+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What's your best pasta dish?

Inspire me please

Sick of making the same old same!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wouldnt say the 'best' but for something different I make a dish my Nonna used to always make. Pasta and broccoli.

Cook the broccoli for a few minutes in water so its still firm but not crunchy. Drain, but keep the water. Cook the pasta in the broccoli water then when you drain that keep a small amount just to keep it moist. Add a splash of good Italian olive oil, mix it all together and your done.
    When done right, its delicious! My mum sometimes adds small pieces of cooked bacon just to give it a little something extra

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Macaroni cheese with bacon strips.

Make a white sauce, add cheese and tomato sauce and stir. Mix with macaroni and place in a baking dish. Add strips of bacon on top, a drizzle of tomato sauce and layer of cheese. Put it under the grill until cheese is melted and going a golden colour.

DH loves it, and its the best comfort food

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is our fav cause it's yum and quick !
    Roasted cherry tomato and garlic pasta:
    Preheat oven 180 , cut in half 2 punnets cherry tomatoes, red chili, about 6 cloves of garlic ( smashed) and throw in baking dish with olive oil, salt and pepper and splash of
    balsamic, put in oven for about 20 mins, no need to stir, while that's cooking put your pasta on , when pasta is cooked bring out pan from oven, throw in pasta, add fresh basil and loads of freshly shaved parmesan and it's done! Sometimes if I have green prawns I throw them in the pan ten mins before taking it out or for those who eat bacon you could put that in at the start as well!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Nmgb  (09-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make gnocchi bake, risoni bake, spinach and ricotta canneloni, angel hair pasta with lemon, ricotta and peas, aracini balls (risotto balls), pumpkin, thyme and basil baked risotto.

We eat heaps of pasta/rice. These are all super easy and quick! Let me know if you'd like any of the recipes. Most of them are Donna Hay recipes!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've posted this one before but it really is our favourite at the moment.

Wrap some chicken fillet pieces )that have been spread with some basil pesto) in some prosciutto, pop them in an oven dish with 200ml cream and some tasty cheese (about 100g) and a tsp of cornflour mixed with about 2tsp of cold water.
    Cook for 20mins or so (cover with baking paper), slice the chicken and serve over fettucine, and 100ml of cream (so the rest of the bottle) that's been mixed through with some lemon juice and olive oil.
    Serve with some green beans or rocket etc for a bit of colour
    Yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bg14 View Post
    I make gnocchi bake, risoni bake, spinach and ricotta canneloni, angel hair pasta with lemon, ricotta and peas, aracini balls (risotto balls), pumpkin, thyme and basil baked risotto.

We eat heaps of pasta/rice. These are all super easy and quick! Let me know if you'd like any of the recipes. Most of them are Donna Hay recipes!
    Yum I'd love the angle hair pasta one please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    This is our fav cause it's yum and quick !
    Roasted cherry tomato and garlic pasta:
    Preheat oven 180 , cut in half 2 punnets cherry tomatoes, red chili, about 6 cloves of garlic ( smashed) and throw in baking dish with olive oil, salt and pepper and splash of
    balsamic, put in oven for about 20 mins, no need to stir, while that's cooking put your pasta on , when pasta is cooked bring out pan from oven, throw in pasta, add fresh basil and loads of freshly shaved parmesan and it's done! Sometimes if I have green prawns I throw them in the pan ten mins before taking it out or for those who eat bacon you could put that in at the start as well!
    Mmmmmmmm sound delish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks they all sound great! Keep them coming!