+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow.. it's all happening in here! Time for some personals, i feel like it's been a long time since i was here....

Lisa80 - Huge belated congratulations on the news of Cooper's arrival!! Hope everything at home is settling well!! Cooper looks divine! He has just gorgeous skin and lips!!!

Chunky - Fingers crossed that your 4 growing embies make it to the freezer! May the TWW fly for you! 9 Days til testing!

SilentRockFaery - 1 assignment is very exciting.. i'm in the same position! My last one is due next Friday... all 6000 words of it! eek!!!

MagicMud - What a pain with the LSL.. at least you know that the new employer is reasonable... if they're waiting patiently already... that or they are SUPER keen to have your hubby.. that's a great confidence boost on it's own! Hope the blood test went well!?

Summa
    - How exciting to have your date already... i'm sure everyone around you is crazy for the date! hehe...

Chicparis - for you in the TWW...

Pink - congrats on the blue news!!! Are you planning on doing lots of shopping now?

AFM - i went and had the first blood test for HCG levels today... and planning on getting the second one on Monday.. this means i will get results more than likely on Friday and then Wednesday... Wednesday will be 6w5d which is when we miscarried last time, so will be a nice little relaxant! The last few days i have had a few bouts of diarrhea (sorry for TMI) - it tends to be at the end of the day...i did the silly thing of googling it.. and found one website which said it was a sign of miscarriage.. but then thankfully i found many threads of lots of women complaining about the same thing! I think that this is the underlying reason why i went to do blood tests for some form of positive reinforcement.. OMG i'm mental!!! Send in the psychologists! haha.. oh and while i'm confessing... i'm still doing a HPT every week!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angelski For This Useful Post:

Chunkymonkey  (17-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Summa- yep had the glucose test and it is all fine- just really low in iron so am taking iron tablets. Hope your back is feeling better!

Chic- hope it all went really well today. It is going to work this time!!! And wow if you end up with three! Instant family!

Magic- how is that fence looking????

Angel- don't worry about stressing i was still doing hpt's daily!!!!! Try not to google- it stresses you out lol I had to ban myself!!!!

AFM- OMG today at lunch i went to go to the toilet and there was a few centimetres of water on the floor that i didn't see. I went ar*e over head and THANK GOD i landed on my bum because i had no control as my feet were in the air. It totally freaked me though- if bubby wasn't kicking i would have gone to the doc. I think i will have a massive bruise though- its hard to walk already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pink - OMG hun! Hope your poor bum isn't broken! That would have been soooo scary! Good thing bubs is letting you know he's ok in there.
    Hope you've been resting your ba-doonka-doonk.
    Fence is looking great!

Angel
    - Yes very lucky that DH's potential new boss is very patient. And yes he does want DH badly, I've eavesdropped on some phone conversations and I can almost hear him air-humping the phone! `
    Don't worry about doing hpts! It's not shameful! I fully intend on doing a minimum of 4 hpts per day when I get a bfp.... just purely to make up for all the negatives.. (gotta shift that darn ratio!)
    Good luck with your BTs, I hope they bring you some peace of mind.

AFM - Fence is up and fineeto! It turned out really good, except for one bugger up which I wasn't happy about. But the guys weren't tradies, just handy men, and taking that into account, I think they did a great job overall! Plus they didn't mind me bossing them around all day.

I completely forgot to ring up about my BT results! Been flat out, must do that tomorrow.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    just a quick one from me, what a day I've had!! First my FS called to tell me he had an emergency and wouldn't be doing the transfer but his colleague would. Then, they made us wait about 3 and a half hours for our turn as they were running late and there were about 8-10 transfers going on today! When we finally had our turn, the FS told us that out of our last 3embies, only one had made the thaw but with just under 30% loss of cells (was frozen at 7cells and came out with only 5cells) but anything up to 50% loss they'll still transfer. Needless to say, when I heard that I broke down...The rest of the procedure was a bit of a haze for me, was not paying attention at all.
    We'd been so hopeful that something good would happen this cycle, but I feel like all my hopes just got shattered. I also feel that I am going through the hurdle of the clexane injections for nothing...

I know I always tell fellow IVFers that it only takes one, and even the crappiest embies still turn into beautiful babies, but right now, I just feel low. It's the first time in 6 transfers that I feel this way...

Sorry for the downer

PS: Summa, my first clexane went smoothly, although I was terribly nervous. It stung first and then became a dull ache for a few minutes. But otherwise ok. Let's hope they are all like this. 1 down, 13 more to go (for now anyways)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awww chic I'm so sorry you are feeling so miserable with everything. It really isn't fair! I can't believe that you had to wait 3.5 hours for transfer! That's crazy. Sounds like you've had a very emotionally tiresome day.
    But good work with the clexane injections, they definitely don't sound pleasant at all!

AFM - I got my BT results. AMH is at 18.9 (was 13.5 in july last year) What the heck? It's gone up... is that even possible?????

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicMud For This Useful Post:

chicparis  (17-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chic - BIG HUGS to you xxxx I'm sorry this wasn't the best experience for you. No matter what happens, you have all of our support and we're all wishing & hoping for a good result from your FET Are you able to have some time out to relax and take care of yourself? Well done on the first clexane injection! It doesn't sound fun Thats really interesting isn't it about the rest vs no rest... I'm not sure how it all works, its still a mystery to me!!

Magic - Yay! Thats great news then!! Were you happy with that? I've been taking it pretty easy but I feel normal so its hard not to go about things as I would normally! TRYING to be good though

Lovepink - YAY! Another little dude! Thats now three in a row right? Lisa, Summa & yourself?? They say boys are more common than girls with IVF though dont they. Hows your bruise going you poor thing!! That would have been a shock to take a tumble, glad you're ok

Summa - HOORAH!! Hopefully the embie stays real snug

Angel - I think I've caught your addiction... DYING to test!!! Fingers are still crossed for a smooth 6 weeks for you (and the rest!).

AFM - As per my signature, only 2 of the 4 leftover embryo's made it to freezing... its better than none I guess but I'm still hoping I won't need them for a while! Looking forward to the weekend. Hubby and I are planning a holiday next month before christmas so I'm looking forward to getting away.... just time is going so SLOWLY!!!!! Now for a VENT! I'm so glad I stuck to this thread & didn't go over to the IVF threads - I put a post in the Tips to New IVFer's basically saying that I found parts of that thread to be negative (due to people saying Don't think its going to happen first go) and put a link to a different thread that I found really positive as it lists all success stories (Many first timers!). I understand they were trying to not get people hopes up in case it didn't work - thats their reasoning behind it - but my view is that generally by the time people are starting their first IVF cycle, they've already heard a whole heap of "no's" & negatives, WHY add another one before they're even started! People aren't stupid, they know its not 100%, i really felt it could have gone without saying. But now my new tip to New IVFers - don't post an opposing opinion in the IVF thread! The response from previous posters took me by suprise - apparently in their eyes because I don't agree - I didn't 'understand'. What irked me more is that they could see that I'm in the TWW after IVF (from my signature) and they felt their right to set me straight obviously overrides what I'm going through right now. Real nice. Thank god for you girls who are supportive & really positive

I better duck for cover in case they try to get me here!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Chunky, I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience in the IVF forums. Personally I've found most of them quite supportive but I guess there are always some people who are negative and bring everyone down with them. I know even I sometimes feel like being the realistic one and telling someone the whole truth but I know that most of the time, women need support rather than negativity (unless they really ask for the truth and nothing but the truth!)
    This thread is still the one I feel at home in, i also like the fact that some of us already "know" each other for a while, we've shared a lot together, whereas in the IVF threads I find there are new people the whole time and it's so difficult to keep track. But I think if you have a specific question, more medically related, then it's a great source of info.

Magic, on what scale is your AMH result, do you know? Because there are 2 scales( pmol/L and ng/ml). If it's the pmol/L scale then it is a very normal result and a very good one too!

Thanks for your support ladies, I'm feeling a lot better today. Taking it easy and just relaxing around the house. DH is ever so nice and helpful (as usual really) and even though he was also upset yesterday, he refuses to be negative and doesn't stop reminding me that we have a fighter in there! Bless him, don't know what I would do without him, he really is my rock!

So here's to all our men in our lives, who may not always express themselves like we do but still, quietly, go through the same emotions and feelings as we do! Cheers!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chicparis For This Useful Post:

Chunkymonkey  (18-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh, I really do sound positive today

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad hubby is looking after you Chic - sounds like he's being a real sweetie and a great support for you

Ahh look at me whinging, doesn't matter, there are more important things...

6dp2dt...... time is going super slowwwwwwwwwwwwly.....

I buckled and did a HPT this morning... negative (not surprising)... Angel you're putting naughty ideas in my head with all the testing!! lol!

Nevermind... I might wait til Wednesday til I do it again... I just thought maybe as I'm so tired but that can be the Crinone I think also....

waiting....waiting.... waiting...

Hope everyone is well - weekend here we come woohoo!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya ladies,

Just over 2 weeks since we moved in. All awesome on that front. Lots of other dramas with banks, agents, companies. Shocking! We've been so stressed we didn't even DTD which sucks. CD2 today. Another chance.

Tin.