+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks starflame and leelee!
    Starflame so sorry to see you are still here! It's not fair is it don't ever give up hope, I've hadd friends who tried for 5+ years before they got their miracles so please hang in there xx I've been back from Fiji a couple of months but wish I was still there haha. MIL is coming over next month for three months though so that's exciting
    Leelee I'm sure you will get your bfp soon! This is my first so exciting and overwhelming all in one go! Are you trying for your first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I joined this thread a little while ago. I haven’t posted in a long while; however, I have still been here, in the background, reading everyone’s struggles. I just wanted to share a little something with you all. Through the TTC process, I have been jotting down my thoughts as a way of “coping” with it all. Here is my little story....

My husband and I have been TTC for a year now. I have come a long way from the depths of despair to being optimistic & holding hope. Here is a little about how I used to feel....

At times, I felt that it was a strain on me personally and also on our marriage. I let it consume me & I thought about conceiving 24/7. Sometimes I hated my body and it’s “failure to conceive”. Instead of keeping my body healthy, I punished it by eating bad food & rarely exercised.
    I dreamt about the day that I finally got to see a BFP instead of BFN’s! I dreamt of telling my husband that finally, he will be a daddy and see the tears of joy in his eyes and feeling that humanity has finally embraced us both! It was simply heartbreaking each month that AF arrived. I got upset and depressed and I asked myself, "WHY??!" Every time I saw a pregnant woman it plunged me into the depths of despair and I felt angry and cheated. I tortured myself with why others and I can’t? It was so unfair. We desperately wanted a baby and felt we could love that child unconditionally but why wasn’t it happening!!!

Although I once felt as terrible as all of the above, I can now admit that day by day, I am getting better and my struggle with conception and the occasional depression is sinking. However, it is still hard.
    I am learning to be patient & have let go of the anguish. Sometimes I have setbacks when I hear that a close friend or family member shares some joyful news. I still feel it is unfair and it’s like a slap in the face! BUT there is one thing I must remember, some of these women probably struggled, (like me) before they conceived their little miracle. Instead, I must be happy for them and cannot feel upset or resentful. This is "their time" now & mine will come. I must be happy for them even though deep down my heart is still breaking just a little for “my time”. Instead of “hating my body for not making a baby” I am now keeping it healthy and looking after myself in order to create a new life!

In the next few weeks, we are going to go and talk to our doctor, explain our struggle to conceive for the past 12 months and ask for tests to see if there isn’t anything in our lifestyle or health that is affecting our chances. My fingers and toes are crossed and I am hoping that there is nothing wrong and it is only a matter of time.
    In the meantime, my hubby and I will ensure that we laugh and have fun together. Wether baby comes quickly or takes more time, we will need each other and we will need to make sure that there is something there to come back to once baby comes. J

One thing I do know for sure is that TTC is not easy. Not everyone falls pregnant immediately, you have to be lucky. It is a long, heartbreaking journey but somewhere at the end of the road is a little miracle waiting to happen. You just have to be patient and hold out hope! I long for the day and I can only envisage the overwhelming sense of joy I would feel when I finally find out I am pregnant and finally get to tell my husband that we will be parents. I know that day will come soon & I will finally be able to share my pregnancy joy with you all. Until then, positive thoughts & baby dust to you all! xxx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isabella2012 For This Useful Post:

Gee2012  (30-11-2012),Katerous  (14-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!
    I thought I wold come in here and introduce myself (I think I'm in the right spot!)
    i am a mummy of 2 gorgeous kids and finally dp and I agreed to start TTC our final bub this month! My youngest is almost 4 so TTC seems o long ago now!
    Look forward to chatting with you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Thanks starflame and leelee!
    Starflame so sorry to see you are still here! It's not fair is it don't ever give up hope, I've hadd friends who tried for 5+ years before they got their miracles so please hang in there xx I've been back from Fiji a couple of months but wish I was still there haha. MIL is coming over next month for three months though so that's exciting
    Leelee I'm sure you will get your bfp soon! This is my first so exciting and overwhelming all in one go! Are you trying for your first?
    thank you mrstuilawa. Yes, this is our first. Enjoy the happy feeling. Blessings your way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella2012 View Post
    Hi girls, I joined this thread a little while ago. I haven’t posted in a long while; however, I have still been here, in the background, reading everyone’s struggles. I just wanted to share a little something with you all. Through the TTC process, I have been jotting down my thoughts as a way of “coping” with it all. Here is my little story....

My husband and I have been TTC for a year now. I have come a long way from the depths of despair to being optimistic & holding hope. Here is a little about how I used to feel....

At times, I felt that it was a strain on me personally and also on our marriage. I let it consume me & I thought about conceiving 24/7. Sometimes I hated my body and it’s “failure to conceive”. Instead of keeping my body healthy, I punished it by eating bad food & rarely exercised.
    I dreamt about the day that I finally got to see a BFP instead of BFN’s! I dreamt of telling my husband that finally, he will be a daddy and see the tears of joy in his eyes and feeling that humanity has finally embraced us both! It was simply heartbreaking each month that AF arrived. I got upset and depressed and I asked myself, "WHY??!" Every time I saw a pregnant woman it plunged me into the depths of despair and I felt angry and cheated. I tortured myself with why others and I can’t? It was so unfair. We desperately wanted a baby and felt we could love that child unconditionally but why wasn’t it happening!!!

Although I once felt as terrible as all of the above, I can now admit that day by day, I am getting better and my struggle with conception and the occasional depression is sinking. However, it is still hard.
    I am learning to be patient & have let go of the anguish. Sometimes I have setbacks when I hear that a close friend or family member shares some joyful news. I still feel it is unfair and it’s like a slap in the face! BUT there is one thing I must remember, some of these women probably struggled, (like me) before they conceived their little miracle. Instead, I must be happy for them and cannot feel upset or resentful. This is "their time" now & mine will come. I must be happy for them even though deep down my heart is still breaking just a little for “my time”. Instead of “hating my body for not making a baby” I am now keeping it healthy and looking after myself in order to create a new life!

In the next few weeks, we are going to go and talk to our doctor, explain our struggle to conceive for the past 12 months and ask for tests to see if there isn’t anything in our lifestyle or health that is affecting our chances. My fingers and toes are crossed and I am hoping that there is nothing wrong and it is only a matter of time.
    In the meantime, my hubby and I will ensure that we laugh and have fun together. Wether baby comes quickly or takes more time, we will need each other and we will need to make sure that there is something there to come back to once baby comes. J

One thing I do know for sure is that TTC is not easy. Not everyone falls pregnant immediately, you have to be lucky. It is a long, heartbreaking journey but somewhere at the end of the road is a little miracle waiting to happen. You just have to be patient and hold out hope! I long for the day and I can only envisage the overwhelming sense of joy I would feel when I finally find out I am pregnant and finally get to tell my husband that we will be parents. I know that day will come soon & I will finally be able to share my pregnancy joy with you all. Until then, positive thoughts & baby dust to you all! xxx
    Thanks for sharing 'our' story Isabella. It brought tears to my eyes! But I am glad that you are taking this so positively. I am inspired! And yes, hope the little miracle comes to us soon. Do keep sharing your emotions/stories here. It's inspiring to have positive vibes here .

Baby dust!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm new to this thread! My names Jorja and I'm TTC baby #1, I'm only 3dpo and I'm testing on the 14th!

Wishing you all the best of luck for October!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Isabella2012,
    That made me feel more normal. DP (25) and I (27) have been trying now since January and I feel exactly the same as you, Its sad hearing when other people are preggers and I'm not. I am still happy for them, and I know it'll be different when it happens to us, it's just hard.
    I've only been watching my CM and BBT, just get an idea of when I O. Dont wanna make dtd more regimented, but want to try and time it roughly.
    Unfortunately I am a bit of a stress head, and while I work and study, any more stress on top of that is getting really difficult. I like the idea of this thread and being really relaxed.

Good luck to everyone who is TTC. And thanks again for this thread.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey ladies, I'm not on the hub much these days but still see this thread bumped in my control panel. It seems like a lifetime ago I made this thread, I was so overwhelmed by the ttc section, I had tried everything and listened to everyone.

Every month I did all the right things and every month I got bfn after bfn. I loved the girls in my ttc groups but it was all consuming so I made this thread as a post when you feel like it but take time away when you need it.

In the two yrs ttc I faced many demons and now I'm pregnant I continue to face my demons everyday. It's all scary and exciting and exhausting and I feel very vulnerable too. I'm 37wks today and my lil boy has a few health problems that we will need to deal with once he is born. Everyday I thank the universe for this opportunity to be a mum and everyday I wish the same blessings on all you other ladies. It's frightening to be so close yet so far from finally having a baby but I feel very blessed.

Lots of babydust to you all Xo

Starflame - I know how you feel hun. No real advice, I'm not going to say it will happen because who knows. For me though the 18mth time was the hardest and most rewarding. Dh and I looked at our lifes and I came to terms with the idea of not being a mum. It was awful but also great. It took me a good 3 or 4mths to make peace with it. In the end the mth we actively tried to nit get pregnant I got pregnant. It could have easily gone the other way too though. I have lots of plans that I never had while ttc and still want to pursue them all. I'm thrilled to be pregnant don't get me wrong, I had just reached a point where I had to be ok if I didn't.
    Last edited by Buttoneska; 15-10-2012 at 06:55.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

starflame  (15-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanksssssssssssssssss

tag: may in hp | may in canon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default long term and new ttcers with relax approach chat

Hi, can I join? This thread is awesome for me, I was apart of a few others but after getting so disappointed over it not happening we've decided to just hope it happens instead of trying to make it happen and when I read other threads I tend to obsessive over it too.

I'm 24 dp is 25 we have a beautiful 2 yr old dd. Our current plan of attack is to relax and hope for the best!