+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My girlfriend just got the Motorola Video Baby Monitor (http://shop.bigpond.com/Product.asp?...tail&ID=169391) she hasn't used it but she choose it after 'lots' of research.
    I just have the basic no video monitor, but after seeing hers I wish I had a video one. It's great for them as they live in a 3 story house, their bedroom is the top level and bubs is on the ground level.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard a couple of people say they've got the Motorola. It sounds great and has good reviews.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you have an iPhone, get an iBaby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been stalking this thread as I want a video monitor too... was a bit sold on the touch pad luvion one, but that iBaby looks awesome!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never heard of an ibaby! Off to see what the go is...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I ended up getting the Oricom sc700 and we love it! We wanted the iBaby, but it wasn't released at the time, so the Oricom it was .

It is annoying how it beeps when you turn it on for both units. That's an issue when you put bubs down, only to realise you forgot to put the video monitor in the room (eg. when on holidays/etc), but the beep is yet to wake her when we do this. The beep on the parent unit is more annoying. Cause I turn the monitor off when I get up overnight to feed bubs, but then when I come back to bed it beeps when I turn it on, so it causes more noise, making it even more likely that my poor dh will wake up. It does also turn the screen on sometimes (most of the time) when I put the parent unit in it's charger (eg. overnight), so it lights up the whole room and transmit noise (eg. noise of the fan in bubs room) which is a little annoying. I'm quite blind (usually wear glasses) so I have to pick up the monitor from it's charging base & put it quite close to my face overnight to see if bubs is actually awake, hence the need to move it on & off it's base.

But, do I love it? Yes, I do, despite it's faults. Having a video monitor is SO much better than a sound only monitor and has given me a lot more peace of mind, especially as my bub is extremely active and gets all around her cot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't have baby monitors as such, but in each girls' room there is a camera which we can watch on the iPad, iPhone or computer and also log in remotely! They are awesome! If you want more info, I can get all the details for you tomorrow - think they were about 100 bucks each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    If you have an iPhone, get an iBaby.
    Got all excited about it, and told DP but he thinks it will be transmitted over a phone or internet connection - is this true?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelLexiesmum View Post
    Got all excited about it, and told DP but he thinks it will be transmitted over a phone or internet connection - is this true?
    Not true, it works through a wifi network in your home, but you can also use 3G to check on baby if you're out and you have a babysitter or something, but it doesn't require Internet, just a wifi network within your home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
    we have the Uniden baby monitor. we paid $140 for it but i think it retails for $200. anyhoo, both the parents and the baby's set is wireless so you can carry it around. you can adjust the sound, the viewing screen is huge and very clear. you can also adjust the screen brightness and its recordable so if you wanted to record a whole night's sleep, you can do so. it's perfect IMO.

http://www.deals2u.com.au/Uniden-UWS...al-P20724.aspx
    Got a uniden as well. It also has a zoom function, around 10 volume levels and pretty good quality picture. I love mine and paid about $150