+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    One of the reasons we are moving out of point cook is cause of the lack of infrastructure.
    Which is why you should be moving near me, not interstate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I know, but i need MIL to help with the kids. Plus i want to buy a house which wont happen here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tripletime, do you live in point cook at the moment? where are you moving to? I thought you bought there.

Btw, is Point Cook built at the same time with Caroline Springs? I just feel CS is nicer when I drove through there.

Cheers,
    mqt
    Last edited by mqt; 14-01-2012 at 20:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lily of the nile,
    We moved here 3 years ago, and we are about to put our up for sale and move back to our small "country town" - dromana.

For us, it's just way too busy!
    It's like boxing day sales every day of the week trying to get a park at the supermarket. Coles is just CRAZY on the weekend.

Public transport is also insane! Trying to get a seat on the train or even park at Laverton station is just impossible!
    In the mornings Point cook road takes 30 mins to get 3kms to the fwy!
    One road in, one road out if you know what I mean!

The whole place IMO is overpopulated!

Saying that though, I've heard the schools are fantastic (we're not at that stage yet).
    And I guess to be near good schools, it's probably one of the more affordable areas.

You really just need to decide what's important to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Hi Tripletime, do you live in point cook at the moment? where are you moving to? I thought you bought there.

Btw, is Point Cook built at the same time with Caroline Springs? I just feel CS is nicer when I drove through there.

Cheers,
    mqt
    Sure do. Moving back to Newcastle, we were going to buy but decided against it. Don't get enough bang for your buck as we'd like.

Caroline Springs is about the same age, Eynsbury is younger than PC. Oldest estate here is 12yrs. CS is far nicer in my book but its not part of Melbourne area either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the insight Lily. You guys lucky, you have choice. For me, it's either go further west or PC I think Wyndham council just rip off our money and duck their head in the sand, why they so slow to act?? Half million dollar houses with low class infrastructure....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Thanks for the insight Lily. You guys lucky, you have choice. For me, it's either go further west or PC I think Wyndham council just rip off our money and duck their head in the sand, why they so slow to act?? Half million dollar houses with low class infrastructure....
    Tarneit is just as bad, if not worse. We made the move from Tarneit to Hoppers Crossing because of lack of infrastructure. Even getting a Litte of milk meant getting in the car and driving for 10 minutes, it's ridiculous. Wyndham are good in certain aspects, but keeping up with their growing population is certainly not a strong point.

Caroline Springs has so much more to offer, and I'd say it's as much a part of 'Greater Melbourne' as Point Cook is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, There is a reserve/swamp area on Point Cook Rd that the council want to sell off. Residence dont want it to happen until the infrastructure has improved.