+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling your obstetrician

Hi there

I am currently seeing Dr Alex Eskander, if anyone has any advice about him that would be great, I have only seen him once so far but I had really bad stomach pains yesterday & was worried & needed to speak to him so I called the office phone & got no answer, after about 3 times I decided to call his mobile & I left a voicemail, that was at 1pm yesterday, I still heard nothing but the pain had started to ease by the evening so I sent him an email at 7pm last night, still have not heard anything today so left a voicemail on his office phone at 2pm today.

I still haven't heard anything! Is this normal? This is my first & I don't have anyone close to me who has had a baby so don't know who to ask. Can you guys help? Is this really bad or just normal for them to take so long to call back? Should I be looking to get a new OB?

Thanks
    Claire

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm in WA so don't know him but ........Does he have midwives to call? I normally call the office and am attended to on the spot even if mine is unavailable. Is it private? Public? Shouldn't matter gosh if you needed a doc. I'm new to all this to but I know when I call mine they see to me straight away.
    Last edited by LoCo; 01-07-2011 at 17:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same. I've never waited more than a couple of hours max for a response, even on the weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know of dr eskander and to be honest I'd be looking at a new OB...

Please pm me if u want further details

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am private, all I got was a card with some numbers to call when I needed to speak to him.

The office just called now & said that is has been really busy yesterday & today & they are working through a backlog of calls, something about the phone being diverted to the wrong hospital yesterday. The receptionist asked if I called his mobile so I said yes & said I left a voicemail & how long does it normally take to respond & she just said that he has been really busy & will try to get back to me as soon as possible. She said she will leave him a message too.

I just don't know if this is good enough or worth $3000!

I am trying to work out how to PM, lol am new to this.

Claire

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-moo's mummy View Post
    I know of dr eskander and to be honest I'd be looking at a new OB...

Please pm me if u want further details
    Ummmmmm I can't seem to PM, I clicked on your name & then selected send message but the page doesn't take me anywhere to write a message lol. Maybe you could send me one if you wouldn't mind?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive had to call my ob during office hrs this time around and always get a call back within hrs(once even in a quick break between surgeries) with dd i called after hrs a few times and always got a call back quickly. Personally i dont mind being out of pocket so much as the care i receive is excellent, i would perhaps be researching a new ob

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly I would not mind paying at all if I new I was getting a service that was worth it, hmmm finding a new OB at 16 weeks pregnant :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wherebouts are you? I'm sure if you explained your situation (ie. couldn't get hold of ob for days when you thought something was wrong), someone would be able to fit you in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am around Bundoora, I want to give birth at the Mercy Hospital for women in Heidelberg.