+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    She~Ra is offline Princess Of Power ... (formerly Mumtofive)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Red face How long after a stretch and sweep did labour start?

So im 39 weeks 2 days today, and was offered an internal to see how i am progressing, and also a stretch and sweep, if the conditions were right, of course i happily accepted

As soon as the lovely dr went in, i knew my cervix must have been soft as her hand slid in nicely, and it wasnt at all uncomfortable, she said she gave it a good sweep, and i was already 1cm, and she moved me to 1.5cm.

Ive had a bit of day one af type bleeding, mostly when i wipe, not alot on the pad, i know thats from the cervix being played with, and its getting lighter as the day goes on, so not at all worried.

I also know u can be 1cm for weeks with nothing happening and since this is baby number 6, i could have been at 1cm for ages.

I also know that not all stretch and sweeps work, just keeping my fingers crossed that this one does

Ive had a few cramps, and a braxton, i feel quite relaxed, but at this stage besides feeling like af is on her way, im still playing the labour waiting game.

So to the big questions, how long after a stretch and sweep did you go into labour, how many cm dialted were you when u had it done? Did you bleed and how long for?

Also what did u do or not do after the stretch and sweep that may have or not have helped it work? eg- walking, sitting etc

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    1) how long after a stretch and sweep did you go into labour?
    About 5-6 hours after I had it done I suddenly noticed that the "braxton hicks" I was having were actually regular and strong, just not painful (hence why I hadn't noticed them!)

2) how many cm dialted were you when u had it done?
    My middie said I was already 1cm and she stretched me to 3cm.

3) Did you bleed and how long for?
    A little bit when I wiped, but nothing significant, so maybe a couple of hours?

4) Also what did u do or not do after the stretch and sweep that may have or not have helped it work? eg- walking, sitting etc
    I went for a brisk waddle, but the braxton hicks were too painful trying to walk and I was so breathless, it was all a bit hard so I waddled home! And DH and I DTD and it was hilarious!

you start labouring soon!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

She~Ra  (16-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

With ds1 i was 39wks4days n was 3cm i went a wk later i also lost my bloody show tht whole wk n got lots of bh

Wiyh ds2 i was 40wks1 day n 2cm went inti labour next night n had bub next morning n didnt get bloody show will laboir started

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~*clairesmum*~ For This Useful Post:

She~Ra  (16-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the replies

So far no real braxtons, ive had the odd one, and had a few odd cramps since i had it at 11am today, but nothing since.
    Was hoping she could stretch me further, but either i wasnt ready or she didnt want to, i dont know.

Bubs head was a little bit engaged, she didnt say how far, just said a little bit.

Still having very very light bleeding, but only when i wipe, however i did notice something floating in the toliet bowl, so i did what any sane person would do, i fished it out lol
    It was blood red, and looked more fleshy like, than mucus plug, so im not quite sure what it was, maybe a clot, but was kinda different lol

Baby is still moving nicely too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a stretch and sweep at 40+5 and NOTHING!!! Doc said i was 2 cm when he did it!! I was induced the next day...little bugger was too comfy!! Hehe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

She~Ra  (17-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had one at 40+1. Had blood and some regular contractions afterwards. Eventually induced at 42weeks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

She~Ra  (17-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well i lost half my plug with bloody show at 6.30pm last night, and the remainder at 8.15am today, but alas no braxtons or contractions, or any sign that labour will happen, and bubs is still extreamly active.
    But i feel good, and calm, and as long as the other kids play nice, relaxed lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking this question! We're due on the same day :-) I'm having a stretch and sweep on Tuesday if bubs hasn't come by then. I'm nervous so it's good to hear what others experiences have been. I haven't had a show or anything yet. Nothing really happening to indicate labour is near. I do have strong bh everyday though. Good luck. I hope it's worked for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So to the big questions, how long after a stretch and sweep did you go into labour, a week (had it done at 39+6) how many cm dialted were you when u had it done? 1 Did you bleed and how long for? quite a bit when he first did it (I stood up off the table and it splashed all over the floor, I was really embarrassed), very light for a few hours afterwards

Also what did u do or not do after the stretch and sweep that may have or not have helped it work? eg- walking, sitting etc
    walking, sitting, DTD...

Thanks
    Reviews
    HOw are you today MumtoFive? Any labour signs yet?