+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default TTC after miscarriage

So, I know it's probably too early to be thinking about this but I need some light at the end of the tunnel. I lost my bubba at 5 weeks (1 week ago) and had a natural miscarriage no D&C required. The obs in emergency told me I should wait 2 cycles before TTC again. Why is this?

My DH and I have discussed it and we are desperate to try again. We really want another baby and a close age gap between DD1 and our next baby. We would like to try again after my next period.

I am looking for some positive stories about TTC after miscarriage. Did anyone successfully get pregnant and carry after only one cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i have no advise sorry

i would just like to know as well i lost my baby girl a week ago and dh would like us to try again, i was never told to wait by the hosiptal actully they didnt say anything about how long i should wait before trying again tho in the book they gave me they said it takes 2 months b4 your cycle is ready and your body is healed unless you had trouble so mayb thats why im sorry for your loss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyLip View Post
    So, I know it's probably too early to be thinking about this but I need some light at the end of the tunnel. I lost my bubba at 5 weeks (1 week ago) and had a natural miscarriage no D&C required. The obs in emergency told me I should wait 2 cycles before TTC again. Why is this?

My DH and I have discussed it and we are desperate to try again. We really want another baby and a close age gap between DD1 and our next baby. We would like to try again after my next period.

I am looking for some positive stories about TTC after miscarriage. Did anyone successfully get pregnant and carry after only one cycle?
    each of my children were after a miscarriage i didnt even wait for a period back,mainly cause i didnt know you had to?!the girls are all healthy.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deany For This Useful Post:

krystlesoreilly  (16-07-2012),MummyLip  (03-06-2011),upsanddowns  (03-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies i am sorry for your losses

I have the same questions. I had a D&C and both my GP and OB said when i am ready we can start trying.

Just cant waiting for my body to give me the signs so we can start.

We lost our 1st bub 8 weeks ago and i had a few compliations after my D&C due to my body miscarring a second baby in the follopian tube we didnt know about.

I have heard that you are most fertile after a m/c??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a d&c may last year, and fell pregnant before af returned, sadly I had another m/c natural this time.. I waited a couple of cycles and am now 30 weeks pregnant.. I would wait one cycle and then start trying just so you can be more on track with ovulating and dates.. I no the frustration of wanting to try again.. Best of luck and wishing you a bfp soon'.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lealea79 For This Useful Post:

MummyLip  (03-06-2011)

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I don't have much advice as I am in the same boat.

We lost out baby nealry 2 weeks ago at 9 weeks and I did have a D&C but prior to the op we asked when we would be able to try again, and they told us 3 cycles.

I've pretty much heard every doctor says different since being on this part of the forum. I still have spotting and a bit of bleeding everyday at the moment, so I am not sure when my first AF will arrive.

We have decided we will try after my first cycle. To get everything to build back up again and my hormone levels to settle a little.

I think everyone is different, and it will be a combination of when you feel emotionally ready and physically ready, I don't really think there is a definate answer, but I wish you goodluck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    im in the same boat and ive had 3 differnt answers frm 3 different drs one told me i could try again right away, ones said wait one cycle so you would know roughly whenyou were ovulating and one said wait 6 months o.O

I think its up to the individual and how you feel. im personaly going to try while we are on a holiday in bali tha i booked this week after finding out i lost our baby. so thats over a month away

I suggest go with your heart

Fali
    -xx-

Thanks
    Reviews
    After each of my losses - a stillbirth at 24 weeks, an early MC at 6 weeks and an ectopic at 6.5 weeks (all completely unrelated) my OB suggested I may like to take some time "emotionally", but there was no physical reason or need to wait to TTC, as once my levels were back down, I'd ovulate a couple of weeks later and then would get AF a couple of weeks after that. She also assured me it would not be harmful physically if I got pregnant straight away...of course these were my individual circumstances/advice, I realise everyone is different.
    Personally I waited one AF just to know where I was at. As others have said, go for it when you both feel ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm going to end up needing a D&C and am very worried that they will tell us to wait for 3 cycles+. I know 3 months isn't that bad in the long run but I think most of you would be the same as me and think it feels like an eternity while waiting to TTC again.

I don't plan to go back on the pill and am still taking my folate tablets. We will probably just wait for my first AF to start trying again. I hope Doc doesn't say different as I wont know what to do. I don't think there is any evidence to show that it is bad to start straight away if you didn't have complications? But if GP tells us to wait and we don't and something went wrong with pregnancy no2 I think I'd feel alot of guilt.

Going to chat with my GP about it today. I am lucky as I know his wife went through the same thing a few years ago so I have a GP that will understand what it is like first hand.

Wish you all the best for when you start the TTC journey again. Hope to see some of you in the TTC threads and eventually due dates!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so your body has a little time to get back to "baseline" levels with all hormones etc out of your system, and so that you know your LMP dates etc.

I am having my 2nd mc at the moment but think I will try again straight away as I can't justify wasting any more little eggs. It's so hard emotionally but if it works then it is all worth it!

I had my first mc in 2009 and had a successful conception & pregnancy 2mths later, but that was via FET through IVF.

Other than that I can't offer any advice only wish everyone good luck and hopefully we will all be belly buddies soon x

***How's my spelling? Call 1800 iPhone***

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pajamarama For This Useful Post:

MummyLip  (07-06-2011)