+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How bout

"Excuse me, what's wrong with your face' to a checkout lady with facial burns/acne.

"excuse me, why are you SOOO fat?' to an obese shopper.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG boobychino re:hits me till I bleed!

My neice was begging for a Lolly, I said no no no. Then when at the checkout she comes out with "do you have any food?"
    Checkout lady smiling 'no sorry honey'
    Neice 'im hungry my mum doesn't feed me'
    I almost passed out with embarrassment
    Me 'you just had 2 sandwiches AND a banana before we came!'
    Neice 'no I didn't'
    Ive never left a shop so quick

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, don't be embarrassed. As the mum of a child with a missing hand I can absolutely assure you that I don't get offended by toddlers who ask questions about it, comment on it etc. I DO always feel very sorry for their mortified parents!
    And, I don;t think it;'s rude at all, just a kid making an observation. My preferred resposne from parents, and the one I give is "yes that's right, her hand is very small/missing/no fingers" inevitable "why" "because we are not all the same". If it's me doing the explaining I say "she was just born that way, we don;t know why, but she is fine".
    Last edited by kar; 08-06-2011 at 10:04.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kar For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (12-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister was very heavily pregnant and went to a busy public loo and took my niece who was about 2 1/2 in with her. Because she was so close to term my sis had decided to do some 'maintenance'. Anyways, my niece started to yell out " mummy theres hair on your twinkle and some of it's falling off". She was very embarassed!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

Lulu56  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was freakin' horrible for public shaming!! I'm so glad he is old enough to know better!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a dwarf and santa story!

We were in a store and a small lady was sweeping up..DS, at the top of his lungs "Mummy! Look at that fat little man!" My heart stopped, I went beet red and took off!

Another time I was getting the kids out of the car in front of a Turkish restaurant in a highly populated Muslim area... DS spotted a muslim man with a looong white bear who was wearing red!! I was attempting to get a roughly 8 month old DD out of her seat when DS took off screaming "Santa! Santa!" I don't think he understood English because he barely reacted to DS who managed to get right up to the table!

Or the time a homeless woman entered a over crowded public toilet during a PBC expo, and DS started saying "Mum, that lady STINKS...peeeewww she smells so bad! She can wash herself at the taps can't she?"
    Cue quiet giggles from the other Mums. DS starts again "She smells bad! Why is she so dirty Mum? Doesn't she have a bath?"
    By this stage Im damn near crying from shame, I picked him up and off I went! I figured it was much better for me if he just peed himself

Don't get me started on the fat stories either! So so so many of those!
    Worst one was when Ex was filling the car with petrol on a hot day. A lady pulled up beside us (passenger side of course!) DS was behind me, DD behind ex.
    All the windows were down naturally when I hear "That lady is pregnant Mum, LOOK! I think she is having TWINS!" She was not pregnant Then a few more lovely quips and comments while I tried unsuccessfully to shush him as I had nowhere to run or hide DD of course was laughing at her big brother which only encouraged him

greengables is offline love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.. love never fails.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there
    I must admit my kids have become good with knowing not to yell out embarrassing observations about other people...

They are still very funny though - they were playing dolls and barrel-o-monkies yesterday. I walked in and DD was saying

"C'mon! You don't want to miss the wedding! Don't worry I put the monkies in jail"

Classic and so random

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&MrMagoo View Post
    Ds doesn't talk yet but I know he'll come out with some corkers ...

His latest is to pull my top down, bury his head in my ample breasts, and shake his head from side to side ...

I can just imagine what he'll be like when he can ask for it!!

Haha! Motorboat!

I got my first big moment on monday! we were at a fodd court, waiting for a sandwich and in front of us was a girl about 17 and VERY pregnant and DD said- "mummy, she having lunch too?" and i said, "yea babe," then the girl tunred around and smiled at DD and DD goes "yea, she got a BIG fat tummy!" i said, "well, its because she has a baby in there" and by now the girl was looking at us still, and DD goes "you have a baby mummy?" and in the blink of an eye LIFTED my dress up! i had my wallet and phone in my hands to so had to do this akward little jump to try get it down again LOL
    The girl in line laughed and saw the funny side.

Fast forward about 3 mins later we are sitting down to eat and pregnant girl is about 6 tables away when a man starts talking over the PA system and dd SCREAMS in her direction- "HEY!CAN YOU HEAR THE SNOTTY MAN? SNOT MANS GONNA GET ME!!"this is because last time we were at shops i told her it was the bogey man lol and it mustve stuck in her brain but now its the snot man.
    she is just so noisy in public places!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyGuts For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol - Jasper motor boats too... Eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My son kept referring to his little Asian Kindy friend as his "brown friend" !

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kar, I'll try and keep that tip in mine.

I'm loving all of these stories everyone. Eleveated some of my embarrassment.

Sorry, I'm iPhone-lexic