+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got ours from Aldi last November, or the in laws did. I was very dubious at first as it was from Aldi and cost $199. It is actually brilliant and has held up better than a friends more expensive trampoline.

Sorry, I'm iPhone-lexic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got my daughter a 6ft enclosed trampoline from Kmart about two years ago.

Quite quickly I found the blue padding on the poles was getting ripped and is now disintegrating. I just replace as needed with pool noodles!!!

Also my DD likes to hang onto the top of the net as she bounces so the ties at the top which attatch to the poles snapped but I just replaced them with some of her hair ties and it's fine!

The net in itself is great, no rips and not faded. The bouncing mat is perfect. The padding is still in reasonable condition although looking back I possibly should have taken it off during winter when not in use as it's really quick and easy to put on/off which would have kept it nice for longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    We got ours from Kmart 2yrs ago... and apart from noodle stuff (which is still ok, but falling apart) everything else is still in A1 condition.

I am really happy with it... we get a lot of rain here, and yep I do try to make sure the water doesn't sit in the padding... but it seems fine.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    we got 1 from Toys R Us 18 months ago and its still great. Is out in the weather (though protected from the wind) but no issues at all so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    we got 1 from Toys R Us 18 months ago and its still great. Is out in the weather (though protected from the wind) but no issues at all so far
    Same and ours went through the flood and ended up someones tree (10" in size) we got it down and hosed it off and it's still really good. No tears, rust etc even though it did the rounds and had a few days swim lol

Making no sense...?!? Blame my iPhone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my DDs were little we got an old-style rectangle one with no nets from Toys'R'Us, it think it was, (I figured we survived them so they'd be fine), 4 years down the track and the pads were completely wrecked (probably a year in), and the mat stitching started coming undone and the holes where the springs went in ripped so there were about 4 springs missing on one side. We still used it of course (safe much? hahaha), it was extra extra bouncy by the end haha!

Now we have another baby and that trampoline has completely died, we decided to get another one, but thought we'd get a decent one that will at least last 5 years for DS as he grows up. We looked at the "Springfree" ones but I think they are way overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    In the end we decided not to buy a cheap import (from Big W, Toyworld etc) and bought an Australian designed and made here in Qld and only two weeks in and we love it. We bought online from Vuly....about $700
    This is the one we got too. We got a 14ft which is massive, if we'd known how big that really is, we probably would've got the 12ft! We also got the net and a ladder so DS can get on himself. We got it on a promotion too that included a tent that goes over the net so you can have sleep outs, can't wait to do that with the kids in Summer!

Also the springs (which are covered by a mat) are outside the net which I like.

We are very very happy so far, its only been a month or so, but you can tell its good quality. Some of the poles didn't fit together properly when we got it and they replaced them straight away. They were really helpful. Parts are half price too if down the track you need to replace anything.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (24-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought one from kmart a few years back, it wasn't one of the ones from the toy sale, it was a stash they bought in just before chrissy and look completely different to the regular ones they stock. It has been fantastic, the netting has a rim that runs around the top so it stays taught and you don't get any of that daggy sagging. We paid $500ish on sale and like a PP said don't leave it till last minute lol. I rang about 15 different types of stores looking for a tramp on chrissy eve (snap decision) and only got the kmart one cos someone cancelled a layby with it on as I was calling the store

Just checked the catalouge and I can't see it. Also don't put it together last minute. We were out in the pouring rain at 1am trying to put the damn thing together it took us 4 odd hours in the end and some tears from me and some frustration from DH...

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    This is the one we got too. We got a 14ft which is massive, if we'd known how big that really is, we probably would've got the 12ft! We also got the net and a ladder so DS can get on himself. We got it on a promotion too that included a tent that goes over the net so you can have sleep outs, can't wait to do that with the kids in Summer!
    Oh yes, that's exactly what we got, the Vuly 14ft and all. We haven't tried the tent out yet but the kids can't wait for a sleepover on the tramp! The tramp tent is such a good idea!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (24-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions. I really like the idea of the ones with the tent. Great idea for a cubby.I will continue my search and promise not to leave it to the last minute...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We got a 14ft one 1.5 years ago from Target.

The trampoline mat, the frame and hte netting around the outside if all fine... the only bad bit is the pads around the edge. The part of the mat/pad thing that is in the entrance (as you can only get on in one spot because of the netting) is a bit torn... and the whole pad seems to look a bit worse for wear. A bit moldy maybe? I think it collects water fine, but just doesn't let it go very easily... so it just sits there going moldy. The same fabric is around the parts on the poles, but they're not moldy...

It still works just fine though.

I wouldn't buy such a huge one next time... we only have 1 child. Kids love it though, and having a big ones means more kids can be on at once (depending on the kids, their age and size, I'll let 4 on there at once).