+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinOnAPrayer View Post
    Sue she's scaring the **** out of me. Chest xray today at the hospital and she's now on 2 differant antibiotics for a secondry chest infection. She's had major high temps (like 40 +), wheezing etc, but tonight her temps down to 34.7! And she's drenched the bed in sweat.
    Ive got her rugged up major. Fingers crossed it takes effect soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinOnAPrayer View Post
    Sue she's scaring the **** out of me. Chest xray today at the hospital and she's now on 2 differant antibiotics for a secondry chest infection. She's had major high temps (like 40 +), wheezing etc, but tonight her temps down to 34.7! And she's drenched the bed in sweat.
    Ive got her rugged up major. Fingers crossed it takes effect soon

Oh geez how frightening, I hope the antibiodics are doing their job and she's feeling a bit better today.

I spent all day Monday at the hospital with Leacie for similar issues (not the low temp though) and they just told me it's early stages pneumonia, handed me a script and told us to go home all because Leacie finally took a small drink of water while we were there. The reason we went to the hospital was because her heart rate was 147, high temps, she was blue around the mouth and nose, vomiting, not eating for days, dehydrated, extremely lethargic and terrible chesty cough she couldn't cope with due to low tone.

Thankfully after another bad night she turned the corner, and is finally getting her strength and a bit of an appetite back.

Oh and why is it no one has told me before now that kids with CP are quite susceptable to pneumonia? Would have been nice to know sooner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now this is the kind of thread I need!!!

To the carer we had the other week (came for cleaning) who said 'oh, she will be fine'....uh yeah she is fine....severely disabled and that isn't going to really change but we are fine with that. She is not sick. She will not get 'better'. She is how she is. And perfect.

To the emerg dr's who sent us home 4 times because we were too complex....and then had a five week stay after almost losing her....stuff you!!!!!

To the parents who look at me funny when i park in the diabled spot in the staff carpark at DS's school - Liv is almost 4...look around...everyone elses 4yr olds walk. She doesn't walk, talk, eat, sit, crawl, hear...if the one concession is that i get a spot cloer ti school and a safe place to set her wheelchair up, I will use it!!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SuzeQ For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    should've previewed post...spelling!!!! Angry typing

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is to my sons school .I am his mother and i think i would know if he had gastro just because he has one very runny poo at school dosent mean he has gastro you morons .he is on 2 different meds that cause this so i think its very unfair you have told me he isnt aloud back to school till next week .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyof9kids View Post
    This is to my sons school .I am his mother and i think i would know if he had gastro just because he has one very runny poo at school dosent mean he has gastro you morons .he is on 2 different meds that cause this so i think its very unfair you have told me he isnt aloud back to school till next week .

That bites Tammy, I know what Leacie's poo is like at the moment from the antibiodics ::shudder:: but it doesn't mean she has gastro.

I know when I was doing daycare for the child to be sent home they had to have 3 very loose motions in a matter of a couple of hours. Not ONE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bil and sil you saying Dd doesn't need therapy just discipline is insensitive. She is not naughty she is autistic. She is not behind because I ignore her again she is autistic. And while I'm at it she is advancing because of therapy so no they are not wrong!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kane PLEEEAAASSEE learn to not wet the bed every night, or stop refusing to wear night pull ups. its just sooo cold. i know small pity rant today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peta, I hope Alex gets well soon chest infections bite. Bree was on 3 lots of antibiotics and threatening CPap last time. Wait til they pull the complex child crap as an explanation. Which brings me to:
    Leanne, no one told me that CP makes them more susceptible either until our 3rd admission in a week and then told me that as a "complex child" I had to expect this and be prepared to spend most of winter in hospital :@.
    And now my rant. Turning blue everyday and using that as a guide to put Bree on oxygen is just not right. To say this is her normal is wrong. IT'S NOT NORMAL. Until a couple of months ago she satted at 100 now she sits around 90 and drops to 70. Why does she have all this trouble and why won't u tell me what u think is wrong. I know u know there's something. Her little heart shouldn't be at 150 asleep or 170 awake. FFS IF U SAY IT'S BECAUSE SHE'S A COMPLEX CHILD ONE MORE FREAKING TIME I'LL SCREAM

Sent from my i (couldn't live without it) Phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jake please stop whinging. I realize you can't tell ms what's wrong but if you make that horrible noise one more time I think I will snap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast