Hi everyone. Yes I have been a little bit quiet of late, but have still been reading along with you all.
We don't have any answers yet for what's gone wrong. On ET day FS didn't give an answer. The following day the embryologist refused to speculate. The counsellor doesn't know much about IVF nitty gritty, but even she knew that d5 should mean blasts. The FN that phone on Fri had nothing useful to contribute. Haven't made the post-cycle appt yet, I think they frown on you attending that appt before the BFN BT had been done, because they don't look too pleased when I book the appt on my way out from BT before getting the result back.
So, in the absence of any answers I'm struggling with a few questions.
Since IVFA, QFG, MIVF have a sort-of merger, can we get Wazza to look over our file to see if he can make any suggestions.
Should we switch to Wazza. If yes, when.
Should we switch to SIVF. If yes, when.
Should we try again with my eggs.
Should we wait 3 months and try melatonin (what dose), royal jelly, more CoQ10, more grape seed, more fish oil, more VitBs, Sharkeys, anything else.
Should we go double donor with my brother and DHs sister (we have tentative agreement from both of them).
Should we give up and come to terms with forever being childless.
Should I start on antidepressants just to get through another cycle.
Should I do another cycle if I think I need antidepressants just to get through it.
Can we karyotype 1 or more eggs.
Should we stim to get more than one egg to karyotype.
Should we put eggs for testing under PolScope before karyotype, or use some for visualising spindle with a colorimetric technique.
Should we put eggs through the chip IVFA (MIVF) use for microarray PGD.
Should we PGD embryos.
What's the Westmead lab's proportion of mature eggs proceeding to d5 blast compared with IVFA average.
What's the Westmead lab's proportion of ICSIed eggs proceeding to (a) fert, (b) d5 blast, (c) BFP, compared with IVFA average.
Why do our embies all stop.
Failing an answer to that, what are 5 plausible reasons for our pattern of growth arrest and what are the ways to check and/or work around or overcome those 5 reasons.
Should we try d1 ZIFT - with how many embies each time.
Should they add my blood serum or fallopian fluid to the culture medium.
Do they use pyruvate+glucose- medium until 8 cell and then pyruvate+/-glucose+ medium until blast.
Do/can they test used culture medium to draw inferences about embryonic growth/metabolic patterns.
Should we sort out my IVF-related stress before booking the debrief appt, or should we proceed pretending everything's fine.
Should we do another cycle if I don't believe it will work.
Can we not have the nurse who says you shouldn't be doing IVF if you don't think it will work.
Should we change to a different IVFA clinic.
Should they recheck thawed donor sperm quality including use of high-mag without taking the sperm out of our allocation.
Should we do high-mag the next time we use this sperm.
So, in summary: I'm not happy about stopping IVF, I'm not happy about continuing IVF, I'm generally not happy and haven't made it through one day since ET without crying.