View Poll Results: Are you afraid of labour?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, mine have been okay

28 35.44%
  • Yes, I am absolutely terrified but hope I can cope

15 18.99%
  • Yes, but I know it has to be done and have coped in the past

16 20.25%
  • Yes, so much that I've asked for an elective Ceasar

4 5.06%
  • Other

16 20.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    yes!! i had a horrible labor with DS that when I went to be induced with DD i was petrified, everyone told me it would be ok, but sadly it wasnt nice either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I need another option- "NO, I love giving birth and I'd do it all the time but I don't want to end up with that many children!!"
    Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennibear View Post
    Some people say they werent as scared with 2nd, 3rd, 4th pregnancys cos they know what to expect, but i was MORE scared cos i knew!!

Labour is a GREAT word for it...it will be the hardest thing you've EVER had to do in your life but look at what you get out of it!!!
    That's me, Jennibear!

And my Mum has always pointed out that she felt really down after hysterectomy because at least after all of her 9 babies she had something to show for them, whereas the hyst. was the same kind of pain for nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I need another option- "NO, I love giving birth and I'd do it all the time but I don't want to end up with that many children!!"
    I don't know how you do it, CMF! But you must be pretty special!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am terribly fearful of labour. I have tokophobia. It took me a life time and 8 years of marriage to overcome this. Had my 1st baby delivered recently. Delivery was smooth and expedient -- 5 hours in the labour ward without epidural but had spinal block. All was well until... post labour complications 12 days later! A huge piece of placental fragment fell out from me while I was a home! Bloody... and was bleeding profusely! Painful too! I am traumatised by this since. Still trying hard to get over this. Very angry at my doctor for his carelessness...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i voted other im not scared of the labour but more the birth and tearing or being cut or bub getting stuck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not in the slightest. I can't wait!! I loove labour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    For me I swing between excited about the idea of having a natural birth, afraid something might go wrong that means I won't be able to have a natural birth and terrified of delivering vaginally and I just wanna throw the towel in early and ask for a repeat c-section.

I read ima mays guide to child birth, just a few random pages a day, as I've read the whole thing through a few times, so i use it like a 'wisdom book' and sometimes it makes me think 'yeah - yeah! I can totally do that' and others I think holy crap something the size of Jasper at birth is gonna come out of my vagina (possibly with a giant head like Jasper) if I'm LUCKY. best case scenario is still terrifying!!!

I really do wish this baby could just astral project itself earth side!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was after previous birth trauma but not anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had an awful labour with my first, I wrote about it on here - that is how I joined BH in the first place, i needed somewhere to come where people knew what I was going on about. Medical mistakes were made, 68 hours of inducement lots of other stuff, took about 4 months for me to recover from my injuries.

I was so scared of doing it again that I chose an elective csection last time rather than try a vbac. Didn't bleedin help - got a massive infection afterwards and was really ill, 31 courses of antibiotics and lost 17kg. Couldn't do anything for about 3 months. Urgh.
    Basically now, I am scared of all forms of birth! I can safely say I will never do it again. Ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. I sort of enjoyed it : / I had a pretty textbook 11 hour first labour from start to finish, starting with my waters breaking then straight into it from there. I was laughing and posing for pics during the pushing stage but unfortunately 2 hours later DS's head was positioned funny and just wouldn't come out. I ended up with a c- section but it wasn't traumatic or anything. DS was never in any kind of distress. I was disappointed but I was happy to have experienced labour drug free and look forward to trying for a VBAC. What worries me most is that my first baby was born in Holland under midwife care (until the end) but if I have the next baby in Aus, I won't know the system and I'm afraid of having to fight for a VBAC. Also last time I could not lay down so I'm worried I'll be forced to with monitoring and then struggle with the pain.

I think I'm way more afraid of the lack of sleep in the first year after a new baby. My DS was a terrible sleeper for a long while and it turned me off having two close together. He sleeps great most of the time but is still not keen on going to bed. Labour is the easy bit (for me)