+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey All,

Angel – Your DH sounds like a busy one doing work around the house. Is he an electrician? Because of doing the down lights etc. It must be real frustrating knowing you are fertile & you can’t even try this cycle. I hate it when we have to wait. Unfortunately IVF is full of waiting.
    The OPK you have I would say is negative.(But that’s in the picture) If it was the same darkness of the control line in the time frame I would say it is positive. It looks pretty dark though. Was it the same as the control line in the time frame?

Pink – A little baby boy.. So exciting… Congratulations again.. Now its time for spending. I don’t know what a medicated or non medicated FET is. Im on Clomid from Day5-9 & then they trigger for ovulation. Is that medicated?

Sazra – Im hearing you about work. Its really frustrating me to. I have had a few promotions at my work & this isn’t what I want. I want a baby instead. Seems every year that passes with no baby I get rewarded with a pay rise. Im grateful but I want our baby..

Summa – We ended up going to Bali for our holiday. We loved it. We are definetly going back. I think our FET will be the 1st week of October. If my body behaves..

Magic – It seems like you guys are spending money all over the place. Now it’s the termites… You cant catch a break can you. What CD are you for your OPK to be faint? I get so frustrated with them but I still do them..

Silent – Is it a HPT?

AFM – Started Clomid Yesterday. My ultrasound is on CD12 next Thursday. I asked the FN to ask our FS to go on Progesterone for this TWW. It just seems like im doing the same thing over & over again with no results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Magicmud - Termites? What is going on! Have they done any substantial damage or have you found them at a good time... is the $1100 just to get rid of the termites? Hopefully you don't have to spend any extra $$ replacing/strengthening the deck!!!

Chubby Bunny
    - How are you going? Any more symptoms to report??
    Bubbalove - DP isn't an electrician he's just handy... he gets most of the work done and then we call in the professionals to finish it off... in the case of the downlights he's getting in the roof finding where all the studs are, cutting the hole and placing the downlights in, then the sparky just has to do the wiring. Saves a fortune! We were originally told $55-$60 per light...doing it this way we just pay an hourly rate... at worst 2 hours worth of work for the sparky, so should only cost about $150 as opposed to $600-$800 if they did all the messing around in the roof!

AFM - OK feeling foolish... yes i am a blonde... i didn't read the instructions for the OPK's was just going by my own thoughts on how they worked! lol.. I thought that as long as the line was kind of dark it meant i was Oing... and seeing as tho a couple of days earlier it was really faint and because of the EWCM i just assumed that it must have meant it was positive (a little embarrassed now.) Having done another one last night which was very faint... confuses me even more? Do OPK's usually get darker as you're closer to Oing.. I know i might be an abnormal case because of the m/c but usually is that what happens? What would it mean if it got darker and then the next day went light again.. does that mean Oing happened overnight or that it didn't happen at all?

I feel like i need to get a degree to understand Conceiving! This is harder than the studying im doing now!!!!

On a happier note....it's Friday! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!! DP and i are going to head to the local cloth nappy and natural product expo... we were planning to go when we were UTD and i thought we were silly to be going now, but DP thinks we should still go as it's information we will need in a few months time when UTD again... i love his optimism!

On a side note (exciting for me) 4 nights and then Gall Bladder free!!!!

A

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup. It's a hpt.

I'm recently single, and the last time my ex and I dtd was on July 30.

Help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Silent... i thought that that may have been the case with your partner... must be an awful shock but at the same time some excitement underneath all the concern.

I can appreciate the element of worry that you may have, but at the same time, i have seen many friends be single parents from early conception days... and by "knowing" you just from the forum, i honestly think that the bub is lucky to have you (and vice-versa)

I hope you're not worried about the stigma of single parent hood... remember that you are just as deserving and ready as any other person... you're capable of providing an amazing and loving home, just as much as any traditional 2 parent home... Love and nurturing is the foundation to a happy and contented child and family....

Keep us posted!
    Hugs
    A

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tin - welcome back Hope everything is going well with the house

Chic - I hope everything is going well with the 2WW Congrats on being pupo with twins, I hope they're holding in tightly . Did you guys do anything nice for your dh's birthday?

Bboo, Stubborn Ox, Lizzy, Southcoast, Sazra, Chubby Bunny and Mrs Boyts - welcome to the thread!! Nice to have a whole bunch of newbies; the thread is definitely moving a lot faster at the moment!

Magic - for hitting the 2 year mark I'm sorry that everything isn't going well for your dad at the moment too. Did he end up taking you up on your offer (very generous of you!)? Thanks for the birthday wishes too!

Elly - I used lullaby conceptions OPKs; nice a cheap which was good because I was a bit of a POAS addict

Lisa - holy smokes, not long to go for you now!! You must be getting so excited! That's funny about your DH and the birth video..can't wait to see my DH's reaction

Angel - I'm glad you and your dp are going ok and have a plan of attack. That's brilliant you got in so soon for the gall bladder op! And don't feel blonde about the OPKs; I remember being confused when I first started using them (and it might have been left over hCG or it might've meant that your body had a small increase in LH but not enough to O - I think it can fluctuate throughout a cycle anyway)

Summa - thanks for the birthday wishes! I think you should definitely take a week off for your birthday - it should be mandatory How's your back feeling at the moment? I hope you're not having too much trouble with it. Your colour scheme sounds awesome, I love the idea of the blues with the red and silver stars - very nice.

Bubba - glad you had a nice holiday! I'm VERY excited about your FET - the cheer squad's right here I will have to start a pregnancy diary on here - I have one irl, but it would be fun to have one here too

Pink - how did your scan go yesterday???? Definitely a boy? How exciting!! And 20 weeks - wow!!

Silent - I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I think it's an evap. If you and your ex last dtd on July 30 you would be approx 57 dpo or 10 weeks utd, which would give you a very substantial line whereas this one looks more evap-ish. Maybe do a FR to be sure though. for your break-up

Hi to anyone I've missed (but hope I haven't...)

AFM - had a lovely birthday and week off, it was so nice to potter around and do whatever I felt like doing on the day. Got a cold which was a bit of a pain, so I had Wed/Thurs off work to get over it.

First ob appt on Monday which I'm so excited about - will get to see bubby looking a lot different to last time (10 weeks vs 15 weeks) !

Happy weekend everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls...Ahhh it's the weekend again

Magic Termites are ultra sucky, our neighbours just found some in their back fence. So we are going to get our house checked now just to be safe it's termite free.

Angelski How was the expo? sounds interesting. It's nice that your DP is being so positive Good Luck with the Gall Bladder extraction

AFM Faint and hot feeling's seem to have passed. POAS Thursday BFN, I wasn't going to test again till AF was late, but last night I had a dream that I did a FR test and it was positive so I got some today when I went shopping...BFN still I'm obviously thinking about it all to much and now it's infiltrating my dreams! CD27 today, 5 days till AF is due. Not long to go...I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

Sorry for being completely MIA for the past few weeks. I have been flat chat with work but also trying not to focus on ttc as it has been getting the better of me - starting to bawl in front of friends all the time is so depressing!

The long & the short of it is after our first appt with the fs, we were sent for more tests, and had to come back for another appt scheduled after another work trip (which we missed O AGAIN... grrr) and the gist of that is that we only have about a 5% chance of naturally conceiving each month, and the best course of action for us is IVF. So we've booked in for the pre-treatment appointments (waiting 5 freakin weeks!) and once they're done we can start an antagonist cycle. Still a little numbed by it but I'm sure WHEN i get the BFP all those feelings will disappear...... here's hoping for a little christmas cheer!!

Hope everyone is well and i'll start back on the personals shortly!

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

Angel-Sounds like your DH has big plans for the house while you are recovering from your surgery! I hope he still makes time to spoil you! Perhaps you need a bell you can ring everytime you need something! How was the expo?

Magic-Glad the A/C is now in! You'll be nice and cool once the hot weather hits. Boo for the termite problem. I hope they don't spread any further than the deck! How is your dad?

Pink-the woodland theme sounds lovely! It's so fun to be planning out all this stuff. I see from your diary that you are a little unsure about the gender of bubs now!! How frustrating. Are you planning on getting a 3D/4D scan done? You might get a look then to confirm!

Silent-Not sure if it's my computer or what..but I can only see 1 line... I'd tend to agree with Nocturne though..if thats the last time you DTD then you should be getting a very definite positive on any type of HPT.

Sazra-Good luck with the OPKs!

Bubba-Oh Bali would have been wonderful! I really want to go there. My parents have been going every year for about 4 years for holidays and always rave about it! If you are taking Clomid and are triggering ovulation then that sounds like a medicated FET to me. Hoping your body behaves itself and it all goes to plan.

Nocturne-Glad you had a nice week off! Yay for first ob appointment!!! It's amazing to see how much bubs has grown from scan to scan! Always amazes me!! My back is feeling good at the moment thanks. I think the acu really helped-would definitely recommend it!!

Bunny-The TWW can be torture!! I hope the last few days go by super quickly and there's a BFP at the end of it for you.

Monkey-Sorry about the outcome of your FS appointment, but at least now you have a way forward and a plan. I know I was quite shocked when we were told IVF was our best chance but I eventually came to realise that it was just the path we had to take so we could have a family. As you can see from this thread there are quite a few of us that have been down the IVF road/currently going down the road so feel free to ask questions.

AFM-Not much happening here. 24 weeks yesterday which means viability!! That's another milestone ticked off my list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Summa - Wow 24 weeks. Still feels a bit surreal! Big hugs for the dramas you are having with your housemate, I hope things aren't stressing you out too much.
    Dad is doing pretty good. He is getting terribly bored though, and so is trying to ease himself back into work - just a few hours here and there.

Chunky - Sorry to hear that you are having to go down the IVF road. It's always a shock to hear that sort of news. But hoping you will have success in November (or a natural miracle before then).

Bunny - Yikes! Yeh good idea to have a termite inspection done if your neighbours fence has termites! I've asked DH to go tell our neighbours to be on the look out. As our neighbours to the side have a big wooden retaining wall!
    Hope that BFN turns into a BFP, 5 days left, still a good chance.

Nocturne - Thanks for the hugs Dad probably won't come and stay with me now as he is trying to go back to work (will see how that turns out!).
    Glad you enjoyed your week off, but boo for getting a cold! So exciting about your first Ob appointment! Hope you get some pictures to share with us!!!!

Silent - I can't see a line, sorry. But I agree with the other girls, I think it could be an evap. You've had trouble before with those blue dye tests haven't you? Perhaps a BT is in order, just to be sure?
    Also very sorry about your break-up. Big hugs hun

Angel - The pest control guy said that he couldn't see any major damage from the termites, but I guess we'll have a better idea about that on Thursday (when he comes back to do the treatment). Hopefully there won't be any!
    As for the OPK situation. Some people get a 'fade in' pattern with LH surges, and some don't. There's varying amounts of LH in your system at any point during your cycle, which peaks just before ovulation. So it's not unusual for an OPK to become darkish (but not be positive) and then lighten up again. - That doesn't mean you've missed your surge though.
    The only true positive is when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. Hope that helps?

Bubba - Yeah we're burning cash left right and center! Oh well, these things happen. I'm on CD 18 today, and FF has my O day as CD 13. But my OPKs have just been spastic this cycle. I don't fully trust that I have O'd this time. Usually OPKs work perfectly fine on me!
    I hope your FS will agree to try something new. It does seem a bit silly to do the same thing over and over again with no results. When do you find out if they will agree to using progesterone?

Sazra - Oh these dirty termites are getting everyone by the sound of it! Not you too! Good to hear that you caught yours in time. Are they definitely gone? I'm a bit confused about how long it takes to know if they are gone for good or not!

Pink - Good stuff! It's nice to know you have a job to go to after you're off maternity leave! We'll practically be neighbours when you move....well not really, as you'll be on the opposite side of T-bah hahah. But it sounded good!
    As mentioned above, Dad isn't coming to stay with me now, he's trying to go back to work instead. I'm not 100% convinced he's able to cope with that yet, but we'll see how he goes.

AFM - Was having a chat on the phone to SIL yesterday morning when her router sh!t itself and cut us off. She texted me to say that it's so annoying that we live so far away from each other (200km), or else she'd just come around for a chat. Then 10 mins later she texted me again to say 'Bugger it, I'm coming over for the night"
    She brought her little dog AND her 12 month old ridge back X puppy (who is the size of a HORSE) and chaos ensued! Goodness me that dog just doesn't run out of energy! We still don't have the new fence up yet, so entertaining her was interesting in such a confined space (on the verandah).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Silent, i could only see one line as well! thats why i didnt say anything earlier. Have you tested again? i guess AF will be out of sync with all the stress you've been under, take care and big hugs x

Magic, gosh that sounded like fun, chasing those dogs around! nice of your SIL to come up! Hows your Dad?

Summa, congrats on 24weeks! i remember i was very relieved at that milestone too! Does it feel its going fast? it feels like its dragging for me! i guess it doesnt happen over night! enjoy the second trimester before your body falls apart!

Chunky, sorry to hear about the IVF path. maybe you will get very lucky and concieve naturally! its a bit daunting, but its actually quite common do do IVF these days. it sounds scary but its actually exciting having a plan. good luck! Nov isnt too far away.

Chic! how are you going? any signs yet? when will you POAS? good luck xoxo

Hi Sazra, hope your busy DTD! good luck this month.

Bubba, hope your growing lots of nice big follies! def recommend the progesterone pessaries.

Angel, good luck with your OP!

Nocturne, wow 15 weeks already! good luck with the scan. Are you finding out what your having? I get asked that so much, as well as when are you due lol

Hi Chubby, im sorry cant keep up with everyone, so many newbies! have you been TTC for long? AF doesnt show up.

Hi Pink, how are you? how many weeks are you now? fun planning the nursery, im only just starting!

Hello to everyone else

ATM 34 weeks today! nearly there, starting to sink in a little!
    Had my baby shower today and got lots of nice little goodies for baby. lots of bibs (like 20!) a few romper/body suits? lots of bath stuff etc. so next week, gonna find a home for them all. one more antenatal class left! slowly getting organised now. still feeling ok. tired but had a big day. TMI but ive discovered i have vulval varicose veins! not painful thank goodness but ive never even heard of them. so slowly waddling around, getting more and more bits together. hope everyone is well.