+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hello lovely ladies!!

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas break and has a Happy New Year!!

Magic-How is the packing going? I bet you and DH are super busy! How much longer until you move?

Chic-So glad to hear you have had no more bleeding!! Yay! And hooray for hearing a heartbeat! Sounds like your little one is hanging in tight!!!! So pleased for you.

Lisa-Cooper is just gorgeous. Glad his skin has cleared up. Sounds like you had a lovely first Christmas with him.

Pink-Glad to hear the move went well. Sounds like you are keeping busy setting up for bub! Not long to go for you now!!!!! So exciting that we will be meeting our babies soon!!!!

Tin-Sorry to hear your family are making insensitive comments. TTC is hard enough without that added pressure from family and friends.

MrsT-Sorry about the negative BT. I hope AF arrives soon so you can start with a fresh cycle in the new year.

all you other lovely ladies. I hope all is well.

AFM-38 weeks today! So close to meeting our little man. We have a new date booked for the c-section as I now have to go to the public hospital. I am too high risk due to my placenta praevia and the ICU recently shut down at the private where I was going to deliver. Thankfully I'll be under the care of my ob at the public. DH has been home since Christmas which is lovely and will be home until mid February so plenty of time for him to help me and to bond with baby. Getting very excited, but nervous. It's still quite surreal to think that I will be holding a little baby in my arms soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mrs tuliawa- thanks! Wow you have very busy month coming up!

Tin- sorry to hear your grandmother is giving you a hard time. This journey is hard enough without that!

Chic- how did your tests go? Oh that is sioooo exciting hearing the heart beat. There isn't a better sound in the world! So glad the bleeding has stopped.

Summa- just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world as I am guessing The date is very soon. I can't wait to hear your good news and see some pics of your lovely lil man!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lovepink For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (02-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wow summa so close!! AF arrived 5 days ago, so back to the drawing board for me and hopefully this cycle isn't so long!! realistically i don't think i'll be able to start trying until feb, joining my DH in fiji on 28 jan

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

I'm sorry I have been absent - I will explain more later but again, I'll be endeavouring to be more frequent but firstly I just wanted to thank everyone for their support over the last couple of months xxxxx

Summa - Oh my gosh!! How exciting that you'll have bubs here soon! I'm sorry to hear you haven't had the smoothest ride (with the placenta previa) but I wish you all the best for your c-section... please post some photos as soon as you can!!

Chic - I am SO SO SO SO glad to hear everything is still on track! Everything is crossed for you that it continues this way for the next 32 weeks love - please keep us updated! xxx

Tin - Just ignore gran. I know how hurtful it can be - I was having friends asking if I was pregnant on facebook! You just feel like replying STFU!!! Enjoy your road trip over the holidays - some girly time is always a nice tune out.

Lovepink - YAY!! Just like summa this has all come around so quickly!! You sound prepared & ready to go Are you on Mat Leave now??

Mrs T - Sorry to hear December didn't bring you a BFP xxx Hopefully 2012 will be lucky for you!

Lisa - Hope you had a great first christmas with baby Cooper! His photo is so cute, his little arms with his baby pudge! He has the most adorable little face xxxx How have you been going? Are you joining a mothers group?

Magic - I must say I have missed reading your posts, you have the funniest sense of humour!! How is everything going with the move?? Such an arduous process, but its actually great to go through all the cr*p we all accumulate over the years & do a big clean! Has everything finally worked out with your hubbys work/LSL situation??

Silent - Sorry to hear things didn't work out with that guy but I must say, after reading the previous post, I didn't have high hopes for the relationship - I don't think I've ever heard of a bed buddy situation working out. The real kicker of finally finding the right person is that when you FINALLY understand the dating game and how guys work, its no longer useful because you've already found the right person. You're still so young so in the meantime enjoy the company of your girlfriends and focus on yourself & the things you want to achieve in life - the right guy will come along when the time is right

Angel - How have you been going?! How is everything with bubs?

Hello to Tin, Mylittlefamily, and anyone else I missed.

AFM - again, my apologies for not being the best bubhubber I have literally been run off my feet with a lot of travel & work since the start of december. At the start it was all becoming too much with the unsuccessful IVF however now I feel a lot better for it. Things weren't great at the start, I was just so disappointing but I felt like I got to a stage where I was just so sick of being upset!!! I have since moved on and feel much better for it. Its not everything I think about everday now so I feel ready to have another go with our two snow babies. We have our follow up appointment with the FS on the 17th of Jan (AGES because I was away, working and then she was away on leave) so while I'm hoping to get some answers (primarily about the low fertility rate) I'm not expecting anything... It worked out that only 20% came to embryos.... maybe thats not a bad result?? I dont know. But we probably wont do a FET until april as JAN/FEB/MAR are going to be super busy, so in the meantime we'll just keep trying the old fashioned way

Hope everyone is having a safe, happy & fun holiday season xxxxxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkymonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    well you sound like you have been insanely busy!! i hope all goes well with the FS.
    i didnt have my hopes too high for a BFP, hoping to be able to start TTC properly when i join DH later in the month in the meantime i'll be keeping myself busy with packing and such!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello ladiesHope you all had a lovely New Year.

Summa, So glad the whole thing got sorted out with the public hospital. It sucks that you had to change your plans, I can imagine it must be very frustrating to have so many changes so close to giving birth, but ultimately, your health is more important and you need to make sure that you are in the best care possible. I wish you the best with the delivery, can't wait to see pictures of your little man!!

Lovepink, THanks hun, I'll give some details below. How are you doing?

CHunky, I'm glad you're in a better place now, all this takes time but you get there eventually. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and if you need any help or advice, don't hesitate to ask, there are a few of us here who've been through it.

MrsT, Fiji sounds fun!!! enjoy your holiday and I hope you get a nice surprise along the way...

Magic, How's everything?

tin, Family (and friends) can be very insensitive sometimes. Try ignoring them (I know, easier said than done).

Bubba, where are you??? haven't heard from you in a while, I hope you're ok.

Hi Nocturne, spanna, silent, and anyone else I've missed.

AFM, I had the big BT done today, and then struggled to get my bladder going for a urine sample. I spent an hour drinking 7 cups of water, before I could give them a decent sample I thought it would never happen, I was so annoyed! I had to be fasting for the BT so hadn't had anything to drink in the morning... Anyways, I hope all is ok but won't get the results till next week, hopefully before I go back to the dr. All is well otherwise, no bleeding in the last 10 days, but nausea isn't as strong as before, but still definitely there. I'm guessing my symptoms are getting less and less, I hope that's ok at this stage. I'm 9wk1d!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chicparis For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!!

Sorry i have been MIA lately...

Chic - My symptoms started easing around 9 weeks too.. i know it doesn't help hearing it ( i remember thinking it myself when others were telling me) It has something to do with the bubs being more dependent on placenta so hormones don't bother you as much?? Do you have a scan coming up soon to ease the uncertainty?

Summa - What a painful experience with having to change hospitals... so glad to hear that you have it all under control now! Not long to go now...how exciting!

Lovepink - Not long to go now! Are you organised? Did you get that hospital bag packed!

Chunky - Im sorry to hear that you've been having a tough time... i can't say i know much about IVF but have had a few friends who have been through the emotional roller coaster that it is.. and i can tell you that's it seems normal to be over it and disappointed! As easy as it is to say this, just focus on the end product the reason why you're going through it all.. if not for any other reason it will put a smile on your face for a short while as you visualise your little bubs in your arms! In the meantime... enjoy the old fashioned way! I've lost my mojo for it, and am hoping it comes back soon!

MrsT - Fiji!? So jealous!!! Have a fab time.. here's hoping that 2012 and a little trip brings a little surprise!

Magic - Where are you up to with moving and DH new job and LSL?

Tin - Family can surely be the pits at times! We went through a similar time that i ended up posting on Facebook a funny status update that went something like this: We are EXPECTING! We are so excited to let you know that over the next few days Melbourne's weather is finally going to bring us some sunshine... That's right people we're expected <insert weather for the next few days)... that shut a few people up! Have fun on your road trip! Might just be the break you need!!

Lisa - How was Cooper's first Christmas? Hope you have enough room for all the pressies he would have been spoiled with!!

Silent, Nocturne, Bubba, Spanna - haven't heard from you in awhile... hope all is well??

AFM - We had a bit of a fright a few weeks back...results came back from my 10 week bloods which showed that i was a carrier of Thelassemia (not enough iron in the blood) can be an issue if both parents are carriers as then bubs has a 25% chance of having thelassemia major (which i didn't research much into.) Anyway DP had the blood test and he's not a carrier.. instead though it appears he may have Hemachromotosis - which is the opposite of me.. too much iron in the blood! lol So seems that our baby has a 50% chance of being "normal" lol

We had our 12 week scan just after Christmas.. all went well except the sonographer was cold and we felt like we were taking up her time! Everything she said was so scripted and quick.. we felt like we didn't get a good look.. i wanted to yell at her and tell her it's my first baby not by 4th! lol Bubs was bouncing around all over the place and heartbeat was at 150bpm.. The photos the sonographer took weren't too clear and we couldn't get a look at the nub (we were hoping to take a little guess at the gender).. bubs was being stubborn and had legs crossed and then when legs were uncrossed the cord was stuck between them! I'm thinking we're having a modest baby! Now we will wait until Feb for the Morph scan to get the gender... oh and one other crappy thing... the DVD didn't work when we got home.. so we are now waiting for it to be sent in the mail!!

12 weeks.jpg

On a positive note we have been enjoying the hot melbourne summer...spending lots of time in the water..and even managed to buy bubs a little life jacket on special! Saved $60 (anaconda had 60% off) We've also started painting the nursery...we've gone with plain stark white and will add colour through the wall decal and soft furnishings once we know the gender! Still on holidays from work until the 12th Jan... so lots more time to rest!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angelski For This Useful Post:

chicparis  (03-01-2012),Chunkymonkey  (04-01-2012),MagicMud  (04-01-2012),summastarlet  (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year to all you crazy kids!

Angel - Thanks for sharing your pic of bubs, but sorry to hear that the sonographer was a ****! Scary about the blood tests... fingers crossed that bubs won't be affected by it.
    LSL is all sorted out now, DH decided to stay with the company he is with and we'll be taking his LSL this July (and the entire 3 months too!).

Chic
    - Oh no, stage fright! Why on earth would they make you give a urine sample straight after a BT you had to fast for?
    Super glad to hear you've had no bleeding for the last 10 days! Are you still on bed rest?

Chunky - Glad to hear you are feeling better. It's funny how getting fed up with feeling upset can change your attitude/outlook - I guess it's like a survival mechanism. GET OUT! *slams door*
    Best of luck with your FS appointment, I hope you are able to get the answers you are looking for.
    Thanks for missing me! I've been a tad busy with all things house related. Everything is going along ok at the moment. And the LSL is all sorted out and as mentioned above, we'll be taking the 13weeks off starting this July! YAY!

Mrs T - Oooo Fiji? Bring on the coconut bikini and grass skirt! Sorry to hear AF arrived, that's a bummer.

Summa - We are officially moving on the 23rd-ish of January, but settlement is on the 13th Jan, so we'll be carting some stuff down ourselves from then on.
    Am so excited for you! Bubs will be here before you know it! Can't wait to see pics of your little guy!!!!

Tin - Pfffft, silly grandma making comments! No one really understands how upsetting that is! Traveling sounds good. I vote Alaska! I'd love to go there!

Pink - WEEEEEET! 6 weeks to go! Good luck with unpacking. Can't wait til I'm at that stage. I love to throw all the paper from the packing boxes into the hallway and dive into it.

Lisa - Awwww little Cooper looks so cute wearing his little christmas shirt!

Hello everyone else!

AFM - DH had the 10 days off over christmas, and we spent everyday working on the house. AF arrived on New years day night, so a big ol' boo for that!
    As mentioned above, settlement is on Jan 13th, so we'll start moving a few things down then, but we're not officially moving until the 23rd. Feels like it is taking forever!
    I have too much stuff! I don't wanna pack no mo!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicMud For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah i'm pretty excited for fiji magic!! going for 3 - 6 months, should be fantastic!!
    packing and moving certainly sucks i hope the settlement goes smoothly!! i've just gotten off the phone to my mum who is selling her house (settlement is in early feb) and she's been complaining about the packing too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chunky, I hope everything goes great for your next IVF attempt. I can tell you I have everything crossed for you! And thanks for your kind words. Looking back I knew it could never work, but still hurts, you know? Onto better things now!

Summa, good luck! it's soo soon!

Angel, what a cute bub you have there! Sorry the sonographer was rude.

Magic, how exciting to move! Even if it is a huge pain in the bum!

Hi to everyone else!

Not much happening in my world. Just battling some inner demons and trying to rise above.

Take care <3

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMummy For This Useful Post:

Chunkymonkey  (07-01-2012),summastarlet  (05-01-2012)