+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all ,

I'm a newbie to this forum (well first time on a forum ever lol) so forgive me for not knowing any of the abbreviations. My husband and I are about to start ttc and I am super excited!

I work shift work at a bakery (mainly early mornings) and was wondering if the hours could affect my pregnancy in any way. I mainly start at either 4am or 5am and can work through til 3pm (9hr day) somedays.

What are your thoughts? Should I ask for day shifts instead now or keep working my morning shifts as normal.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, this is my 1st ttc, and definitely trying to take the relaxed approach. The hardest thing for me is sometimes I don't want to talk to my husband as I don't want to pressure him. But it's an emotional roller coaster when you hunk you are then your not. I'm usually a control freak but with pregnancy I feel like the only way it's going to happen is if I relax and just dtd a lot it would be great to chat about the ups and downs here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies
    I thought i'd jump into the conversation

DH & i recently decided to start ttc #3, after suffering a surprise preg/loss last month. We have a 5yo and a 20mo, and while i really want just one more, i'm not going to put too much energy into this. If it doesnt happen within the next 12 months, then thats it. No stress, just gonna let it happen (or not).

Good luck to you all on your ttc journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. Hope it's ok for me to join here. I am 37 and dh is 43 and we just got married 6mths ago but are ttc baby no.1.
    I do worry about my age but I am a generally very relaxed person when it comes to most things in life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there all

I am a long term veteran of relaxed approach but sometimes step it up to use other methods then slow down to this. We have been TTC for nearly 10 years so not surprising that we're over it all now. We used to chart and watch out for Ov and baby dance around that time. It got to the stage where we didnt want sex at all. Then we decided we never wanted to do the baby dance or chart ever again. We had put so much pressure on it wasnt funny. Our sex drive got up and rode away. Slowly and surely we started enjoying intimacy and then baby dance came back slowly and naturally when we wanted it not when we thought we should do it. Now although we have just done our first cycle of IVF/ICSI and I dont think I want to do any more. If it doesn't work this time then it wasn't meant to be and if it is meant to be it will happen when we BBD for fun.

I can see the merrits of no pressure but dont be scared/upset with yourself if your opinions change it is all part of the TTC journey. Just go with the flow.

Babydust to all who want one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyintraining View Post
    I work shift work at a bakery (mainly early mornings) and was wondering if the hours could affect my pregnancy in any way. I mainly start at either 4am or 5am and can work through til 3pm (9hr day) somedays.
    Hi mummyintraining
    Rest is really important, so as long as you are getting to bed early enough to have 8-9 hours sleep each night, i dont see any reason to change your hours.
    Good luck hun, its an exciting time

Hi and welcome to Lauz85, FiBub76, & T1gger!
    Last edited by steel magnolia; 28-05-2013 at 14:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys!

Like a few of you, this is my first forum post & I'm a bit lost with it all so hope I am in the right place. Also apologies as I am a bit of a gumbi with all the terms & abbreviations

My husband & I are both 29 (almost 30) & have been ttc for roughly 7 years. 4 years ago we were tested & tried 3 cycles of clomid unmonitored but with no success. We stopped treatment as we were living in a country town away from 'home' (adelaide). Last year (back in adelaide) we started the assisted journey again and are currently in our second monitored cycle of OI. The first cycle we had two follicles with clomid and I needed the hcg injection (I don't think I had ever ovulated??) and this cycle we have another two follicles & my body ovulated by itself!! This time I was also prescribed progesterone 200mg twice a day aswell. We test at the hospital on the 4th June (the day before my husbands 30th) so we are hoping for the best present ever!, but atm I feel like AF is trying to appear so how knows?

It's lovely to see so much support on here & I hope to get to know you all in this crazy journey! Wishing you all the best of luck & have everything crossed for your BFP's

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallyh For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallyh View Post
    Hi guys!

Like a few of you, this is my first forum post & I'm a bit lost with it all so hope I am in the right place. Also apologies as I am a bit of a gumbi with all the terms & abbreviations

My husband & I are both 29 (almost 30) & have been ttc for roughly 7 years. 4 years ago we were tested & tried 3 cycles of clomid unmonitored but with no success. We stopped treatment as we were living in a country town away from 'home' (adelaide). Last year (back in adelaide) we started the assisted journey again and are currently in our second monitored cycle of OI. The first cycle we had two follicles with clomid and I needed the hcg injection (I don't think I had ever ovulated??) and this cycle we have another two follicles & my body ovulated by itself!! This time I was also prescribed progesterone 200mg twice a day aswell. We test at the hospital on the 4th June (the day before my husbands 30th) so we are hoping for the best present ever!, but atm I feel like AF is trying to appear so how knows?

It's lovely to see so much support on here & I hope to get to know you all in this crazy journey! Wishing you all the best of luck & have everything crossed for your BFP's
    From what I hear, a lot of pre AF symptoms can also be early pregnancy symptoms......so good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FiBub76 For This Useful Post:

Fallyh  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I have been reading the same things too about signs & symptoms but can't help that niggling feeling that its just AF...oh well, will TRY to survive the week wait! haha! good luck win your ttc too!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fallyh For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiBub76 View Post
    From what I hear, a lot of pre AF symptoms can also be early pregnancy symptoms......so good luck
    ^^ yep

Stay positive! It just might be a baby bud! And also, be aware of implantation bleeding. It doesnt always happen, but with DS i got a couple of days of very light bleeding (thought it was another m/c!) but it was all good.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to steel magnolia For This Useful Post:

T1gger  (31-05-2013)