+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Roll Call -

Hi Ladies

I know there's an intro thread, but the idea of this is to share your name, where you live, how old you are, how many kids you have etc etc.

Only if you want to of course. Some people prefer anonymity which is very understandable

Sent from my i (couldn't live without it) Phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm Kieran, but my friends call me Kiz (sounds less like a guy's name then!). I'm turning 30 (on Tuesday dammit). I have Kai who is 3 and Bree who I'm sure you know all about by now!! We live in Nth Qld in a little area about an hour and a half from Townsville on a cane farm.

Next...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi
    Im Peta, 24, single mum to miss Alex (Alexandra) who is 4, turning 5 in July !
    I used to be on BH all the time, and it's been ages since I last visited, but Im back.
    We've not long moved from Central QLD to Maryborough, closer to Brisbane and heaps more services here.

Alex is doing great, talking and eating, about to have her button removed, and about to be diagnosed with autism (which will be great for her, in terms of funding and services and people understanding her).
    She has a colourful history involving her heart, aiways, gut, ears etc etc blah blah blah

Next...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kiz, great idea, sometimes it gets a bit tiresome trolling through old posts.

I'm Leanne, I'm ::cough::46::cough:: and I live in SE Melbourne with 3 of my 5 kids and my darling husband.

My oldest daughter is 28, married with 3 kids of her own. (living in Qld)

My oldest son is almost 22, he has an intellectual disability and a whole host of other issues. He's just recently moved out to live with some mates and causes me no end of worry.
    My middle daughter is 16 next weekend.
    My youngest son is 7 (in 3 weeks) and suffers severe headaches which we are having endless testing done to find a reason.
    Then there's my youngest Leacie who just turned 5 last weekend. She has spastic quad CP of no known origin. She's incredibly bright and has no speech issues but her poor little body is a level 4 on the GMFCS.

At the moment Leacie has a nasty cold that is giving us some grief with temps that don't like to respond to paracetamol and ibuprofen, difficulty coughing up the phlegm because of the low tone in her trunk, she's has quite a blue tinge around her mouth/nose and eyes, and she just wants to sit and do nothing and eat nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sue here....33
    I have 2 boys. If you need to know anything just ask my nearly 10 year old Jake cause he knows everything apparently. he was born with unknown hypotonia. it ment physio, speech yadiddada. The only lasting effects is his mouth has been a bit deformed and will require fixing as soon as all his teeth come thru. He was also born with a big head and they werent sure of what the 2 ment together and that he might be a little intellectually disabled but turns out he is a bright little spark.
    Kane is 4, he was born with airways prblems seizures and is a little hyperactive but i dont want to label or try label him with ADHD yet. he attends EI school for being slow,in speech, fine motor skills, and low attention span. will be going main****** to preppy next year with a little extra help.
    ummmm we live on a little island off the coast of brisbane
    Kiz, sounds like you live near where we were going to move. We had a contract on a house in brandon a few yrs ago but fell thru. we still go up when we can for fishing (roll eyes icon) and to see FIL at Home hill

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Sue, we live just out of Home Hill!! Who's ur FIL? And do u live on Bribie or Moreton by any chance?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Fil lives sort of near post office but on other side of main road, near a nursing home. Ce.cil Moun.t with wife judy.

We live on a southern moreton bay island called macleay island. if we squint on a good day you can just see moreton island lol. closer to north straddie thats across bay from us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm Sarah, 28 next month and live in semi rural vic about an hour and half from melbourne. Ashton is 19 months old and my first bub.
    Poor Ash has an extensive medical and other history- born prem (8 weeks early), has epilepsy, hypotonia, ex tube fed, global developmental delay, bilateral hearing loss, eye issues (nystagmus/strabimus), MRI changes (white matter loss and hypoplasia of the corpus callosum), no offical diagnosis yet despite a myrad of testing- maybe labelled CP for funding reason (for therapy and what not).
    Just started with a new physio and he is responding well to this, still got lots of other sensory issues we are trying to address as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi New here.

I'm Meg I'm from Newcastle NSW I'm 29 yrs old I have 1 son who is 6 yrs old (7 in August) who has generic panhypopitiutism septo optic dysplasia Autism Global developmental delay and sensory processing disorder.