+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    the funniest one was when a boy (about 5) was shouting at the top of his voice "mum, that baby has only got one hand... MUM THAT BABY ONLY HAS ONE HAND" while pointing and staring. The mum says "Don't be so ridicoulous of course the baby has got two hands" and I then had to tell her that no her son was absolutely correct. We then had a lengthy conversation about "but why", whether she would still only have one hand when she was a lady, how she would eat food etc.
    The mum was VERY embarrassed and ended up dragging him away when he announced "but if she can't eat food she MIGHT DIE"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kar For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    maybe someone will come on and post that story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When DS was almost 3 there was a dwarf (again, I hope thats not an offensive term like a PP) working up on a ladder in a supermarket, and DS yelled out "mum look! A little big man!". I thought that was quite clever of him really, but I was a tad embarrassed, and turned the trolley around to go down another isle. I did tell him that he is correct. I know I did the wrong thing by turning around, but sometimes you don't think at the time.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I have a couple of moments, I have shared before so sorry to repeat. My oldest son, about four, when a rather large lady sat opposite us on the train. She had a very short hair cut, and her face was rather round. My son tells me, Mummy she has a circle face. It was absolutley true, her face did make a circle, My face went red. Again on the train, with my three little ones, we go past Boggo Rd Goal (Jail) One of my daughters says, That is where daddy was born,!! This came from a joke from my FIL, that they had to remember right then. Another moment, at the shopping center, the girls were about three, and there was a drawf. The girls called him a "little daddy". That was not too bad, I wasnt too embarassed, at least they acknowledged that he was a man, just very short, but why did we have to keep seeing him in Every aisle as we went through the shopping. After about a dozen times, " there's the little daddy" it did get embarassing. One more story, at Mass, in a church that I had not ever been before, after the communion, when everyone is just having quite prayer, my daughter about two years old, starts to sing the Beer commercial song. "I can feel a XXXX coming on";. For those who are not Qlders, the brand of beer is Four X, (i belive it is a brand of condoms in the UK ) kids are such fun. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS1 has given me so many embarrassing moments! One I always remember is when he was a toddler he couldn't say "doodle", he actually called it "daddy". In line at the supermarket one day, a cyclist was standing in line next to us with his bike shorts on and DS goes right up so he is touching him and points to his groin yelling "LOOK MUM, DADDY DADDY!" The man looked very uncomfortable and shocked but at least I could say, "no silly! Thats not daddy!" and quickly changed the subject as he tried to explain what he meant!

Same DS also went up to a large lady in the supermarket at about age 2 and said "Daddy, look at that big fat MAN!" while pointing at her stomach. Big fat lady would have been horrifying enough. Poor DH had to deal with that one alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh, if my child is anything like me I will be very scared!

When I was about 3, Dad took me on a train trip to Sydney to visit the zoo, leaving Mum at home with my 6 month old little brother. I was having big old chats to these 2 old ladies in the seat behind us. They asked me where I was going, to which I replied "I'm going to Sydney because my Mummy died". These poor old ladies were so sad, Dad had to explain to them that is wasn't the case. Then, after hurting my bottom from jumping up and down on the seat, I asked the ladies if they had a bottom too?

I really wonder where toddlers get these ideas into their heads!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, last night I was reading everyones stories and today I had my own, my dd is 3yo and we were in the waiting room of the dr surgery, she randomly tells me that she has a flossy(the name we use for vagina) and daddy has a willy! And lily and you have a flossy! Yes bubby, quicky changed convo!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whilst standing in the line for the post office my DD (about 3 at the time) started waving to the person behind me and saying "Hi Jeff"... I turn around to see an incredibly puzzled asian man, he did ask me what she was saying and I mumbled something about not knowing I didn't want to explain that my DD thinks he was from the wiggles

When I was little my Dad took me to the footy, we made a toilet stop and I must of gone into the mens with him because the next day whilst out shopping for shoes I loudly told the sales woman "My Daddy pees on the wall"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Danni~ For This Useful Post:

Lulu56  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are so funny dd (2) calls wind poor poors and has been saying "mummy, daddy poor poors" and waves her hand in front of her nose

My family member just recently had a baby and the child nurse came to visit. Her son (3) decided to strip off all if his clothes and proceeded to tell the nurse about how his "doodle won't go down!!" thankfully the nurse was very understanding and able to change his mind

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi, I have a couple of moments, I have shared before so sorry to repeat. My oldest son, about four, when a rather large lady sat opposite us on the train. She had a very short hair cut, and her face was rather round. My son tells me, Mummy she has a circle face. It was absolutley true, her face did make a circle, My face went red. Again on the train, with my three little ones, we go past Boggo Rd Goal (Jail) One of my daughters says, That is where daddy was born,!! This came from a joke from my FIL, that they had to remember right then. Another moment, at the shopping center, the girls were about three, and there was a drawf. The girls called him a "little daddy". That was not too bad, I wasnt too embarassed, at least they acknowledged that he was a man, just very short, but why did we have to keep seeing him in Every aisle as we went through the shopping. After about a dozen times, " there's the little daddy" it did get embarassing. One more story, at Mass, in a church that I had not ever been before, after the communion, when everyone is just having quite prayer, my daughter about two years old, starts to sing the Beer commercial song. "I can feel a XXXX coming on";. For those who are not Qlders, the brand of beer is Four X, (i belive it is a brand of condoms in the UK ) kids are such fun. Marie.
    When I read the XXXX one, I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself!