Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thankyou

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingup****** View Post
    Very true. Thank you for that. We often don't know how silent it can be to drown. This is why children need to learn water safety as well as how to swim to save themselves and also why they should NEVER be allowed to swim alone before their teen years. Even then they should only be allowed if they can swim well.
    I agree that supervision of children around water is absolutely paramount. But the Instinctive Drowning Response happens in adults too.

Quote Originally Posted by poschgem View Post
    Thankyou
    No worries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember posting this on my fb last year re-posted off a friend who's daughter almost drowned at swimming lessons and need resuscitation
    I was shocked and scared when I read it the first time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This should go into the Bounty Bags they give you at your first hospital visit...

Thanks for sharing...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daydream Believer For This Useful Post:

mummaof4  (13-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tam for posting this.

I did know that this is what drowning usually is, but I learnt that and have seen a few people almost drown like this. Our parents had a pool and they knew about this too and my Mum always said that if we are not making noise that is when she is worried etc.

I am glad you posted this though, because my husband just does not get it, no matter how many times I try to explain to him.

A story on adult drowning... I was at a pool when I was younger and a man was swimming laps and then he stopped and just sunk... the lifeguards there thought that he was just doing that on purpose, but 11 and 13 year old siblings just went and pulled him up (not easy to pull a full grown man full of water to the surface). He was unconsious. Apparently nothing else happen, not heart attack etc, he had just almost drowned because he was so tired, didn't realise how tired he was and when he tried to lift his arms and head out of the water he couldn't and then he drew a breath of water against his will and sunk. That story reminds me to always leave the water if I feel tired too. Fatigue in the water can really catch you off guard.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyLittleTootsies For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. Have posted to fb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Thank you
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thankyou i posted to FB

This qote is stuck in my mind especially the bolded bit.

of the approximately 750 children who will drown next year, about 375 of them will do so within 25 yards of a parent or other adult. In ten percent of those drownings, the adult will actually watch them do it, having no idea it is happening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you, will pass along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing.

This is why those fake/reality shows shouldn't be happening like Bondi Resuce

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast