+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've had it from 2 weeks, and he is now 4 months, it's getting better, but a server case of it. I might go talk to a chiro that I use to go too. We do Physio and can notice a difference in his movements, now we are working on strengthening the muscle. His head shape is flat on one side, but last time it was measured it had improved by 2mm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my ds is 5 months old and has it.. he also favours the right side and has an extremely flat head and the other side looks a bit bulgy and weird. took him to a pead who said ''it will sort itself out''.. gee thanks, I paid you nearly $300 to tell me that!!!!!!!!!! twit. slowly sometimes he has started to turn his head whilst sleeping on the left.. but mostly goes back to the right.. but hey, he never used to turn to the left! so im happy with that. wonder why babies favour the right side?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon it has something to do with the way they lie in the womb! Could be wrong though! My paed also told me not to worry about it -my CHN was horrified! She was the one who set us on the right track in the end!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? Our ped was straight onto it, though having said that our mchn was surprised that he sent us to a Physio as he use to dismisses it. She said he must have learnt a few things since then. He actually said it was a sternomastoid tumour which from what I have read is the same just a bit worse.

Ours is def from lying in the womb, in all our scans he was in the same position, must have been comfy😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Momkey View Post
    Yep did Physio and Chiro! But it really seemed to improve after the Chiro - dramatically! Would definitely recommend giving it a go!! DD1 was severe to the point that her face was starting to get asymmetrical and the Chiro really helped! She look totally normal now hehe
    When you say asymmetrical, do you meant that her ears weren't even? I just noticed the other day when you look down on his head that on ear is about 2cm further back on his head. Omg I worry

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son had it from birth. We went to a chiro and osteo and I think the Osteo was heaps better. He is now one and doesn't have it. Although when he gets a virus it does come back for some reason. There are heaps of stretches you can do so make sure you do them.
    his head was never misshapen, however my nephew's was. He ended up with a helmet which has significantly improved it. If you are worried get a referral from your GP, better to get it sorted now. The earlier the better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think if it hasn't improved you may need a helmet. It sounds bad but kids don't even notice wearing them. You can go through the Childrens hospital but there may be a wait. Otherwise you can go to a private Paediatrician to get it sorted sooner. Definitely talk to your health nurse and GP. It can be fixed so don't panic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I posted in this thread when my DS was 3 mths. He's now 13 mths and he still has a bit of a flat spot even after months of Chiro. Without which he would've been much worse. His ears were out of line and when he sat with his back against me and I looked down over his head you could obviously see one part of his forehead protruded over one eye. Chiro was far better than the useless physios we saw, who told me not to see a Chiro! Luckily he has a head of curly hair now so u probably wouldn't notice it. On saying that we saw a new GP the other week and she picked up on it (from the front) straightaway. Persevere and do something as it rarely fixes itself. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was born with this condition. Wasn't diagnosed until about 5 months old when we saw yet another lactation consultant who noticed her jawline was droopy on one side. We struggled from day 1 with breastfeeding & saw many consultants to try & get it working. She wanted to latch but just couldn't do it no matter what we tried.

I was so surprised that this condition wasn't picked up by our hospital!

From diagnosis she had several chiro sessions on her neck. Lots of daily stretching exercises, some Bowen therapy as well. In the end we got to a point where we thought we had done enough & decided to let her grow out of it. I actually noticed an improvement once she started moving around & becoming mobile as she was holding her head up better. Unfortunately the breastfeeding never got better. We were lucky that she never had a flat head or misshapen head. Just the jawline droop.

She is now 15months & you would never know! Her jawline seems to have picked up a bit. I can still see it if I look closely but no one else can tell.

I will try & post a pic to show her as a bub. Now that I know what I'm looking at I can clearly see it in her photos!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a great pic but you can definitely see the tilt to one side! I feel a bit stupid now for thinking this was normal!
    Attached Images