+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    cheers static_cat.
    DH has very regular check ups with his Dr for all the usual, colestoral, blood pressure, skin etc etc
    I have spoken with my OB and he shrugs and thinks nothing of it, conception wise he says my age/eggs are fine. But hey, he probably wants a new sports car, so he wants me to have more babies!!
    sorry thats a crack up about the sports car. if everything is fine i dont see a problem as longer as you both happy and on the same page. we wouldve liked ours earlier but fate had other reasons. but so happy we have them now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi manny Liscia here, well it's 90% we won't have another bub but we do have a spare egg! I'm happy with one my HB is 44 yrs if we have another we won't b able to do more traveling. I guess u need to write pros and cons and weigh it up!! Let me know how u go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Hi There.
    Im 30 but my DH is 43 and we have a 9mth old bundle of delight!

Can I ask a question... we want to put off baby no 2 until DS is around 2.5 - 3 for babys arrival which means DH will be hitting the 45 mark... what are your thoughts on this... Is that pushing it age wise?
    He is very young at heart, but he worries about the fact that he only has another 15 years in the workforce and we will have a 15 y/o still in school!

I guess in this life though you never know what is around the corner either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks liscia. I'm talking to my OB about having the Mirena inserted at the end of this month. That will have me on permanent contraception for another year, then I might be ready to ttc #2. if we have 1 we can give her so much. But I would like to give her a little sister too. I loved pregnancy & birth etc! So I'm certain on there being a number 2!
    I need to sort out the contraception tho because DH is ok if we accidentally fall pregnant now!! And I'm not!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just turned 42 and Pregnant

Hi all,

I just turned 42 and I'm 11 weeks pregnant!
    We started late, couldn't get pregnant, got some help and then lost 3 angel babies before having our DD (at age 36) now 5 and then our DS (at age 38) he'll be 4 in Sept.
    We thought we might be pushing out luck to keep trying for our much wanted 3rd child but I got pregnant again and we lost this angel baby in Jan 2010.
    I am now busting to tell everybody that I am 11 weeks pregnant again and (fingers crossed) all seems to be going well.
    My DS, my last angel and this (touch wood) young wigglebum were all natural conceptions.
    I can't believe my luck!
    My DH and I are very (nervously) thrilled.
    Last edited by LindaYNM; 25-08-2011 at 11:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Linda! All the best to you for this pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey all yes congrates Linda.

so how are we all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to say thanks for the well wishes and...
    There was a time in my life of TTC that (although I would always be happy for someone who found themselves pregnant with a much longed for baby) I would suffer with mixed emotions when hearing their good news. Sadness, Envy, Anger (why not me)
    So to those still longing - I hoped that posting this message might offer some hope to those needing some.
    Good luck to all...
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi, I'm 42...woo hoo -

from perth, three children DS 7, DD1 6 and DD2 3. DH is 45.

if i had started younger, i would have had another, but unless a miracle happens, and not that we're planning anything anyway, i'd say our family is complete.

hi everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    it took hubby and i over 14 yrs to have ds1.

so anything is possible.
    well girls xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    well girls, Im booked in next week to have my Mirena IUD inserted.
    Im definately decided that I will wait to have #2, and planning for DD1 to be around 3 by the time the next one arrives..... I hope we fall easily

I really enjoyed my pregnancy experience, birth and newborn and developing stages with DD1 and I want to be able to do that with no2.... with DD1 being that bit older and more independant, feeding herself, out of nappies - and hopefully settling easier!!

So, no TTC for us for about a year! DH will be about 45 by the time we get to no2! Ohwell, thats just the way it is!

Hope everyone is travelling well x