+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we have the Uniden baby monitor. we paid $140 for it but i think it retails for $200. anyhoo, both the parents and the baby's set is wireless so you can carry it around. you can adjust the sound, the viewing screen is huge and very clear. you can also adjust the screen brightness and its recordable so if you wanted to record a whole night's sleep, you can do so. it's perfect IMO.

http://www.deals2u.com.au/Uniden-UWS...al-P20724.aspx

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post
    Thanks everyone.

A couple of logistical questions:
    1. Do the monitors have an option to be just sound instead of video + sound, so that you don't have the bright screen on in your room all night?
    2. Do any of the monitors have a sensitivity adjuster at the baby end? I don't want to hear every tiny sniffle as it will wake me up, eventhough bubs doesn't actually need me.
    3. Can you put the monitor in your pocket & carry it around or does that end up touching buttons/etc that you don't want to touch?

Thanks!
    We have the swann baby video monitor and it's great. Baby unit can work on batteries if you're away from home and can't reach a powerpoint. You can switch the video off so it's only activated when a significant noise happens. We have 'wave' music on all night and that doesn't set it off. The screen brightness can be adjusted, it can play music and has a belt clip which flips round to become a stand.
    Think it cost about $200. I did buy a $100 one first which claimed to have zero interference but was terrible. The only interference I've found with this is when I've had it sitting right next to the microwave.
    Have fun shopping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post
    Thanks everyone.

A couple of logistical questions:
    1. Do the monitors have an option to be just sound instead of video + sound, so that you don't have the bright screen on in your room all night?
    2. Do any of the monitors have a sensitivity adjuster at the baby end? I don't want to hear every tiny sniffle as it will wake me up, eventhough bubs doesn't actually need me.
    3. Can you put the monitor in your pocket & carry it around or does that end up touching buttons/etc that you don't want to touch?

Thanks!
    Yes the Luvion has an option for just sound and the screen turns on if it hears anything. You can adjust the sensitivity on both the parent and baby units. And yes you can carry it around in your pocket, the buttons don't seem to be that sensitive, I can't imagine buttons being pressed accidentally, certainly couldn't turn it off accidentally as the button for that is a little switch on the side.
    So far I am really happy with it. Im away at the moment and am using it and its great to see what my 18month old is doing in his sleep, he is so restless i didnt realise - no wonder he wakes up so many times a night!!
    Picture for day is clear and coloured and at night is clear to (obviously not in colour at night).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one from **** Smiths it was $129 and we love it here!
    Good pic and sound quality with minimal interference.
    Has a good contrast which is adjustable on the video with 3 different channels.
    Good sound quality too and good control over both.
    Think it's great value for money and put having a video monitor within reach at that price too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoleE View Post
    Yes the Luvion has an option for just sound and the screen turns on if it hears anything. You can adjust the sensitivity on both the parent and baby units. And yes you can carry it around in your pocket, the buttons don't seem to be that sensitive, I can't imagine buttons being pressed accidentally, certainly couldn't turn it off accidentally as the button for that is a little switch on the side.
    So far I am really happy with it. Im away at the moment and am using it and its great to see what my 18month old is doing in his sleep, he is so restless i didnt realise - no wonder he wakes up so many times a night!!
    Picture for day is clear and coloured and at night is clear to (obviously not in colour at night).
    Are you still happy with your Luvion, NicoleE? I'm looking at a different model (Platinum 2) but assume they're quite similar across the range, although yours is prob a bit fancier than the one I'm curious about.

Am interested to know whether the buttons on yours audibly beep when you press them, or if it beeps when you turn it off and on? Many thanks for any feedback!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Summer Infant video monitors got such good reviews that I ordered one from Amazon UK. It was about $220 with shipping.

It's fantastic. It has a color touch screen parent unit. The touch screen is only active when you have the video on so you don't accidentally press those buttons. It has several different volume and sensitivity levels. The camera is adjustable from the parent unit and can also zoom - so if your child moves around you can follow. You also have the option of adding additional cameras if you have two small children in different rooms and want to keep an eye on both. It can operate on batteries and connect directly to the power outlet.

We've been using it for the past few months and love it. I would highly recommend it. They have lots of models at different price points and can get very cheap for a basic unit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004...5424434&sr=8-1

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Windupbird For This Useful Post:

Joye  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joye View Post
    Are you still happy with your Luvion, NicoleE? I'm looking at a different model (Platinum 2) but assume they're quite similar across the range, although yours is prob a bit fancier than the one I'm curious about.

Am interested to know whether the buttons on yours audibly beep when you press them, or if it beeps when you turn it off and on? Many thanks for any feedback!
    Sorry only just saw this post. I am still happy with it. I love video monitors especially the large screen on this one, I wouldn't get one with a small screen. I haven't had any problems with the units at all.
    The child unit doesn't beep at all. The parent unit beeps when any Menu buttons are pushed (not when you turn it on). I haven't found any problems with this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoleE For This Useful Post:

Joye  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry only just saw this post. I am still happy with it. I love video monitors especially the large screen on this one, I wouldn't get one with a small screen. I haven't had any problems with the units at all.
    The child unit doesn't beep at all. The parent unit beeps when any Menu buttons are pushed (not when you turn it on). I haven't found any problems with this.
    Thanks NicoleE for your reply. Glad to hear you're still happy with it! I did approach the company selling them to get more info but have been unable to elicit a response from them, so I appreciate your answer.

Is there much need to press the menu button during day-to-day use, or is it more a case of, you set it up and get the menu how you want it, then just turn it on and off as needed? Just don't want to have something that beeps in the middle of the night in our room so the other adult gets woken up while catching some well-earned rest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hardly ever use the menu option.
    Are you having troubles with www.babymonitorsdirect.com? I found them really good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hardly ever use the menu option.
    Are you having troubles with www.babymonitorsdirect.com? I found them really good.
    Thanks NicoleE, good to know you hardly ever use the menu.

Yes, I was trying to contact www.babymonitorsdirect.com.au using the contact form on their website but haven't been able to get a response from them - will persist though if they're actually a legit business - maybe calling is a better option but it's so hard to find the chance to call.