+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    That's a proper cabornara! Parmasen added also. No cream in real cab.
    well there you go then! too bad i can't have cheese lol
    i also have to make it with gf pasta but i don't think that's a loss as such lol gluten is extremely heavy i can't believe i lived on that stuff in my teens

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeee View Post
    well there you go then! too bad i can't have cheese lol
    i also have to make it with gf pasta but i don't think that's a loss as such lol gluten is extremely heavy i can't believe i lived on that stuff in my teens
    You a gourmet without even realising it !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bg14 View Post
    I make gnocchi bake, risoni bake, spinach and ricotta canneloni, angel hair pasta with lemon, ricotta and peas, aracini balls (risotto balls), pumpkin, thyme and basil baked risotto.

We eat heaps of pasta/rice. These are all super easy and quick! Let me know if you'd like any of the recipes. Most of them are Donna Hay recipes!
    Oh yummy could I get the spinach and ricotta cannelloni recipe please.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    You a gourmet without even realising it !
    thankyou!

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yummy..... subscribing to this thread!!!

I love making spinach and ricotta canneloni and I add some Feta and sundried tomatoes to give it even more flavour. I also made a delicious chicken and bacon pasta the other week using evaporated milk as the sauce base. Mmmm I loovvee Pasta!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love spaghetti with garlic, anchovy, chilli, lots of olive oil, a squueze of lemon and some Parmesan. Maybe some mushrooms or artichokes as well.

Also chorizo and mushroom in a tomato-y sauce

Or dh's favourite - cheesy pasta. Just macaroni cheese with veg in it, but the secret is to make the cheese sauce really runny and lots and lots of it. It thickens up in the oven and is delish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Wouldnt say the 'best' but for something different I make a dish my Nonna used to always make. Pasta and broccoli.

Cook the broccoli for a few minutes in water so its still firm but not crunchy. Drain, but keep the water. Cook the pasta in the broccoli water then when you drain that keep a small amount just to keep it moist. Add a splash of good Italian olive oil, mix it all together and your done.
    When done right, its delicious! My mum sometimes adds small pieces of cooked bacon just to give it a little something extra
    Stephanie Alexander has a similar recipe but includes anchovies, olives, garlic and breadcrumbs - ok so all it has in common is the broccoli but your post made me think of it. Sooooo yummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, lucky for me my DD decided that she thinks plain boiled pasta is the best! Doesn't like the sauce. But it hard to get veggies and protein into her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I make a yummy one if I say so
    myself

a tomato based sauce
    Olivies
    salami cut up
    feta cheese crumbled
    through at end

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On nights we can't be bothered with dinner we do penne with caramelised vine ripened cherry tomatoes, basil and crumbled fetta.

But my fave is smashed roast pumpkin, fetta cheese and baby spinach with a splash of olive oil, salt and pepper tossed through fettucine. We love fetta in this house