+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    wow! we were on page 2!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies!

Very quiet in here..did everyone have busy weekends?

Angel-Glad to hear you like your ob!! That's great that you are managing to control the GB with good eating!! Hopefully you can hold off on the surgery until after bub is born. Did you get a scan at the ob appointment?

Magic-Hooray for positive OPK, but bugger that AF will be due for the wedding..she always picks the worst moments to turn up. Perhaps she will be a day or 2 late so you can enjoy the wedding without her?!

Jeb- you have O'd and managed to catch the egg. OPKs can be quite confusing and not easy to read. I gave up on them after a few months!

Nocturne-Oh an Ergo! Yes I'd like to take a closer look at one of those too. I'm hoping I can fit the baby expo in this weekend..so much going on at the moment! So close to the 12 week mark!!! Hopefully time flies between now and the ob appointment. Will you be having the NT scan done in between??

to all you other lovely ladies. Hope all is well.

AFM-Had an ob appointment this afternoon. It seems the scan lady downplayed my placenta issues...it's not just low...it's actually partially covering my cervix. Ob didn't seem too optimistic that it will move enough between now and prior to the birth so looks like I may end up having a c-section. Not the greatest news, but I just have to go with whatever will be safest for me and bubs. She did another scan and I got to see my little man again...never tire of watching him wriggling around on screen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, very quiet in here!
    Summa, sorry to hear about your placenta problems. im sure they will keep a close eye on you. i hope you dont get too much spotting. i wouldnt worry to much about the c-sect. i think the numbers are like 1 in 3 births at the moment. you are usually up and about the next day and still go home after 4-5 days. just harder as you can drive and do heavy lifting for a little while. Im going to try for a normal birth but im kinda hoping they say you need a c-sect cause im more scared of tearing/pushing etc, im a whoss! plus with a c-sec they do it earlier. we have a history of going late in our family. whens your next appointment?

Hi Nocturne,
    that bump is smaller then what i am. i think ive popped out the last week cause everyone is saying, not long now, and oh i thought you were further along with that!! still 10 weeks!! oh well. not long until you can tell everyone your news. you did very well keeping that a secret for so long! I hope you are well. enjoy that expo.

How are you angel? any more symptoms yet?
    Chic, hope you are doing ok!
    Silent, any signs of AF? hows your studies going?
    Hello to everyone else. cant go back any further but everyone please update us!!!

ATM, having a day off work. we are over staffed! also got a head cold so feel like **** but i hate doing nothing! so got a full day planned to keep me distracted. back to work tomorrow. Saw OB yesterday, iron a bit low so need to take extra tablets otherwise no problems! had to have an anti D needle in my butt! (im O-neg and HB is A+). funny being a nurse as i give them all the time, i was very suprised it didnt hurt at all! OK, ill soldier on! Can you guys believe i still havent brought this bubba anything yet!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies
    I'll be back in a little while but just wanted to ask if you could support this cause. Mackay is losing its IVF faciclities which is so sad as people will need to travel 7 hrs to Townsville or 12 hrs to Brisbane. Please if you can add your support to keep it.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sa...27134114004653

Thanks

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovepink For This Useful Post:

MagicMud  (02-09-2011),summastarlet  (30-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel- that is so great that your appointment got changed! That is good your OB thinks there won't be any issues just look after yourself!

Lisa- oh i LOVE your bump!!!! How lovely! I hope you are feeling better soon! You will have a BIG shop to do soon!!!! lol

Summa- still not totally over it but slowly getting there! Oh how exciting going shopping! We are doing ours when we have our scan and are home in the school holidays- can't wait! Oh no about your placenta. I hope you are like my sister and she was told the exact same thing. Had to have lots of extra scans and at 30 something weeks it had moved enough for her to have it naturally but i agree whatever is best for bubby and you.

Chic- oh thats great she came so quickly! How did your BT go? Did they give you any dates yet? for you!!!!

Silent- wow! that sucks. hope it all happens soon!

Magic- oh no that sucks it will be on the wedding time! Nothing worse than being away from home and having people everywhere! Where is the wedding? Are you getting a nice holiday or weekend away?

Jeb- hope you caught that eggy!

Nocturne- how exxciting! so wonderful telling people! Are you having the 12 wk scan? It will work out well at 15 wks spreading the appointments out! woo hoo 1 week to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    still no af here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wok the heck? I had to go look for our thread!

Nocturne - Oooo red curry, that's bold! Can't believe you're about to hit 12 weeks! Yippee! Have fun spreading the news!

Summa
    - Sorry about your placenta issues . Really hope you'll get lucky and it'll move
    Also hugs for Bubbles EDD.

Lisa - Wow over staffed? Didn't think that was possible! lol. Sorry to hear that you're sick, hope you feel better soon.

Pink - I can't believe Mackay could lose it's IVF facilities! I've thrown in my support.
    The wedding is in Brisbane.... Portside Wharf, I think? Still not sure if I'll end up going, but very much hope I'll O late next cycle.
    How are you traveling with everything?

Silent - How annoying!

AFM - I just spent 2 days at my Mum's place. DH had a course in Brisbane, and Dad has been sick again. He collapsed at work and everyone thought he was having a stroke, but it was just a bad virus and dehydration (He was lugging heavy boxes around in the heat). Silly old codger!
    This is the 3rd time in the last few months that he has been taken away by ambulance. He won't rest enough to fully get better! But will he listen? Noooooo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls! Happy Friday

Summa - yeah, I'll let you know what I think of it; the ergo sounds great but doesn't look overly comfortable - I think it just looks a little complicated. But, might just be how I've perceived it. Hope you're enjoy being busy and life's not too hectic. Sorry to hear about the placenta, I really hope it moves, but if not, that's good there's a plan in place

Lisa - how exciting for popping out further, I can't wait til I have a belly Do you have any idea about what you'll buy first?

Pink - hope you're going well. That's insane about the IVF clinic, I will definitely join on FB as soon as we break our news on Sunday (just so there's not a million questions!). How's your bump coming along

Bubba - hope you're having a lovely holiday

Magic - wow, your poor dad - he sounds like a trooper to keep going on til he collapsed (not that that's a good thing, some people go too hard and you can't tell them hey). Hope your mum's going ok. How's your overlocker going?

AFM - yes, 12 weeks on Sunday!! We decided not to have the NT scan, so our scan at 15 weeks will be the next one (the Ob's receptionist said it will just be a scan "just because" and we'll have an anatomy kind of scan a few weeks after).

My SIL lent me a doppler which says on the box that you can use from 12 weeks (I know that's probably way too early!) so I've been trying to hear a heartbeat - can't wait til I can

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone, just thought I would let you know DP and I are going through a rough patch and we're trying to work out if we can still be together. I'm thinking of everyone and sending baby vibes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hello ladies!

Hooray for the weekend! Hope you are all enjoying fabulous weather like we are here!! Loving the sunshine and warm!!

Lisa-Cannot believe you haven't bought anything yet!! I have to stop myself from buying up entire shops!! People keep reminding me I need to leave some stuff so they can buy presents!
    Sorry to hear you have a cold. No fun. I hope your day off kept you distracted from it.
    Thanks for the inside perspective on c-sections. I know a few people who have had them recently so will be picking their brains too! I'm not too worried about the actual procedure (well except for the epi..a needle in my spine scares me!!).I go back to the ob in 4 weeks.

Pink-Glad to hear you are on the mend. My flu seemed to stick around forever too. Guess our bodies are too busy baking bubbas to fight off germs!! Not long to go until your next scan!!! I can't remember if you've told us or not..will you find out the sex if you can?
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am like your sister and my placenta moves!

Magic-Thanks for the hugs. I didn't think I would get so upset, but it's been really weighing on my mind.
    Sorry to hear your dad isn't well at the moment. Have been following your diary and see he is having some more tests done. I hope he is ok.
    Oh and I also see you have a load of possible symptoms...(yes I am a stalker..) for you!

Nocturne-I am also contemplating a sling instead of a carrier..been looking at the Baba Sling & the Breeze Baby. Both look not too complicated to use!
    Hooray for reaching that 12 week milestone!! Hope 15 weeks comes quickly so you can check out bubba again!! I love seeing ours up on screen wiggling about!
    I borrowed a doppler from a friend and was able to pick up a heartbeat from 14 weeks (though I was too scared to try it any earlier incase I couldn't hear anything!). It's a lovely way to reassure yourself that bubs is ok.

Silent-Sorry to hear you and DP are having troubles. Sending you lots of I hope you come to decision that you can both be happy with. Never fun having those conversations.

AFM-21 weeks today!! Booked in for my birthing & breast feeding classes yesterday, plus while I was on the phone the midwife booked me in for my pre admission appointment. So all organised now!!
    My belly is ever expanding now which is very cool! I have been having trouble finding maternity clothes that don't look revolting and don't cost a fortune..yesterday I found some cute dresses in Jeans West that will be able to accomodate the bump nicely! Now I just need to hope the belly belt works on my shorts and I will be all set for summer!