+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelski View Post
    So seeing as we're all in the relaxed approach way... what techniques are you using to restrain yourself from POAS to find out ovulation or doing BBT charts etc?

Me.. i'm enjoying nights by the fireplace whilst DP watches CRAP he has taped - Axe men, helli loggers, american choppers... and many other shows that all seem the same to me... I've started reading one of Jodi Picoult's books - Sing you home - as opposed to looking at the books i've been given/purchased about conceiving and expecting as well as names!

And i'm working.. apparently... lol

A
    I'm concentrating on getting fit. My last pregnancy came around about 5 months before me and DP were going to start 'trying' (though we'd been getting pretty slack at 'preventing' ) i was doing WW at the time and a few of the other girls there (online) were all trying to lose those last few kgs before ttc, and 3 of us got earlier than expected BFP's! So i'm kind of hoping that being super fit will help our chances, and will also give me a flying start when i do get pregnant.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey all, hope everyone is well. I'm having a bit of a crap day and would love some feedback. Today af turned up and it has kinda got to me.

13mths of ttc and a hubber did my chart and last cycle was my mist fertile time the whole yr and still nothing.

I am thinking maybe its reaching the time I go to gp, but another part of me wants to just take it easy and see what happens.

My concern is, 18mths ago I fell pregnant while actively trying to not get pregnant. Ended in miscarriage which I had to have to have d&c for. Apparently procedure didn't go quite right and Dr was worried about damaging my lining.

My cycles are super regular to the day and nothing else has changed except I am now 31 and also heavier then I was 18mths ago.

I just don't know what to do, we prob aren't ogre kinda ppl anyway but then I think maybe we should go to Dr in case I have scaring or something that needs fixing before I can fall pregnant.

What would u do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Surely it couldn't hurt to see a gp for a checkup you won't have lost anything doing do and you never know they might pick something up that can be fixed easily. Big hugs I'm sorry af turned up.

I've noticed that I'm ovulating right now it's obvious to me lol and I know from the date I had af last it's the right time but in classic murphys law fashion I have a cold/virus and dtd really is too much effort. Did it last night maybe that will work. It's only our first go since Xander was born though I would have liked to fall this round and have another April baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Well hey there! It's been a while, I had no idea you were still around. I'm not having much luck either. Af just arrived. How have you been otherwise?
    OMG!!!! Countrymumma!!!! or should I say Buttoneska!!!! Its so nice to see you again!!! I missed you!!!!! Yay! You've made my day

Well, not much has happened for me - about 4 months ago I saw a FS and he prescribed clomid - this is the end bit of my third clomid cycle - AF is due just over a week, and I really don't feel any BFP around this month. After this month I'm having a break - nil intervention at all then see what will happen..It's been a long hard journey, and one of my closest friends is pregnant after trying for 2 months...it's all a bit blah.

How bout you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    FearlessLeader - I'm all for exercising - i love it!!! However for some strange reason i don't seem to loose any kg... i think the more i exercise the more i eat I love food!!! I too would like to shift a few kgs before being UTD, but not sure how i'll go... you shift the kgs you are after!

Buttoneska - I'm sorry to hear that AF has reared her ugly head ! What would i do? I don't think going and speaking to the GP would be a bad idea, it could answer some questions for you and alleviate any potential stressors that the unknown may be adding to you?! In the interim, here's to AF leaving as quickly as she came!

Crazyfiasco - Here's hoping that one "turn" was enough for your

AFM - Have had a busy weekend being a socialite! But at the same time have been so exhausted.. i slept for 3 hours in the middle of the day on both Saturday and Sunday.. is it possible that i could be UTD? or is my body just catching up on a busy weekend... or maybe it's just the crazy Melbourne weather?! Technically i could have Oed on Friday or today.. so i guess only time will tell... rock on 26th July and we'll see if AF arrives... she's on an extended holiday!!!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renvind View Post
    OMG!!!! Countrymumma!!!! or should I say Buttoneska!!!! Its so nice to see you again!!! I missed you!!!!! Yay! You've made my day

Well, not much has happened for me - about 4 months ago I saw a FS and he prescribed clomid - this is the end bit of my third clomid cycle - AF is due just over a week, and I really don't feel any BFP around this month. After this month I'm having a break - nil intervention at all then see what will happen..It's been a long hard journey, and one of my closest friends is pregnant after trying for 2 months...it's all a bit blah.

How bout you?
    Yeh I'm blah too Tbh. Kinda giving up on the whole thing, maybe its not my fate. I had assumed kids would be part of my life but maybe its in a different way to what I imagined? Never thought I would be one of those women who had the perfect life but never got the kids.

Life aside from this is great though.

I don't know if its great to see you or sucks because we both stuck in this crappy situation.

Why the clomid, I thought you were o fine? You used to get pos opk didn't you?

How is the rest of your life, hope all is well. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so very trying to take the relaxed approach, I'm doing my best though. I don't take my temperature, I try and have a balanced diet but I definitely don't deny myself anything, I had a warm bath the other day too! (was told not to do that when TTC), started drinking coffee/coke (not together of course ) even though caffeine is a no no.

When I fell pregnant with DS I did nothing out of the ordinary and we fell pregnant 3 months after going off the pill. I dídn't buy any OPKs, see a doctor, do any exercise and yet I still managed to get UTD. This time around I did try and lose weight, been going to the gym, watched what I ate, bought a very expensive OPK (which doesn't even work properly), I would elevate the lower part of my body and lay still for around 20mins after DTD (sorry, hopefully not TMI) but you know what, I'm not going to do that anymore. It's nearly been 4 years TTC and I'm just going to go back to my old ways, which was live my life and do what I want to do.

Yes, I have put on weigt since DS (probably around 10kgs) but when I see women bigger than me pregnant I just can't understand it. I absolutely love watching The Circle and think Chrissy Swan is just lovely, bubbly and funny, but she is a bigger girl than me and I feel that if she can fall pregnant at her weight than why can't I??? Unless something is strongly advised, I'm not changing a thing, so there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!
    Just popping in tO say hello! Officially starting our TTC journey this month and wot be temping, charting or doing OPKs. Just pot-lucking it and hoping for the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieJ View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Just popping in tO say hello! Officially starting our TTC journey this month and wot be temping, charting or doing OPKs. Just pot-lucking it and hoping for the best!
    Yep just gotta say think thats what im going to do as well no use stressing let it all happen naturally aka DTD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkley View Post
    Yep just gotta say think thats what im going to do as well no use stressing let it all happen naturally aka DTD
    Here's to hoping then! We are already looking at names Crazy!