+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a m/c 2 days ago at 5wks+3 days and asked the doctor when it was best to start trying again. She said that with early miscarriages most doctors would suggest waiting another cycle so they could have more accurate dates etc but otherwise straight away is fine. I am happy to ttc asap.

My hcg level the day after the bleeding was 22. I wonder when the hormones will get down to 0. Does anyone know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry for your loss.

I had an early MC, and was advised not to get preg again due to my weight, BUT that same OB in that same appointment, also gave me metformin and said it would help me ovulate as i had some impaired glucose levels and he thought i could have PCOS.

Long story short, We started TTC straight away, i was emotionally ready and didnt like that OB. Good news is, i got 1 AF after my natural MC, and now have a 10mnth old, perfect little boy

I believe they advise the gap for emotional reasons, and also for your body to go back to normal (loose all hcg, and if u were far enough along, for your uterus to go back to normal size)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Mummy2MissA  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they like women to wait a cycle or two so they can get a better grasp on dates for future pregnancies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw my sister fell pregnant 2.5 wks after her miscarriage and is about 33 wks pregnant now so I know that it is definitely possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just been through a miscarriage and plan to start straight away. The doctor at the hospital told us to try when we are ready with no recommended waiting periods. The early pregnancy clinic pamplet said to wait a cycle. Yet there are so many success stories of babies conceived straight after without issues. I guess it is what you are comfortable with providing the body has healed.