Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very eye opening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for bumping this up!

A very timely reminder as this exact thing happened to ds2 (3yo) on the weekend. 4 adults and 4 kids in my parents pool and ds2 managed to slip under the water without anyone realising straight away. Luckily dh grabbed him before the worst happened. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened and I am so so so thankful that it was a happy outcome in our case!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great read, so scary.

*Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ditto... happened to my niece on holiday last year. She was playing in front of us by the pool and quietly slipped back into the water without her arm bands. Three of us didn't notice until, thankfully, my husband, who was in the water, grabbed her, she was right under, and lifted her out of the water. Such a close call. Made me realise that drowning can be silent and quick. So so scary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great reminder, especially during this heatwave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I know this is an old post but my first reaction was not to say "omg its an amazing article, everyone needs to hear about this." It was to say "pull your finger out parents and watch your kids properly."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Either way does it matter VicPark??? If it makes someone read it it has potential to save a child's (or adults) life. It's a wake up to everyone, even the super vigilant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I know this is an old post but my first reaction was not to say "omg its an amazing article, everyone needs to hear about this." It was to say "pull your finger out parents and watch your kids properly."
    Did you read the article? A high number of drownings occur while the parents are actual looking at the child, but not realising the child is actually drowning. The article is written to help explain to parents that drowning doesn't look like what you would expect.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Everybody does need to hear about the reality of kids drowning compared with their perception of a kid screaming or thrashing for help.

I don't know a family that has lost a child from drowning but I have heard from 2 separate families with pools of close calls when a child has gone under and no one has noticed while there are adults supervising in the pool.

At my house I watch children playing in my pool by walking around so I'm at an elevated level.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast