+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Just finished reading through quite a lot of the posts about PCOS. Just realised I am not the only one having issues.
    I am Rebecca (Becky), I am new here, Im 27 and I too am a PCOS sufferer. I have never been pregnant, despite not been on any birth control for 4 years since hubby and I got married. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago, mainly because of my lack of AF. (about every 5-6 months). My hubby and I decided to get serious about TTC just over a year ago. We went and saw a FS, and he told me to loose 10kg then go back and see him. I saw him again in May this year after loosing 20kg, and he put me on Clomid straight away. have responded well to clomid, and I am now at the end of my 3rd cycle, and I have high hopes in the near future.
    It is great to read all the threads in here, makes me feel a little bit more positive that something might happen, also helps in knowing that i am not the only one.
    Good luck to all the couples out there, and i am looking forward to sharing all of the good times (and the bad) with people who understand what I am going through.

Becky. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by familyplanner961 View Post
    LOL wish my man was willing to do the baby dancing everyday.
    I think he would burn out if we did it everyday.
    something that might help your man, give him Zinc tablets. I started my hubby on them about 2 weeks ago.. he was struggling to go every day over my ovulation days.. now i can barely keep him off me! he is having dreams about sex, and we are now enjoying the BD about 10 times a week! worth a try!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beckybooboo For This Useful Post:

familyplanner961  (16-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maria and Becky!!!

Maria - I have no ideas on how to regulate your cycle, I too am a healthy weight and did fine with the GTT, but unable to get AF on a semi-regualr basis. You can certainly TTC naturally but if your periods remain 6 months apart, you might only O 2 times between now and next July, (or you might O more or maybe not at all).... who knows? I hope you come up with some ideas that work for you if you aren't ready to see a FS yet. At the very least (if you haven't already) you can go to your GP for a preconception check-up to make sure you have all the required immunities, start taking folate and iodine etc etc.

Becky - Congrats on lossing 20kg!!! Good effort! I'd be really interested to hear more about your clomid experience... what mg did you take? How do you know it was working? As in, were you monitored, or did you use OPKs or something? Did you have any s/e? This is my first cycle on 50mg (CD12) and I am totally crazy on it!! I am not sure yet it I will ovulate am waiting for the nurses to call and tell me when i have my next san, or blood test or whatever....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becky - Congrats on lossing 20kg!!! Good effort! I'd be really interested to hear more about your clomid experience... what mg did you take? How do you know it was working? As in, were you monitored, or did you use OPKs or something? Did you have any s/e? This is my first cycle on 50mg (CD12) and I am totally crazy on it!! I am not sure yet it I will ovulate am waiting for the nurses to call and tell me when i have my next san, or blood test or whatever....[/QUOTE]

Hi Nando,
    I am on 50mg of clomid (days 3-7), and I chart my BBT daily. I see my FS once a month, when he gave me the script for the clomid, he told me to use it if i got a AF, (if i didnt get AF that month, he would give me another script to induce AF) and I struck out and had AF about 2 weeks after I saw him, so by the time i went back to see him, i was at about 2 weeks into my cycle. he got me to go and have a GTT test, and a blood test about 1 week after I saw him, he was specific about the timing of the blood test, relating to my cycle, so he could test if i had ovulated. My GTT was fine, and the blood test confirmed i had ovulated about 5 days earlier.. so we went back to my BBT chart and confirmed the day based on my temperature. Now my AF just comes on a 30 day cycle, and I am a late ovulater - about day 18, but that is ok. I have not noticed any s/e to the clomid.. neither has my DH. I guess I had other emotions that were controlling me - the first 2 times i had to take the clomid there was excitement because of the fact that there was AF (step one!) then the 3rd time i have had to take it was just relief really, in knowing that it is actually working, and knowing that DH and i actually have a normal sort of chance of conceiving naturally. FS wants me to get my tubes checked next cycle.. (if i get AF) then we are going to try for another few months this way before we go down the IUI path.
    but in terms of responding to clomid, i dont think i could have a better outcome! I hope this helps you!
    best of luck, let me know how you get on!
    Becky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi funky mummy

I am new to this and Metformin for pcos. I am 40 and been TTC for 11 years. 2 ectopics and 2 miscarriages. We have been doing IVF for 10 years.

Did you have any hairloss with the Metformin? I have read numerous blogs from women experiencing hairloss from taking Metformin. I am wondering whether it's worth the risk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info Becky - sounds like it is really working well for you!! And you are vrey lucky to not have any s/e!!!

It is too soon for me to be able to judge how it is working. I have to go tomorrow for another blood test and scan (will be CD 14) so hopefully my one bigger follie and my lining will have grown enough to look towards being a successful cycle. We started BD today anyway, even though the nurse told me to save my energy!!
    I am glad to have the monitoring done this time, so at least I know what is happening with my body, and will be able to identifiy what if any issues we will be facing ie lining thickness, lack of follicles, potential for multiples (not this time) etc. But it is a bit annoying to be going constantly to the clinic being poked and prodded. If I o successfully this month, and don't fall pregnant, I will probably go with a self-monitored cycle next month.

On another note - how long does it take to get SA results? My hubby didn't ask the rest of the process when he dropped his sample off... I would assume one of the nurses will call him as they call me after each test??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    On another note - how long does it take to get SA results? My hubby didn't ask the rest of the process when he dropped his sample off... I would assume one of the nurses will call him as they call me after each test??
    Hi Nando,
    It shouldn't take long for the SA results because they have to test it on the same day as the sample is given to them (before the little guys die off).

The pregnancy anouncements are so hard aren't they. I work in a workplace with about 80 women, so there's always at least 2 women pregnant. I'm so jealous!

Hello to the newly joined ladies... I'm pretty new myself. It is such a relief finding other people going through the same thing. I feel so much less alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by worknhard View Post
    It shouldn't take long for the SA results because they have to test it on the same day as the sample is given to them (before the little guys die off).
    Thats what I thought! I asked the nurses today and they said normally we would make another appointment with FS to get the results. After paying $200 for the test, I am not really keen to pay another $200 just to find out the results!!! My husband is going to give them a call and see....

Had another scan and more blood tests this morning... 1 follie has hit 18mm so the nurse is hopeful my bloods will come back and tell us to BD like rabbits! I hope so!! Besides this monitoring, I have no other indication that I would be close to O time.

Family Planner - I hope you are feeling better now??

Worknhard - I can understand what you mean about the workplace! My boss and 2 team members (out of only 8) are currently on maternitiy leave. My boss bought her little boy in the other day (6 weeks old) and I wanted to steal him!!!!

I feel a bit like I have turned this thread into my own little diary! Maybe I should put it in a book to show my kids one day what we went through to get them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one - nurse just called and said the bloods indicate O very soon so over the next 48 hours!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah feeling much better now. Thought I might've O'd cos my fertility friend chart has indicated it but I'm fearing it was just high temps due to illness cos my temp dropped below the coverline today Oh well only a couple more weeks until my appointment and then on to clomid