+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do a sour cream and pesto chicken pasta that DH and the kids love!
    I oten do it when we have bought a cooked chook for lunch and want to use up the left over bits
    So it is some cooked pasta
    a handful of cook chicken
    a couple of TBS of pesto - I usually use the sun dried tomato one or the basil (or however much you like/need depends on amount you need to make)
    a bit of grated cheese
    I then throw it all in a bowl (if the chicken and pasta is hot I often don't need to heat to melt the cheese but if either is cool then pop it in the microwave to melt the cheese) and mix in some light sour cream
    If I am feeling fncy Ill toast some pine nuts for the basil pesto oor chuck on a handful of cashews for the sunedried tomato pesto.
    I often add a bit of frozen veges too or zuccini puree too to boost the kids vege intake!

Another one we have done a couple of times was a boccincni (sp) tomato and pepperoni pasta
    It was another super easy one

Cook pasta finely chop or slice some pepperoni and pop in a fry pan for a few mins add a punnet(ish)of cherry tomatoes until the tomatoes have softend a bit. Tear the baby spinnach leaves.
    Drain the pasta mix in the pepperoni tomato mix and spinach and the bocconcini - the heat of the pasta melts the cheese! and serve! yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i do a hot or a cold chicken pesto pine nut and baby spinach pasta
    hot version
    cook chicken and pasta, throw in half a jar of basil pesto, 300ml cream teaspoon or so of plain flour and maybe a handful or so parmesan cheese, when the sauce thickens up a little throw a small bag of pinenuts and a bag of baby spinach. stir till spinach welts then serve. yummo
    or cold version cook pasta and chicken , allow to cool, add half jar of basil pesto , pine nuts and baby spinach, stir and serve cold (so no cream parmesan or flour) yummo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make a corn pasta bake.

Basically melt a tub/block of cream cheese with a tin of creamed corn and pour over cooked pasta cover with cheese and bake until the cheese is brown & yummy. I also make it as a complete meal by adding cooked chicken pieces, bacon & a couple of handfuls of frozen vegies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lala77 View Post
    I make a corn pasta bake.

Basically melt a tub/block of cream cheese with a tin of creamed corn and pour over cooked pasta cover with cheese and bake until the cheese is brown & yummy. I also make it as a complete meal by adding cooked chicken pieces, bacon & a couple of handfuls of frozen vegies.
    This sounds awesome! I'm going to try it tomorrow night. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by larlee View Post
    Yum I'd love the angle hair pasta one please
    375g Angel Hair Pasta
    1 cup frozen peas
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 cloves garlic
    Juice and zest of half a lemon
    200g ricotta cheese crumbled

Cook pasta and peas. When done mix through all other ingredients and serve ricotta on top. Very easy and yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one:
    Asparagus and Herb Pasta
    400g spaghetti
    400g asparagus thinly sliced
    3 cloves garlic
    1/4 cup finely grated lemon zest
    1 cup flat leaf parsley
    1 cup basil leaves
    1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
    1 cup grated parmesan
    Salt/pepper
    Lemon wedge to serve

Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and return to pan. Add all ingredients and toss to combine. Serve with lemon wedge.

Yum!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolute favourite if I have time, home made raviolis stuffed with home made ricotta, fresh herbs and hint of lemon. Served with home made tomato passatta cooked with grated onion and reduced down. Lots of fresh basil and reggionio.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    mine is kind of a take of carbonara.. cook pasta, bacon and mushroom, combine and cook with egg through it. season to taste. so good.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeee View Post
    mine is kind of a take of carbonara.. cook pasta, bacon and mushroom, combine and cook with egg through it. season to taste. so good.
    That's a proper cabornara! Parmasen added also. No cream in real cab.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ohh yum! Subscribing