+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbubswithwings View Post
    Hey there. I'm moving to point cook in about 2 months. We are just finishing building our house. I live in Altona just around the corner and have wanted to live there for a long time. I love the community feel and young families and how close everything is.
    We are in thirty30 estate which is off sneydes. We waited a year for our land to title but it flew by!
    Hi Angel, I bought in thirty30 estate as well but haven't started the build. Which stage are you in? How do feel about the estate? I feel it's pretty quiet. Do you get the normal telephone landline or NBN fibre optic?

Keep in touch
    mqt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Which street mqt? Do you have children?

I do like the estate but will be happy when more houses get built.

There are a couple of noisy dogs around at the moment as the noise travels.

Everyone is really friendly so far.

When will you start building?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbubswithwings View Post
    Which street mqt? Do you have children?

I do like the estate but will be happy when more houses get built.

There are a couple of noisy dogs around at the moment as the noise travels.

Everyone is really friendly so far.

When will you start building?
    Hi Angel, I'm in Countess. And you? I hope in Feb. It's left behind compare to other estates, I guess because no building rules. Don't like dogs either.
    I've 2 young primary kids. Which school your kids go? Are you able to get internet broadband at your house? Do you feel safe there in general?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm up the street from 3030 in bliss st. Internet in point cook is an issue for everyone. Unless your in alamanda, salt water or sanctuary lakes.

My advice & this is what I did, we got a mobile wifi from telstra (the black one) & keep ringing telstra till you can get an open port at the exchange. Telstra are slowly changing cables to fibre optic. It's just really slow.

We're zoned for point cook collage, Tom Roberts pde for primary & boardwalk blv for senior.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son will go to point cook college, we are very happy with the school so far. We have telstra adsl 2. It's good enough for us and hubby downloads movies and it's good enough for that. We did have to wait though for a port to be opened up. We do feel safe but have installed a security system because there are a fair few robberies around but mostly when the houses are first built. My son walks the dog, goes to the local park etc and we feel fine with that. We are off Regal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks tripleTime and angel. good to hear there is internet in the estate. I just use it for normal browsing, no heavy download. Yes, I heard the primary school is good with new building but it's way too big compare to my kids school. Will the kid get enough attention and safe to play in the ground during breaks? Btw, just curious, do they use interactive board in the class? My son told me he like the activities presented by his teacher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are very tech savvy. My son will start year 7 and they use iPads in all their lessons. My son is very into all the technology so this was important to me when deciding whether he goes to the public school or if we needed to look at other options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info Angel. Do you know if the teacher is approachable and supportive in general? My son is a shy person. Also I heard they don't have anti bullying policy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, I just realised there is no private hospital around point cook. And no cinema, no sport center or swimming pool for public. The shopping area is great enough but the facilities are lack behind. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For all of the above, you have to go to Werribee. Dont worry, your not the first to notice. Residents are trying to get things happening but there is only so much local gov. funding.

There are facebook groups dedicated to getting things moving.

One of the reasons we are moving out of point cook is cause of the lack of infrastructure.