+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Ob always rang me back within the hour. With my last pregnancy, I had some bleeding at 13 weeks whilst I was down in Mornington for my in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary. I rang David's paging service at 9am on the Saturday and he called me back within 10 minutes. He arranged to meet us in his rooms at St. Vincent's at 12pm for a scan (everything was fine). I was very impressed with his care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you need an OB at all? Can you just got through as a public patient? Much cheaper and if anything was to go wrong with your pregnancy an OB would be assigned to you.
    Assuming of course, that you like your public hospital/birth centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have paged my OB several times and had a call back within the hour. When I was PG with DS I had a massive bleed at 9 weeks, my DH paged our OB at 6am and he called DH back within 20 minutes to advise him to take me straight to the private hospy I was planning to have DS at and that he would meet us there - which he did. I even had him paged after I started bleeding heavily after a laporoscopy last year and once again even though it was 3pm on a Sunday afternoon he called within 30 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started off going private but then changed to public because of the lack of care I got from the private Ob. I couldnt be happier with the public system. Once I went in because I couldnt feel the baby moving and they whipped out the ultrasound to take a look and I was in and out (with a happy reassured face) within 10 minutes. Last night (8.30pm Saturday night) I called up with a concern and they reassured me over the phone but said if I'd feel better having someone take a look to come in. So I went in and had a fantastic midwife and a great doctor pulling out all stops to make sure everything was okay. As its my first I was probably just feeling a little paranoid but they were fantastic and didnt make me feel like I was wasting their time or I was being silly. In fact we even stood around for 10 minutes afterward just chatting about general things.

I was reluctant to go public initially but now I wouldnt have it any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What was the outcome?

Hi Claire,
    I have just read your story after doing a search for Dr Alex Eskander and am curious what the outcome was of your concerns and whether you continued your care with Dr Eskander or changed OBs?

I am only 6 weeks pregnant but have booked with Dr Eskander for 10 weeks appt. My sister-in-law had him as OB for her second and was very pleased with him.

Your story has me worried plus the fact that my first appt will be 15-30mins long, which seems short.....

Like you, this is my first baby, and spending $2.5-$3k I am expecting very good service, however I get the feeling I will be disappointed.

Any update you could provide on what your decisions was regarding Dr Eskander would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi vikkic

I ended up staying with Dr Eskander, he said that he was in surgery the whole time & couldn't answer any calls which is sometimes the case & that if I am seriously worried than I can always call the hospital I am booked into.

Dr Eskander is very nice, the best way to contact him I have found is by txt message, I normally get a response back within 15 mins, which is what I wanted, I guess the first time I really felt like I needed him was just bad timing & not a common occurrence.

My first appt went for about 15 mins if that & all other appts have been for about 5 mins. But if you need to talk to him about anything then obviously the appt will go on longer, luckily I just haven't had any issues so my appts go real quick. But I am unaware of how long other OBs appts go for, my friend said hers normally went about 5 mins too & that was with a diff Dr.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, I'm seeing him as well. I'm 17 weeks and haven't had to call him yet, but I did call the offices once and his midwife receptionist person was lovely and helpful.
    However I do find dr eskander very quite. :/ haven't really felt that great about him, but for no real reason then he doesn't chat as much as me! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Doesnt sound like he's worth the money.

I always got someone first call, be it someone on my team or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I had Alex as my Ob with my first pregnancy. My little girl is 2!!
    He's amazing, quiet and you do have to ask questions but seriously if things go pear shaped like they did for me he was so cool and collected. Had my vest interests first and I wouldn't go anywhere else!!!
    I'd paid double over if needed. We also were having fertility trouble second time round and started back with him and again wonderful!
    You do get to know him more as you go, but he won't let you down
    Let me know how you go and might see ya in the waiting room

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found that too but he'll warm to you just go to your appt with your list of questions and he will open ip. Believe it or not but he's really funny and had a lots of jokes with me and hubby )