+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default looking for mothers group in Wollondilly or Camden areas

Hi everyone,

My name is Belynda and I am a 32yo first time mother. My daughter, Eve, is now 9 months old.

I have gone from a full time workaholic (based in Cronulla) to a stay at home mum and find that I have no friends in the local area!! Also I would like for Eve to make some friends too. I have googled and looked at a few websites, but can't seem to find a mothers group close by that isn't run by any sort of religious organisation....

I was wondering if anyone knows of one??

Also, anyone that would like to offer help or advise for this overwhelmed woman, please feel free!!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Belynda

As per my post in the Southern Highlands thread - get in touch with the ABA (Aust Breastfeeding Assoc) OR I can find the number for you and they should be able to put you in touch with local groups/meetings/mothers etc in your local area. They are pretty helpfull. Am even happy to pass on the details of my contact person.

It is a huge adjustment - personally, emotionally and professionally when you change lifestyles and shift gears in your life - I am empathise completely. Being a new mum keeps you busy and active of course but its nice to have adult conversation and get social!

Let me know if you want me to forward on the ABA contact information for me - I promise it wont take me 2 weeks to respond this time!

Katelyn

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi!

Hi Belynda,

I just wanted to find out how you went with mothers groups in the Wollondilly/Camden area, did you have much luck? I am only 13 weeks pregnant but have been looking for the same thing, though I haven't found much on the net.

Thanks

Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Belynda,
    My name is Jane and I am also a first time mother and moved this year from Cronulla to Bargo. My boy Thomas is almost 9 weeks old and I have just started going to a 6 week mothers group run by Wollondilly Community Health Care, the number is 46403507 and they are based at Tahmoor. Hope this is of some help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Belynda,
    I'm also looking for mothers group - im almost 12 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I live in Camden.
    Let me know if you have any luck. I also added you as a friend.

Thanks
    Jo

Thanks
    Reviews
    /sorry i meant to write to Lisa
    Jo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jane for the info on Tahmoor. I will definately look into that one.

Hi Jo, I am sure there would be some sort of mothers group in Camden. I have started pre-natal yoga classes in Camden so I will ask some of the other ladies if they know of anything and let you know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa,
    Thanks for your reply - may I ask where do you go to yoga classes? Is it in one of a Camden gyms?
    Thanks Jo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jo,

No probs! It's at the County Womens Assocation (CWA) building which is at the back of the carpark where Coles is on Murray Street.

The prenatal classes are on Wednesdays at 5.15pm, but she runs regular yoga classes on other days also (where pregnant women can still attend). A lady called Shanti runs them. Her website is www.aumunlimited.com.

Lisa

simba6 is offline Always bring your own sunshine! :-D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi ladies, there is now a facebook playgroup http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/gr...7621198614808/ that meets on a tuesday,this week will be at lake alexandria mittagong,there are people from hilltop to new berrima and in between,even if your further still more than welcome if you don't mind the drive :-)