+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ok here we go

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I hate assessment I hate the process, I hate the presumptions, I hate the stupid comments made by father

"she talk so loundly" shut up dad a year ago she was still babbling, oh hello she has a hearing impairment.....

I hate that professionals are telling me "she 's drastically behind, you need to do something now".... Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh where have they all been for 3 years. Did they get lost down the rabbit whole whilst I was bashing down their door to look at her? Was it not them telling me " just give it time, each child develops at different rates?" now they're asking me why she's behind, why I haven't looked into other avenues...hmmm maybe because no one took me seriously until now.

sometimes I think it's everyone else who should b in SN not our children. They aat least don't ask mindless, pointless questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    OOOOHHHHHHHH YYEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, this is a very welcomed thread!!

There really needs to be so much more autism awareness.

I am so sick of people trying to get my Son to talk and interact with them. It seems the more he ignores them the harder they try. Can't you get the hint?????????? Leave him alone! The girls behind the desk at the GP's rooms were talking to DS one day. Asking him "where is the horse?" and stupid things like that! Well firstly, he may not talk but my boy isn't stupid! Why would he try to look around and see if he can spot a horse in the clinic when he knows only too well horses are in the paddock!!! Since then, when he didn't respond to them, suddenly these ladies think its their mission to get him to respond to them, like talking, waving, clapping, pointing. DS will point and babble and clap, but in his own time and when it is relevant! Not just because some silly old bird thinks he can put on a show for her entertainment like a puppet!

The thing is, as DS does not like stickers on his hand (as these women now know) I am sure they suspect he has ASD, so its like they are trying to prove it or make a point. Grrrrrr.

I feel like saying BACK OFF!!!! Why do they insist on persisting to get him to respond to their stupid gestures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leztanelly- I'm hearing you! Not that my child is talking yet, but its seems that sometimes its only the children with ASD making sense!! At least they talk about things the way they interpret them, not the mindless stupid questions aimed at us and them by so called experts and other adults!!! BLLAAHHHH!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why can't my child's father take her needs seriosuly??

Thanks
    Reviews
    So to all the people who keep saying oh I bet your hoping its a healthy one this time ( I'm 4 months pregnant) and theres nothing wrong with it. OMG I would love the baby all the same just like dd. She is just perfect in my eyes. Oh and to all the OT out there that said she would never look me in the .haha she does and is getting beter everyday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speaking of needing to vent..... I seriously need to vent and get some things off my chest about my mentally ill (undiagnosed) mother!!!!!

Does anyone know where I can find a forum that deals with this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    FB friend put in their status some thing about kids being diagnosed with ASD because they are 'day dreamers'. Uh huh. Yup. That was the crux of DS's diagnosis, ya know - the day dreaming... The language delay, lack of eye contact and stimming was just incidental.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Everyone goes on and on about early intervention, but then it takes months to see a Developmental Paed, a year on a waiting list for Early Intervention services etc etc. I could go on all day. Still waiting for Centrelink to process my claim for a Carer Allowance and it was lodged over a month ago. I can't apply for FaHCSIA funding until Centrelink issue DS1 a Health Care Card, and then I will probably be waiting ages for that to be approved too.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Ive never really posted in the special needs threads before but first time for everything.

You do not know my child like I do. Just because he 'seems normal' the handful of times you've seen him at family gatherings etc, does not mean I am full of $hi7 and just wanting attention. My son is struggling with a lot of things and we're trying to learn how to help him. And your awful comments, condescending views and downright rude attitude does not help us at all. So keep your opinion to yourself! !!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A reminder to members - this is a vent thread for parents of special needs children.

Please create a new thread in the appropriate area should you wish to vent or discuss topics which are not in keeping with the other posts in this thread.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (13-11-2014),LoveLivesHere  (13-11-2014),Tamtam  (13-11-2014),Zombie_eyes  (17-11-2014)