no's look INCREDIBLE!!! Let this be the one that get's you off the rollercoaster! Will be watching closely and cheering you on The LT'ers need a pin up girl!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    I've been reading but haven't been up to replying lately. Had an FS app last week where he told us it would be ok if we retired honourably, or if we decide to keep going for a bit longer or use an egg doner, or go to an FS with different treatment that may work but hadn't been as proven. Which I knew he would say eventually but I really didn't want to hear it. I want to be in my bubble where it's just a matter of persistence and we will eventually get there.
    My sister has volunteered to be an ED if we need it but I'm nowhere near ready emotionally to consider that. I so desperately want to believe that we can get there on our own

Frostysmum how is your TWW going? Just read Starf1sh's post re your numbers, that's sounding promising???

Welcome Loveabug. While it's great to have so much support on here, it's horrible that so many are going through so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    star - oh yes yes yes I make time for personal shopping when I am overseas, especially NY. You should make a point to get there one day. It is FABULOUS!!! I could live there with no problem whatsoever. Last time I bought ALOT. I also make time for red velvet cake. It is delicious and I am not a cake person. I also make time for a HUGE slice (Or three) of NY pizza. SO much better than here. Sounds like you are just like me and have a tendancy to "treat" yourself. Shoes help I have to say. I am just the same in that I buy myself something I could not wear if pregnant. It can soften the blow for two minutes at least!!

TCM....well I have been there done that and so far have not had luck with it but I tend to believe in it as I had a bad cold for three weeks and no amount of Western meds helped. I started taking some Chinese medicine and the difference was surreal. My boss bought me a variety of TCMs and they helped within a day so there is something to be said for alterantive medicine.

I wish you the best of luck with your sister. I had THAT conversation with my own sister today and while she has offered to help before, I was hesitant until now. A few others have offered to help but I feel I should try my sister first. I really hope everything works out for you. I think about you quite often.

I hope to return and hear some great news on this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    loveabug-I'm so sorry to here of your M/c ... Hopefully your AF will show shortly and you can get straight back into it.. I was the same i counted down the days and couldn't think of anything else..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies i hope you don't mind me joining, I'm really not sure where I'm suppose to be a little lost at the moment with the whole IVF thing ... nervous about my new injections and angry that i have been wasting my money and time on transfers that had no chance of implanting on FET's... But not to worry hopefully this one will work but unfortunately it is not the best embie all my others where really good. I feel i will be onto my next full cycle next month :-( deep breaths as we go again!!!!!

I was reading this thread at the end of my last cycle and stopped for a while and now it is hugh, i will go back and take a while to catch up....
    Last edited by danii; 11-09-2011 at 19:56.