View Poll Results: Are you afraid of labour?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, mine have been okay

28 35.44%
  • Yes, I am absolutely terrified but hope I can cope

15 18.99%
  • Yes, but I know it has to be done and have coped in the past

16 20.25%
  • Yes, so much that I've asked for an elective Ceasar

4 5.06%
  • Other

16 20.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have enjoyed both of my labours. Both natural, completely drug and intervention free wonderful experiences.
    I felt so powerful, in awe of my body and what it could do. I actually think that my birthing experiences helped me to overcome my body issues.
    The idea of doing it again does definitely give me a slight edge of apprehension, but the thrill of (maybe) doing it again is exhilarating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I'm not a great fan of birth eek. I have had two good natural births. No complications, no desire to use pain releif either really.. it just isn't something I think would help me get through.. and I'm scared of side effects!! but I find it pretty damn awful in those final minutes of pushing. Hate it. If there was a way to JUST numb my Gina for about ten minutes that would be awesome. Someone should invent that please.
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was scared of labor after my first birth because of the speed at which she arrived and the pain of crowning.

With my second I had an epidural which made all the difference and more. It made it a 5 star birth and took away that fear of pain and being out of control. If I ever was to have a third I think I'd be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No labour doesn't scare me!! My first was 4.5hrs start to finish. I was induced which took 4 days to dilate me 1cm and after that it was with no pain relief or intervention etc. This time around I'm apprehensive - I had such a good experience first time around I don't want anything else this time around.

What does scare me is having to have an epi and/or a csection literally scares the pants off me lol

What will be will be - I'm a strong person so I know I can cope as long as bubs is AOK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    well... to recap now post baby.... about an hour after katelyn was born I announced I would never. ever. ever. have another baby. I wouldn't let the passage of time fade the memory enough that I would do THAT again ...

.... 3 months later... hmmm... ah it wasn't THAT bad. lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope not at all afraid, I birth without fear

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time round, I was terrified of the pain of labour.

This time round, I really want to try for a drug & intervention free labour (was induced and had an epidural with DD) so no, I'm not afraid labour.

I need to go into this feeling confident and positive, and though I know it will hurt like hell, I'm looking forward to getting the birth I want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was not afraid of labour when I was pregnant with DS. I wanted to experience childbirth, and live that amazing moment when your baby comes out and you get to hold it on your chest and be amazed at the wonder of holding your baby for the first time.

Instead, I had an emergency CS at 31wks and didn't see my baby for the first time until hours later. I was cut in such a fashion that I have been told I can never have a vb. And I felt pain during the procedure (obviously I wasn't numbed enough)!

So I guess I can't be scared of childbirth now that I won't be able to experience a vb, but I will be a bit scared if/when I have another child because I do not want to feel actual pain during the CS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    While pregnant i wasnt scared of labour at all, what i was petrified of was a c-sect. When I was told i might need a c-sect because i had GD i cried and cried.

Fast forward and yep, i ended up having an emergency c-section but i was in the moment and it was wonderful. I felt fantastic afterwards with minimal pain and now that i've had this awesome c-section experience i am now petrified of labour and natural birth!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im terrified. 4 weeks 4 days till Im due. Freaking out! (3rd time too)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub