+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default long term and new ttcers with relax approach chat

Wow what a mouth full! Just thought I would start a chat for those of us who would like a bit of support but don't keep up with the other ttc threads. I have joined in the past, but 12mths on am taking things easy and find the other chats make me obessive.

So now I'm not doing anything structured, no opk, no preseed, no smep. Just dtd if when I feel like it and making sure I catch my o window roughly.

I should have just o'ed last week, Fx.

Would love to chat to other tccers taking same approach.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

luattrihung11  (16-12-2014),MyPossum  (28-06-2011),thinkingaboutit  (30-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Buttoneska. I have had a relaxed approach when ttc all my kids, it has always happened eventually I kinda figure it will happen when it is supposed to.
    Although, I am hoping it will happen quick this time, only so I don't chicken out and change my mind.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey there! How many babies do you have. Hope it happens quickly for you this time. I'm a bit the same, figure you can't force these things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 5 year old, a 20month old and a 4 month old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Buttoneska and lovemybabies! Looks like this is the right place for me too....

We're trying for number 1, but just taking it month by month, no temping or anything... I've been off the pill for nearly 2 months now, but was on it for over 12 years so just working out what my body is up to at the moment...it's been interesting so far!!

So at this point we're figuring just dtd when we want...pretty sure I ovulated the first month, but not so sure this month...so just waiting to see really. We want to have fun and don't want to stress about it (at least not yet!!)

But it will happen soonish!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooh ooh ooh me!!!! While I love my regular thread and the girls in it - I sometimes feel the "odd one out" because we are the same as you described! No temps, no charts, no opks, no pressure on each other to "perform" on certain days nor disappointment if we don't!

DD is 15 months and we were lucky enough to conceive her in our 2nd month trying, now currently in 2nd month of ttc #2

(I mean no offence to those that do take the more "planned" approach by this post - this is just what works for us )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Thanks for making this thread!! Ive been lurking for a few months but first time poster!

This is really our first month TTC but we are really just taking the relaxed approach too. DP is not very into the planning of anything coz he tends to feel pressured very easily and gets grumpy!

We dtd 3 times, but the first time he could 'go' iykwim? So I count really only twice this cycle, on the 22nd and 25th, not too sure when I o'd though but tried to dtd when I had the ewcm going on (around 23rd or 24th maybe?)... its been creamy ever since and my nipples are insanely sensitive and sore, have been for days... also been feeling sick on and off for a couple of days now... had a little cramping over the weekend and late last week....
    Dunno what to make of it, but I am inclined to think that it is just my body playing tricks on me while adjusting to coming off the pill... mainly because the same thing happened to my sister about 6 months ago....

What do you ladies think??

Thanks
    Reviews
    ohh me! Can I join?

I have been TTC for 14 months with one m/c in october. so really 5 months, got pregant, lost that, now a further 7months down the track and still no BFP.

I don't use OPK's, or temping, or charting, and I certainly AIN'T touching my cervix or mucous to test consistency

Not sure when I O but I assume its around day 14 or a day or two later but who really knows? We aim to DTD every 2nd day after period finishes and just see how we go this month.

thanks for starting the thread!!

(I am about CD 7/8/9 now so AF just finishing for me, let the s3x begin!)

ETA: I Have 1 DD who is 2 so this will be our second

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buttoneska- what a great idea for a thread! We've been trying for several months (for #1) and taking a very casual approach.

I use iPeriod tracker to try and catch my O, have bought OPKs to try SMEP, but at the end of the day it all just feels too clinical and I always end up just looking out for changes in CM and see how we go.... Like you said, it will happen when it is supposed to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    can i join too?

my hubby and I are ttc after a missed miscarrage, we fell pregnant first go with just going with the flow and seeing what happened.

we are taking the same approach this time too.