+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have started Ed Gym at our local YMCA (Berwick). It's $16 per fortnight and it's very similar to what's described above activity wise, but classes are capped at about 10 children.... HTH

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

chloee42  (08-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone knows a reasonably priced place for swimming lessons for toddlers in OUter Easern suburbs? I am happy to take my son to a small place or large leisure centre - as long as it isn't too costly.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Knox leisure works (Boronia YMCA) charges $22.50 a fortnight for lessons. You get one school holiday program included in that. The down side is that you still pay during school holidays when their aren't lessons. You can suspend your membership for January if you want. The positive is that you can use the pool whenever you want at no extra cost. Both my boys go there.

Paul Sandler in Rowville is meant to be brilliant but costs about $160+ a term. In the long run probably similar to the YMCA.

Try Genesis gym on Scoresby Road or Beaver Swim School on Boronia Rd. Beaver has a salt water (chlorine free) pool apparently. A friend takes her daughter there as she reacts to the chlorine at other places but not there.

As I'm not sure where you are I'm not sure if that info helped or not. Hope it did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps! Yep Im in Bayswater so all are close by. How old were your boys when you started lessons? What age do you think is a good age?

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS1 started at 8 months. DS2 started 3 weeks ago at 15 months. They are put in groups by age. 6-14 months, 15-24 months, 2-3.5 years and 3.5 to 4 years. Under 3.5 it is a lot of singing and games incorporating swimming skills. Over 3.5 it is less games and singing. DS1 goes up to the big class next week. I'm very nervous as he loves playing on the mat etc.

If your up early we have 8:30am lessons on Sunday. It was the only time we could get the boys in classes either back to back or at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty sure Kilsyth Centenary Pool does pay as you go lessons for only $8.00 each I have a friend that goes here but have not looked into myself, I think it would be handy if you don't have to pay the full term upfront as then you don't miss out if bubs is sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the swimming lessons places - the Kilsyth one sounds good as then if you can't make it you don't lose money.

In regards to the Rowville Uniting Church Toddlergym, I refuse to go back! Today was our third time and I was disgusted. There were way too many kids and lots of older kids who didn't look like 'toddlers' running around, being rough and lots of chaos. Their mums weren't supervising them they were standing and have a gossip whilst poor little kids under 18mths old were getting knocked over and lots of near misses. I was so annoyed and was going to say something but didn't. The mainly music programs seem so much better as they are structured, limits to how many children etc. Maybe because it's so cheap and only $3 I shouldn't complain but I don't think it is safe for my 15mth old to be there. If you have older children, you might like it but for little kids, it might be dangerous. Just thought I would share my experience with you - im going to look for another kindergym in the area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    Are you close to Borinia? I attend a Playgroup there. It is $35 a term, so $3.50 a week. It is held at a church but not very religious at all.

Sorry, I'm iPhone-lexic

I live in Boronia, what day is it held I am very interested!
    Thanks