+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default woy woy area?

Hello!

We are new to Australia, currently in Hornsby but thinking of moving to Woy Woy.

We don't know the area so I'm hoping to get advice on safety, friendliness, raising a family, etc!

We have 2 girls,an 18 month old and a 4 year old starting school next year.

Any advice would be great! Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suggest you go fir a drive and have a look for yourself, I personally hate it down that way of the coast, I much prefer Killarney vale ( which is where I am)

Thanks
    Reviews
    argh, my previous comment just got swallowed. Anyway, we're also newish to OZ, been here for 6yrs. We just moved to Kariong and really like it so far. Good value for money, quiet but I can still walk to shops, medical centre, and a nice park. Lovely preschool here as well. They also have a primary, and now a high school. Don't know much about Woy Woy though.
    We have a 3 and 1 year old, and they both love the space they have all of a sudden! We've moved up here from the Northern Beaches, where my husband still works. But we found Kariong was still close enough to Sydney that he can commute.
    Cheers
    Uli

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use to live on the peninsula (umina) and loved it, I grew up there but moved to east gosford a few years ago. Like a previous poster said you would be best to go for a drive around to see for yourself. Woy woy is quite heavily populated but there is a large youth community in the area if you are looking for that kind of thing. They have lovely beaches though and pretty much everything else you need on the peninsula. Personally I don't like Killarney vale but that's just me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm at Kanwal on the central coast. But have friends and family who live down that way. I don't mind Woy Woy, but I don't think I would choose to live there. Maybe a surrounding suburb instead?

Thanks
    Reviews
    im no far from woy woy and i wouldnt choose that area i would look around more there alot of nicer area's close to woy woy
    im at kincumber and its so much nicer then woy woy there is a beautiful public school my boys are going into yr 2 and 1 and they teachers are lovely and so helpful a high school heaps of preschool's a little shopping centre (coles, fruit shop, butcher, newsagent, chemist, bakery,and other shops) and its such a quiet area

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i have lived all over the coast...i would look towards Umina Beach and Ettalong over Woy Woy. Both have good facilities and nice schools.

Are you looking at Woy Woy due to the ease of travel to Sydney?