+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Summastarlet - How exciting to be able to share the news with everyone.... hope you revelled in all the well deserved glory!!! I can't wait to be able to hear about your journey here on in.. hopefully all the things for me to look forward to and learn about through you...

AnnieJ - Thanks for the support Re: POAS... i really really really want to abstain from doing it - more so that i can pretend to be UTD for a little longer... if that makes any sense?! So your reasoning provided me with all the more reason to wait it out

Nocturne - What an impressive collection of tests!!! lol Were you thinking that they were all wrong?? How many hours/days are all of these taken over?! oh and BTW... CONGRATULATIONS i'm so excited for you .. another journey to follow!

lovepink - work always gets in the way of everything doesn't it? I was just saying the other day on FB, that i wish i could set up a little bed under my desk (kind of like George Costanza did in Seinfeld) I think all ladies who are UTD should be allowed nanna naps as well as lunch breaks... should be written into the minimum standards for employment!!!

AnnieJ - Here's hoping the "little men" caught your "little lady"

AFM - Today i'm feeling that i won't test until the 28th July... this would be about 2-3 days after AF is due.. i can last that long.. DP and i had the chat today as to when we would tell friends/family that we are UTD.. the question of whether we would wait the 12 weeks or not... DP and i started laughing half way through and realised that we were probably only kidding ourselves if we thought we would be able to keep it a secret.. i toyed with the idea so much because i like having little secrets from the world... but we know we won't be able to hide that one.. but we did decide we just wouldn't publicise it on FB or send out a group SMS, just tell people as we saw them... then at 12 weeks tell everyone who we haven't seen using those social mediums... how crazy are we? We're not even sure if we're UTD but already making these plans?! I guess thats what happens when you're in the TWW and abstaining from POAS... I'm also trying to keep myself busy with work.. and now the assignments for my last semester which i have realised i'm 2 weeks behind on already!

A

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angelski you are not nuts for making those plans or having those conversations at all. I think you're dead right. If you dont talk about it now, then when? When you're in the hype of getting a bfp and want to shout it from the roof tops is probably not the best time to try and make a rational decision, so doing it before your pregnant makes sense to me

AFM Im sorry i'm not doing more individuals - I am out of it today. So hung over it's disgusting. I am almost positive I o'd yesterday. I was hesitant about drinking last night but I know that at this stage it makes no difference and that may actually be the last time I drink for at least the next 9 months! I dont think we DTD enough this month (before Oing). But i'll still be on mega symptom watch with my fingers crossed for the next ten days (and the rest!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats to Ziara on the speedy arrival of little Calvin! you must of just started mat leave! I hope you are all doing well now and get to go home soon! King eddies is great! Looking forward to seeing some photos!

Angel and Annie, good luck in the TTW!

Nocturne, hope you start to feel sick soon!

Pink, any nausea? i cant believe how tired the 1st trim makes you feel!

Well, we didnt get the cot!!! The lady said she tried her baby out of it and he wouldnt settle! so shes not selling it yet! WTF! so ill see what happens, maybe get it in a few weeks? or keep looking... oh well.
    Last edited by Lisa80; 17-07-2011 at 18:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls! Hope you all had a lovely weekend

DH and I had an internet free weekend which was lovely and detoxifying!

So many personals! Lets see if I can remember them all...

Nocturne - Blimey that's a lot of BFPs! I think you might be pregnant

AnnieJ - Good luck catching that eggy! It's a bit scary that after the madness of timing BDing just right, it's now taken completely out of our hands! I often find myself staring at my tummy and wondering what's going on in there.

Angel - Good on you for resolutely holding off testing until the 28th!

Magic - Your night with DH sounded fun! 1am chicken curry!

Pink - I'm guessing you're a teacher then? Y'know kids are never too old to play sleeping lions!

Summa - Doppler, ooh. Sounds magical

Lisa - I hope that blippin woman makes her mind up about the cot soon!

Silent and Spanna - Hope you girls are doing well!

AFM - Naaarrrgg, the TWW is soooo loooong. I have my FS appt this Friday and I cannot wait! All weekend I kept imagining pg symptoms, but looked up where I am today and even if we did get an egg fertilised it wouldn't have implanted yet, so it's all in my head
    So what am I... 8DPO. I've also been convincing myself that it couldn't happen to us yet, so I may as well not expect it (because that makes rational sense, sigh).
    We looked after our nieces and nephew on Saturday morning so their parents could go out for brunch. Nice kids, but I'm so glad you don't get an instant family like that! I needed a nap that afternoon! DH had the idea of making playdough and got quite excited about it!
    Eurgh, I just realised DHs parents are staying Friday night, the same Friday as our FS appt. If we get our BFP (or even just very good news) then it's going to be insufferable in our house that night! I don't like getting too much special attention; MIL loves giving too much special attention. Ah well, I suppose it's something I'll have to get used to!
    Last edited by elly_star; 18-07-2011 at 09:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Magic - oh I totally missed your last post (I must've been posting the same time) Your night with DH sounded like awesome fun!! And massive bonus points for not being hungover, that's brilliant!

Annie - thanks Hope you caught the egg That's no good you weren't as lucky as Magic in the hangover department..I detest hangovers so much, they're vile

Angel - hehe, I just like POASing and seeing the line come up, and darker each time. It does look like the whole "that can't be right" and then a run through the pharmacy grabbing every brand (aka Knocked Up)

I agree with the others, it's important to make those plans now, not silly at all. GL for this month!

Lisa - bugger about the cot!! That sucks..

Elly - Good luck for Friday!! Hope you get some great news And yes, just a couple of tests, haha

AFM - teeny bit of nausea when I don't eat (which is exciting!), but still these killer cramps that I wish would stop. I had the tiniest bit of spotting yesterday so I proceeded to freak out, but feeling ok today.

Hope you're all having a good week so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

Congrats Nocturne!!!!!

Your tests look excellent! Enjoy this time!

I am about to do a test I am 15 DPO (I cant believe I have waited this long to test).

No real symptoms - but I am trying to be positive.

I will be on in about 30 mins to let you know of your results

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee keep your fingers crossed and send any spare baby dust my way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Pink-Hope you are surviving at work! I am still waiting for the tiredness to leave (though it's not quite as bad as earlier on). Getting closer to the 12 week mark!!!!

Magic-Your late night with DH sounded great fun!! And hooray for no hangover!! I see from your diary that your party plans are expanding..sounds like you are going to be busy with all those guests! Is SIL still able to take DH shopping??

Annie-Hopefully you are now in the TWW! Hope you don't go too crazy!!!

Angelski-I think half the fun of TTC is making all those plans like how you would tell everyone etc. Not crazy at all!

Lisa-How annoying about the cot!!!! I hope you find another one you like soon.

Elly-Oh I hope your FS appointment this Friday comes around quickly!! It's so hard to wait for these important things. Though hopefully they will confirm a BFP for you and you won't need their help anymore!!!

Nocturne-Hooray for nausea!! Haha..such a funny thing to be cheering for, but know exactly how you feel! I hope the spotting has stopped and you are able to relax a little. I'm sure your first scan can't come soon enough!

Lyla-How did the testing go???? Don't keep us hanging!

AFM-Had another ob appointment yesterday so another chance to see our bubba. DH asked the ob if she could tell the sex, and while she wouldn't confirm it 100% it looks like blob is a....

BOY!!

DH is over the moon (he keeps saying 'I knew I was right') and is making big plans already! I am excited too as I always pictured us with a little boy as our first born...though I am holding off on buying the boy stuff until we have it confirmed at the 20 week scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Summa! That is so exciting to know! Hopefully soon you will have it confimed and you can buy all the boy stuff!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMummy For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (19-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa, Elly, Nocturne and Summa, thank you!

Lyla, how did your test go? I hope it was the result you wanted

AFM 3dpo today and so. incredibly. tired. Its 9:20, and i'm just having one last scan over the forum before switching out the lights for the night. I am cramping to the point of annoyance and my boobs are aching I have also been researching pregnancy until my eyes are square and its so gosh darn fascinating . Nerd alert! I'm really enjoying this part though, I must say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summa - That's great news!!!!! A little boy!!

Lyla - how did you go?