+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by familyplanner961 View Post
    I think you continue to take met throughout the first trimester of pregnancy as well but not sure.
    As soon as you find out that you are pregnant you are meant to stop Metformin. It is what they call in the medical word a C classed drug. A means you can have it during pregnancy so you need to check with your GP if you should be taking it during pregnancy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    Kimnus - Sorry to hear last month wasn't the one for you ... but good to hear your cycle is becoming a bit more regular! Hopefulyl with you charting obsession you'll be able to pick the best time to BD very soon!!

But - more of a random question to everyone with regards to timing... why not just have sex every day, or every other day?? That way it doesn't matter too much when you ovulate?
    I wish it was that simple but when you have a son under 1 and a husband that starts work at 4am it can be a bit difficult...although I am trying to get DH to do just that this time around

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimnus For This Useful Post:

familyplanner961  (11-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL wish my man was willing to do the baby dancing everyday.
    I think he would burn out if we did it everyday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lo mine would too I think but I am willing try

Me: 24
    DH: 24
    Lachlan born 11/11/2010 via emergency c-section
    TTC #2

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahaha Baby Dance!!! I though BD stood for 'bump dirties' lol

I am just going to make my DH do it - i'll seduce him or put on a p*rno or something if he is not in the mood - hehe - that being said, we both work 9-5 and have no other children etc to worry about... so we have plenty of spare time.

I am worried that I am on CD 9, last day of clomid and can't "bump dirties" until after his SA on Monday - that will be CD 12 - what if I miss it!!!!!

Plus I have been going absolutely crazy the last few days, and it may be clomid related, or just my own craziness but if anyone has advise on how to distract yourself from thinking of nothing but TTC, pregnancy or babies - PLEASE!!!! let me know
    Last edited by Nando; 12-08-2011 at 09:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you find a good distraction Nando let me know. Another cousin has announced her pregnancy and that makes 4 pregnant cousins I'm trying to be happy for them but I'm so jealous that it's not me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sorry but I have no answers for you. When I was trying for Lachlan I was going crazy as people around me kept getting pregnant, I had 5 people at work that got pregnant in only a few weeks apart from each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean! It can feel like everyone is having babies except you. I've been having a really hard week with it all. I've been taking my temps every day but it gets so tiring. Yesterday I decided enough was enough and called in sick from work just to have a day where I could slow down and destress. It was good but I can't do that all the time.

Hang in there Familyplanner961.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really think I need a day like that worknhard but I have to get a doctors certificate for any sick days and it just seems easier to go to work. You can wait up to 4 hours at my medical centre to see a doctor

Of course the weekend has arrived and now I'm sick. Stuffed up nose, sore throat and a bit of a fever My temp has spiked but I don't think it's due to ovulation. Maybe I should BD anyway although I'm really not in the mood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yup, another friend announced at my birthday party on Saturday ... boo.

No joy with distraction tactics yet....

Blood test sunday morning, blood test and scan this morning. The nurse told me my lining was not thick enough to support preganancy and that amongst all the cysts on my ovaries, there is one potential egg follicle but it is curently less than half the size required. So I am a bit confused as to if this is a dud cycle or if it is just a slow one and these things will improve over then next few days...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, mind if i join? I'm 28, diagnosed with PCOS at the start of the year. Only have cysts on one ovary but that doesn't seem to have made much difference to my prolonged cycle lengths, prior to going on the pill 4yrs ago it was normal for me to go 6 months with no AF. Anyway I switched from the pill to Mirena after a few years as the pill was seriously affecting my sex drive and got that removed July 14...havent had AF since. Tested last night as I had seriously sore boobs but BFN. I did the glucose tolerance test when I first got diagnosed but that came back fine so didn't get put on metaformin.
    Bit reluctant to go and see anyone yet..when I found out I had PCOS I was told I should be fine concieving but it would probably take a little longer than usual :S so I sort of feel I should give it at least until next July. So frustrating through not having any idea where I am with my cycle..since I had the Mirena taken out I've seen EWCM three times..like once a week just about!!!
    Have been doing a bit of research on how to get my cycle to regulate..I'm in the healthy weight range but might up the exercise and decrease the calories to try
    and get this cycle to sort itself out. Anyone have anything they've tried that's worked for them? I read a low carb diet has worked for some but can't believe how difficult that would be to follow
    Well, look forward to getting to know you all and good luck in your ttc journeys!