+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have seen dr Eskander for 24+ months for fertility, IVF, pregnancy & birth of my baby boy Leo. He is Amazing, Caring, Professional, Thorough & I wouldn't hesitate in recommending his expertise to all. Top class in every way, thank you Dr Eskander!! See you soon for baby #2 !!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahtommasi For This Useful Post:

midnite01  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We were seeing him for 2 years for ivf as our fs and stayed with him as our ob. He is quiet but a good sense of humour very caring sympathetic and warm. He is not someone to take risks and wants the best outcome for mum and Bub. Yes he is busy and times when I have needed to contact him text message is the best. The appointments are short but gives you opportunity for questions so in a more complicated pregnancy the apt times might be slightly longer. I would thoroughly recommend him.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf experience

Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    We were seeing him for 2 years for ivf as our fs and stayed with him as our ob. He is quiet but a good sense of humour very caring sympathetic and warm. He is not someone to take risks and wants the best outcome for mum and Bub. Yes he is busy and times when I have needed to contact him text message is the best. The appointments are short but gives you opportunity for questions so in a more complicated pregnancy the apt times might be slightly longer. I would thoroughly recommend him.
    Hi all, first time user. Both myself and dh are 28 and about to embark on ivf journey with Dr Eskanda, seeing him next Wednesday. Dr Eskanda has performed 2 ops last year, one to remove severe endometriosis and 2nd to remove uterus septum. He is absolutely fantastic, and very calm.. Just wondering what peoples experiences were like with him during ivf and city fertility (if you went through them)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF dr Eskander

Hi Kath
    I'm a city fertility Bundoora IVF patient and dr Eskander was our FS and obstetrician for a baby boy (IVF round 1 success) del early by him on 6/10/15 due to preeclampsia. He is simply the best, he manages high risk pregnancies although I didn't know I'd be one until the last part of my pregnancy. Highly qualified doctor and caring person, his reception staff Ellen & Mary are amazing too!! Feel free to msg me if you ever want a chat about the process or just have someone extra for support. I know he's on holidays atm but due to return next Monday so you're in line to be part of his first round of IVF patients for the year. Good luck , have faith in his expertise and the process. It's not easy but know you are in very good hands with his care & CFC.
    Last edited by sarahtommasi; 08-01-2016 at 01:58.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahtommasi For This Useful Post:

Kathk18  (08-01-2016),midnite01  (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im also a huge fan of alex eskander. Used city fertility bundoora and was our ob. Very caring and warm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Im also a huge fan of alex eskander. Used city fertility bundoora and was our ob. Very caring and warm.
    Thanks for your reply. I'm seeing him next wed and just wanted to get an idea of what happens to get ready for ivf. Does he organise bs and us tests. I currently have the mirena so assume this will come out

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Eskander & IVF

Hi Kath
    Got your msg thanks, but I couldn't reply for some reason... Ill try to reply again in morning or find out why I cannot reply. He will put you on the best protocol he thinks is suited to you. My 1st cycle was an 'antagonist' one, it was cancelled and didnt get as far as egg pick up (EPU) - stims created many follicles but then they collapsed prior up EPU. My 2nd cycle was 'pill down regulation', stims them I got only 3 eggs at EPU, all 3 fertilised via ICSI & got to day 5 blastocyst. 1 had 1 X AA graded blasto that was ultimately fresh transferred on day 5 but the other 2 were graded DA & wouldn't have survived freeze n thaw so I donated them to research. CFC grade their blastocysts based on outer & inner mass. Outer mass is 1st Grade which is placenta & inner mass is ultimately bubba hence my AA & DA. I survived the 2 week wait (2ww) and got my BFP ( big fat positive). My Boy was born early at 35 weeks (preeclampsia) on 6/10/15, via dr Esk at Northpark & stayed in their special care nursery for 3.5 weeks. He was healthy but just needed to learn to suck to feed. When u see dr Esk on Wed he will tell you the next steps. The nurse at City Fertility (CFC) will then be in touch to re iterate the plan. CFC were very good at the planning and communication of every step of the way in the IVF cycle so have confidence you'll be shown exactly what & when to do dr Esk may ask you to do an u/s and / or take bloods so follow his instruction as well: he will communicate with CFC the plan so ultimately everyone is on the same page! I've had to gets bloods many times after seeing dr Esk so u walked across to pathology straight after my appnt and did it then. You don't need an appnt to get bloods done at Northpark but u do need to book for any u/s. Hopefully though I can work out why I'm not able to reply to your pm xo
    Last edited by sarahtommasi; 09-01-2016 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Calling your obstetrician

@sarahtommasi

This is a public forum.. Please don't share your mobile number. Anyone reading your post can see your number, even if they're not on bub hub!!!

The reason you can't send PMs is because you've only posted 3 times. You need a minimum of 5 posts (I think) to send PMs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

sarahtommasi  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtommasi View Post
    Hi Kath
    Got your msg thanks, but I couldn't reply for some reason... Ill try to reply again in morning or find out why I cannot reply. He will put you on the best protocol he thinks is suited to you. My 1st cycle was an 'antagonist' one, it was cancelled and didnt get as far as egg pick up (EPU) - stims created many follicles but then they collapsed prior up EPU. My 2nd cycle was 'pill down regulation', stims them I got only 3 eggs at EPU, all 3 fertilised via ICSI & got to day 5 blastocyst. 1 had 1 X AA graded blasto that was ultimately fresh transferred on day 5 but the other 2 were graded DA & wouldn't have survived freeze n thaw so I donated them to research. CFC grade their blastocysts based on outer & inner mass. Outer mass is 1st Grade which is placenta & inner mass is ultimately bubba hence my AA & DA. I survived the 2 week wait (2ww) and got my BFP ( big fat positive). My Boy was born early at 35 weeks (preeclampsia) on 6/10/15, via dr Esk at Northpark & stayed in their special care nursery for 3.5 weeks. He was healthy but just needed to learn to suck to feed. When u see dr Esk on Wed he will tell you the next steps. The nurse at City Fertility (CFC) will then be in touch to re iterate the plan. CFC were very good at the planning and communication of every step of the way in the IVF cycle so have confidence you'll be shown exactly what & when to do dr Esk may ask you to do an u/s and / or take bloods so follow his instruction as well: he will communicate with CFC the plan so ultimately everyone is on the same page! I've had to gets bloods many times after seeing dr Esk so u walked across to pathology straight after my appnt and did it then. You don't need an appnt to get bloods done at Northpark but u do need to book for any u/s. Hopefully though I can work out why I'm not able to reply to your pm xo
    Thanks so much for sharing. I sent another message to you but not sure if you got it.
    I saw him on Wednesday, took the mirena out and now waiting for AF to arrive to start meds. Excited but nervous

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Eskander & IVF

Hi ladies,

I have recently made an appointment to see Dr Eskander regarding fertility and would love to hear anyone's experiences with him! My partner and I have been confirmed as beta thal carriers so looking at PGD to avoid our future children potentially developing the severe form.. Completely new to the IVF scene so not too sure what to expect. Any help is much appreciated! 😊😊