+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Cabrini Melbourne & MBF

Hi Everyone,

We're starting our journey on TTC#2 and I've started researching hospitals and like the look of Cabrini. We have private health insurance with MBF and am wondering if anyone else has been with MBF and used Cabrini?

It is saying on MBF that Cabrini is a fixed price participant (we pay a certain amount out of pocket) so just wondering whether anyone new how much this was?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    Just wondering if you ended up going to Cabrini and how you found it? I am 5 weeks and starting the search process for OB and hospital. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WAZ View Post
    Hi there,
    Just wondering if you ended up going to Cabrini and how you found it? I am 5 weeks and starting the search process for OB and hospital. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks
    Hi I had my first Daughter at Cabrini in 09- I loved it there- nurses were great also had a nice Ob who did a great job on my c section!

The hospital is very pro breastfeeding and were very willing to assist to try to get you feeding baby properly.

The rooms are also huge and nice.

Good luck

Mum of a beautiful 2.5 year old little girl & 1 Angel Baby -August 2011 x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

This is my first pregnancy and I am due to move to Melbourne in 6 weeks. By that stage I will be entering my 12th week.

I'm sorry to sound so ignorant, but how do I go about organising where I want to have my baby. Do I just ring the hospital and ask to make an appointment with one of their Obs? Even typing that it looks like a ridiculous question...

Also, does anyone have any other recommendations for Melbourne based hospitals? We'll be living on the western side of town around Point Cook/Altona Meadows?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually you need to figure out what hospital you like, then find an Ob who works there- they usually have lists on their websites. Lots of research, googling and looking at these sorts of sites will help.

Once u find the Ob u like call them, make an appointment and they'll either book the hospital for you, or advise you how to. At 12 weeks you may find it difficult to find an Ob now- but see how you go.

Also- if you are in the west I'm not too sure how many private hospitals are out that way? I know there's the Werribee Mercy- but not sure if that has private, there's also Sunshine hospital- stay away from that one- always has bad reviews. Your best option may be coming into the city to one of the hospitals there?

Mum of a beautiful 2.5 year old little girl & 1 Angel Baby -August 2011 x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaG View Post
    Hi Ladies

This is my first pregnancy and I am due to move to Melbourne in 6 weeks. By that stage I will be entering my 12th week.

I'm sorry to sound so ignorant, but how do I go about organising where I want to have my baby. Do I just ring the hospital and ask to make an appointment with one of their Obs? Even typing that it looks like a ridiculous question...

Also, does anyone have any other recommendations for Melbourne based hospitals? We'll be living on the western side of town around Point Cook/Altona Meadows?

Thanks in advance.
    There are 2 ways, 1) choose your hospital as PP stated and then contact Ob's, or 2) choose your Ob first and find out where they practice. My preferred Ob only works at Frances Perry for example, which made the decision easier! He then took care of the booking with the hospital on my behalf.

I live in Altona and agree with PP, stay away from Sunshine or The Western hospital if you can (plenty of horror stories). Are you wanting public or private?

Werribee Mercy is public but I believe it also has a private section. It doesn't have as many 'private' facilities/luxury as others near city though.

The other main maternity hospitals that are all within 30-40min from Point Cook (not peak hour!) are; Royal Women's (public) and Frances Perry in Parkville, Freemasons Epworth in Richmond and St Vincents in East Melbourne. All of these have great reviews, I can personally vouch for Frances Perry it's also next to the Royal Children's which I liked for peace of mind.

You will need to book in with an Ob right now if wanting private - many of the good ones book out extremely fast as they only take a certain number of patients each month.

PM if you want more info on this side of town

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all that information, ladies. I really appreciate it. Will get organised and ring around tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

Thanks for that, it is always good to hear from someone who has experienced the hospital. I am also considering the South Eastern Private Hospital. The OB's fees there seem to be a fair bit less than those at Cabrini. Has anyone had any experiences there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WAZ View Post
    Hi there,

Thanks for that, it is always good to hear from someone who has experienced the hospital. I am also considering the South Eastern Private Hospital. The OB's fees there seem to be a fair bit less than those at Cabrini. Has anyone had any experiences there?
    Sorry, no experience with that hospital. However from being in the PHI industry I can tell you that Cabrini is one of the dearest private hospitals in Melb. Having said that, my DH was there for a week last year abd care/food was fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have heard lots of good things about FPH & Freemasons. If anyone has experience at either of these hospitals and would feel comfortable sharing their ob's name I would appreciate it. I don't mean to pry so please don't worry if you don't want to share. I'd prefer a female ob but understand it's going to be a matter of who I can get in with as well.